Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 64986 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2018, 02:03:35 pm »

Bob's going to try to shoot out a tire with a suppressed pistol before retreating. Any problems with that?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2018, 02:18:26 pm »

I don't know how quiet a suppressed pistol would be in a PW game. IRL, they are still loud and noticeable, as I understand it.

But sure, go ahead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2018, 02:41:39 pm »

I remember asking but don't remember what the exact answer was. I think we're operating on movie silenced weapons rules. I could ask again on discord.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »

Wonder if there's any gunfire audible from where we are, from maybe the more traditional military forces.
And yeah, for some reason, I think I assumed that this was working on movie suppressor rules. Maybe 888th has special suppressor tech though.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2018, 05:52:26 pm »

I remember asking but don't remember what the exact answer was. I think we're operating on movie silenced weapons rules. I could ask again on discord.
Th-there's a discord? :o

E: A thing to keep in mind too, a tire popping is pretty loud as well, regardless of the pistol sound. It might very well cover it up if the shot connects.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:55:15 pm by Gentlefish »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2018, 06:16:35 pm »

Th-there's a discord? :o

E: A thing to keep in mind too, a tire popping is pretty loud as well, regardless of the pistol sound. It might very well cover it up if the shot connects.

Why yes indeed! Come join the stupidity fun

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2018, 07:55:43 am »

"Okay, got it. Does antone here have any explosives, though?"

The entire rest of the squad stops for a moment and turns as one to stare at Ed.

Ed: "What?"
Everyone: "..."
Ed: "Oh yeah. Yeah, I have an explosive or two. Oh look! Three explosives. I forgot I looted that last one. I'd have had more, but someone scooped them all up and threw them out a window." Ed looks pointedly at Tala here. ((yes, I know they were armed and primed. Yes, I know Ed was running away at full tilt at the time. I'm reasonably confident Ed knows that too.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:09 am »

Posting Ed's orders for the group here, in case it gets overlooked in the main thread.

"Good work, gang. Excellent work. Radio, call that into base would ya? Also, if you haven't already, alert them about that squad of Nazis that Bob found earlier. Alright gang, listen up! Tala's right, we need to be about our business quickly and get moving. Keep an eye out for hostiles, and start checking this area for Friendlies. Living Friendlies! And just in case it needs saying, DO NOT KILL THE FRIENDLIES!

Tala, if you would take two people, maybe Taggart and Grouse (Random and Leodanny) down the southwest branch, I'll take Jack and Radio down the southeast branch, and we'll meet up again in the middle branch. Sound good? If you have any trouble, three loud whistles on your bird call will bring us running. One long whistle will tell us to retreat to our little bunker. If we don't see you in the middle fork, we'll do a quick sweep of where you were supposed to go before heading back to regroup and move on to the next place. You do the same if you don't find us. If I go missing, you are in charge. If you and I fall, Jack, you'll be in charge. Got it?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2018, 07:47:32 pm »

Unrelated: I have gone completely batshit insane (wasn't that hard) trying to get a forum avatar to work. Imgur and img.e didn't work, apparently. The image I wish to use is this:

(actual URL is this https://i.img.ie/u9S.jpg) and it is filling me with impotent rage that I can't get it to work.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2018, 08:01:31 pm »

Didn't seem so hard.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »

Remove the "s" in https, and reenter the URL. The forum doesn't like https, but it should still work if you just change it to http.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2018, 06:56:36 am »

Hey! that worked! except you can't see the text so I'ma swap to the SIMMERING WITH RAGE!!!!!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2018, 08:01:42 am »

I guess Bay12 doesn't believe in secure connections?
*insert Secret Agent Man song reference that happens to be funny*

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:09 am »

(also if someone can give me a quick rundown on who I take orders from

That would be Ed, the current nominal commander, you’ll want to stick close to him.

(and who has bad luck so I know not to stand next to them)

That would be Ed, the bomb expert with more explosives than sense, you’ll want to stay far away from him.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2018, 12:01:59 pm »

Also use bolded sentences for actions. Makes it easy for PW
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39