Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16609 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 10:55:11 am »

Given how many of the tzeentch cult voters aren't... voting, could we possibly change into being undivided or something else? Seems a little unfair that we get screwed over by a bunch of folks not voting for designs :V
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 10:58:20 am »

Well I'm happy with that truck thingy. We just don't have a handy piece of sorcery called a "votebox".
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 11:01:43 am »

You're fine, you're voting. It's the fact the others aren't that's a problem.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:03 pm »

I also support the truck thing.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 01:19:24 pm »

+ 1 to truck thing (I hope, that it will eventually evolve in runic demonic warpfire breathing  truck with tentacles shooting bolts of change)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 01:43:39 pm »

That's... really not the point of the truck. It just gets us from one place to another (And genestealers as roadkill.) Sure there's plans for it being an IFV but we kinda need autocannons for that.

Psykers/magic is worthless without the ability to stop them getting geeked.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »

And not all psyker abilities require LOS, we can stick 'em in the back of the truck to keep them safe while messing with reality.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 03:53:30 pm »

Psykers/sorcery allow to foresee, where and when you are going to get geeked and to outgeek someone intending to geek you or to get something like jackboots of imperial justice to smash some skulls for you.
And in general warpcraft is magical toolbox, which can do really anything.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 04:04:08 pm »

Prophecy, like the eldar have learnt, is no guarantee to victory. And generally just general awareness can tell you if you're going to be attacked or something, warpcraft just encourages laziness.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:12:22 pm by Taricus »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 09:42:25 pm »

Since we're up against Genestealers, I think two of the best areas we could focus on for our psykers/magic is illusion and messing with the mind (telepathy): in combat, if we disrupt the enemies' connection to the hive mind, they become much more vulnerable; after that, the fun really begins - e.g. making cultists turn on each other, making them think a horde of daemons is attacking from behind, making them unable to see our forces; outside of battle, there are even more possibilities, for example diverting the attentions of the Imperial authorities or hiding troop movements... The possibilities are endless.

Now, something I thought of last night, a grand design to consider for later:

Psychic Choir
Some psykers are too weak to do much by themselves, others are unable to control their powers on their own. If we train these individuals to attune themselves to each other, those with strong will can stabilise those with no control, and with their power pooled the choir can achieve far more than any one of them could alone. If it works for the Imperial Guard, we can make it work for us!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 11:03:02 pm »

Goliath Technicals
Efficacy: 1 Cost: 5 Bugs: 4

The initial news to return from the development team is heartening. The technicals, retrofitted from their work in the mines, are easy to use, rugged, and best of all, cheap.
However, the news after that turns sour. Being mining trucks to begin with, they aren't built for combat at all and they have virtually no armor. Small arms fire can injure the occupants quite easily, and with enough volume, do some serious damage to the workings of the vehicle.
Worse than that, it's slow. Designed to carry men to the mines or rocks from it, it's never had a need for gears or torque. Without an overhaul it will be content to roar along at a pace slightly faster than a walking human.

Goliath Technical
Civilian Equipment: 30 Military Equipment: 10

The Goliath Technical is able to carry two squads of light infantry, or one squad of heavy infantry. It can move one hub per turn.

It is now the Revision phase. You have 2 Dice remaining
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:09 pm »

Quick clarification, do unused dice carry over between turns?

Regardless of the answer, I say we should put both our leftover dice towards trying to improve Efficacy.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 11:10:59 pm »

Errrrgh... I think we gotta up the speed, at least then it serves as a fast transport. Or maybe save the dice and do an engine as a design? We really may as well save the dice as we get a second round and may as well get all our design out before deciding what most needs revising to work...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »

Errrrgh... I think we gotta up the speed, at least then it serves as a fast transport. Or maybe save the dice and do an engine as a design? We really may as well save the dice as we get a second round and may as well get all our design out before deciding what most needs revising to work...
That assumes we can actually keep dice for later turns. If they're use it or lose it, we might as well put both dice towards fixing the speed and/or armour. If we can stockpile them, we should still put at least 1 die into revising Efficacy, as the Goliaths really need to provide either protection or movement speed in order to be useful.

The rules aren't clear about whether dice can be stored, and I've never played this kind of game before.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:25:52 pm by Archangel »
My full sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »

You absolutely can bank dice for later.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20