Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16637 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2017, 04:22:53 pm »

I don't care enough which one wins.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2017, 04:23:22 pm »

Dang, you guys aren't going to have an enemy to fight if people keep jumping on the Kaos bandwagon.

Waiting on the GSC's before I roll turn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »

Sadly I was already in the hive in hive race and I needed to vote Nurgle. So genestealers would have been redundant and blasphemous.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2017, 05:45:24 pm »

Well, I have an attachment to chaos myself. Much fun I have had using chaos forces in games. And yes I know I haven't voted, I just don't mind what wins this vote.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »

Quote from: votes
Militia: [1] Stabby
Elected Leaders: [4] Taricus, RAM, Piratejoe, helmacon
Goliath weapon mounts: [2] RAM, Archangel
Reserve 1 die: [3] Archangel, Nirur, Piratejoe
Changing my vote
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2017, 07:10:31 pm »

Reserve 0 dice: [1] RAM
Reserve 1 die: [3] Archangel, Nirur, Piratejoe
Reserve 2 dice:
The way reserving works is sort of awkward. I am getting this sense that if you just want to use all of them then you won't really feel that it needs stating. As though all proposals with more votes than a withhold proposal will violate the withhold proposal or something. But then I look at it, and it seems that only spending the one die is completely unopposed. Just sort of seems like we need all of the options put up on the list if we are going to have any of them...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »

Question, if we reserve enough dice, can we have two designs? If so, maybe reserving dice would be a better idea.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2017, 07:42:25 pm »

We could definitely do that. But in that case we wouldn't be able to do as many revisions. I'll supprt banking a die though as there's not much we could revise in at this point. May as well save the weapon mounts for a full design on a new vehicle.

Reserve 0 dice: [1] RAM
Reserve 1 die: [4] Archangel, Nirur, Piratejoe, Taricus
Reserve 2 dice:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:49 am »

Elected Leaders: 6
In a chaos cult, it is found that an elected 'Leader' is generally the most zealous, or shows the most stigmata of their chosen god. In a Tzeentch cult, this usually either means magic or horrifying mutations, and most of the cultist champions raised from the ranks of their bretheren share the latter feature.
Tentacles, tendrils, eyes and fangs, these 'Sergeants' are vaguely inhuman but damned inspiring to those who see the ability to use a knife and fork with the same hand as a great blessing.
Every squad will automatically elect a sergeant at no additional cost, who grant a slight improvement to morale, and whose mutations make them more powerful in close combat than their underlings.
-Further improvements on Sergeants will risk The Cult of Change

Turn 1
The Architect of Fate and Changer of Ways has spoken. Whilst we were content to run our schemes in peace, it seems that the alien has been consolidating and preparing for a strike against us. We knew this.
It seems they have decided that the hive is not large enough for the both of us. We knew this.
With Tzeentch's guidance, we knew it all. Hive not big enough? The galaxy is not big enough.
The silly genestealers with their ordered logic and brainwashed, willing slaves... What is more fun than bringing it all crashing down, before they've even realised it's happened?
It's time to start the grand plan in motion.

From this turn onwards the Strategy & Construction turns are available.
Infantry will be available from the moment they are commissioned, however, vehicles and monstrous creatures will be normally required an extra turn for construction.
The exception is this first turn, where all construction is 'backfilled' to allow a normal start to the game.

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
A powerful machinegun capable of mowing down crowds of enemies. Due to it's bulk only the strongest can carry it and so it is limited to one per squad.
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design phase. You have 6 dice remaining.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:09:31 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2017, 01:07:06 am »

Hmm, I feel like we should use something more then just a knife for CQC, and although I know its ambitious, I kinda want to try and get a chain sword right off the bat. Although what would probably be wiser is making our goliath vehicles better, or making a less ambitious close or long ranged weapon. We do have two designs if we wish to make two this turn though as we have 6 dice. Speaking of ambitious, something we can do later down the line is nick some Leman russ tanks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2017, 01:29:01 am »

AFAIK only certain mutations are particularly cared for by even the worshippers of Tzeentch. Less tendrils and more wings, bits that breathe fire, feathers, talons. You know, the sort of thing that someone can be sure the lord of change has gifted someone with rather than the bog-standard shit your average mutant has. Either way, given that the ones marked for greatness by Tzeentch tend to be smarter than the average folk, we've got ourselves some good squad leaders.

Now, are you able to elaborate how further changes to them will risk the cult at all Tack?

Militia
By giving cultists some basic training, we can get them to do amazing things, like looking down a gun's sights, taking cover when someone shoots at them, attempt suppressing fire and covering their allies, spread out their fire against things that don't require concentrated fire to bring down, recognise the difference between soft and hard cover and recognise that pretty much everything is the former so don't stay in one place, and generally behave vaguely like soldiers with hints of competence and a survival agenda rather than a clueless gang of hooting thugs looking to prove themselves.

Flak Armour
While strides have been made in making our forces mobile, making them survivable hasn't worked out too well so far. Thus, plans are laid in motion to create armour roughly equivalent of the PDF/Imperial guard (Or just outright stealing it from the factory lines). While it gets a bad reputation as being worthless, this is mostly because it goes up against things that are far more powerful than autoguns or knives. Since knives and Autoguns are all both sides have down here for the time being, such armour would serve well with distinction.

Stubber Buggy
With the ability for fixing up Goliaths for service well in our grasp, development of light, armoured combat buggies is seen as a step forward. As a two-man, four wheel vehicle armed with a pair of stubbers (Effectively twin-linked), fairly well armoured for a vehicle of it's size and a hardened, bladed frontal plate for driving through enemies.

Space Marines: Alpha Legion
Having heard stories about the famous and dreaded space marines and their legionary counterparts, we have learnt that there are several legions that we could call upon for aid. Of course, the sorcerer has let slip about the fact that seemingly every thousand son we could call upon would be... well, mindless (And the sorcerer would rather not have any potential usurpers in the form of a legion sorcerer). To that end, this leaves us with limited options in where we source our marines from; Three other legions are worshippers of the other gods and the word bearers preach chaos undivided which makes them unsuitable for accompanying our cult. Of the other four, the black legion would usurp leadership from our sorcerer, the iron warriors wouldn't bother with the cult and the night lords are only useful as short-term mercenaries (And hate the chaos gods). This leaves us with only one choice for space marines: The alpha legion.

From what the Sorcerer tells us, these marines are rather.. devoid of personal ambition or goals, and are experts in the warfare which we must pursue to throw off the hated imperium and the xeno cultists (And more than inclined to educate cultists in these means as well.) While bannerless renegades are serviceable, a more controlled and discipline force of chaos space marines would help give the cult a firm backbone to expand from.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:54 am »

Quote from: our alignment
Chaos gives freely... endlessly and unceasing
Rolls of "6" on effectiveness for any design featuring magic or mutation will invoke the RtD rule of 'Gone horribly right', and will feature some unintended consequences.
Quote from: our patron
- The results of "Chaos gives freely" become even more unpredictable
Quote from: our first roll that didn't address strictly mundane technology
Thanks Tzeench. Just thanks. Really feeling the love...
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2017, 01:50:44 am »

On any design. That was a revision, not a design. Thus no unintended consequences.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2017, 02:02:44 am »

but it was sooooo nice. We got capable mutant leaders. 

We should definitely armor the goliaths.

Also, we should further improve our sergeants.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2017, 02:06:49 am »

Not much we can do to improve our sergeants until we improve our organisation or our equipment. And Goliaths getting armoured is probably another revision.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20