Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 64992 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »

Posting to follow along here. Feels good to be in a place where I can participate in PW's stuff again.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2018, 02:00:15 pm »

It'll probably be easier for us to talk about possible plans once we have a map of the area.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2018, 07:53:35 pm »

Also PTW.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2018, 11:39:29 am »

Ed has +1 in camouflage, and 0 in languages. He also has 500+ GLORY. this is enough to bump both skills to +2. Throw in one slightly used German Officer's uniform, and one underutilized German Officer's Luger, and we could make a fair go at the ol' Trojan method of Enemy Occupied Fortification Infiltration.

We could call it Operation T.E.O.F.I.

Or Toffee, for short.

'course, it'd be nice, if this kind of plan were put into effect, if Ed didn't have to shoulder the entire GLORY burden alone. Too bad Rubber Duckky has 0, having spent all his onsmooth talking a few local bathtub appliances.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:31 am »

Probably act as Leader since despite the numerous pages of chat, nobody volunteered .-.;
This is why there is a perception that you don't pay attention.
I did look back and see Radio force-volunteered you. :P

And you didn't respond with an affirmative.
So yeah.

This should be in the OOC. But it isn't.
It was meant to go in the ooc thread. My apologies on that front.

However, Ed did accept the nomination, with the caveat that he offered the post to Simon instead.

"I ... I guess I'm the leader. I don't know, unless Simon wants to be leader? Simon?"

To be fair, I also accidentally left my response to Radio's nomination in a quote box. that has been remedied.

OOC, If the players vote for a leader, then whoever gets the post is leader.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:33:14 am by Ozarck »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2018, 10:00:10 am »

OOC, If the players vote for a leader, then whoever gets the post is leader.
If I'm betting what he means by leader being 'guy who does the sitrep to us', then I'm TOTALLY ok with being that and getting my beloved radio backpack back, because at this rate, this totally looks like we're getting fire team leaders to coordinate combat.

Because we are, seriously, outnumbered, and being all kill-y-the-everything will not work out. Also civilians. We can actually RP as the resistance/rebels/thematic rebellion group! :D

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 10:21:37 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

I'd like everyone to begin by stating what objective they want to accomplish first. This will help us decide who is going with whom.
If your objective is "stick close to [person]," that's fine, too.

Ed's objective is to meet up with the local leadership to gather intel on the area.

Suggested objectives:
a) Meet with  the locals to get intel on the fort and these so called underground tunnels.
b) get to the fishery and get at least a sniper up in a high point to give us eyes on the town.
c) scout possible paths to the fort.

people currently likely to do each of these:
a) Oz, Radio
b)
c) Lupanian

People likely to do ... something else:
Going "West."
Strider, (possibly rnadom and gentle, who seem to want to stick with Strider)
Going "Northeast"
Tiruin

by the way: PW's map is oriented with north as up. Cherbourgh is at the north end of a peninsula, with teh harbor at the north end of Cherbourgh

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 11:01:53 pm »

How, despite all I've written, am I put under the final conclusion of doing something else? o_O I'm all for going west, meeting the resistance, and basically having fulfilled A/B, with the theme of C being met by that.

Also where is that Western mountain mentioned?

Also2, something I've noticed that is invariably and consistently important: PLAYER LOADOUT.
So we can plan these things semi-organizedly, instead of casually and probably mess up along the way.

Even a Google Docs thing that people can all access will help with these. I can make it but it's all on Piecewise's comment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 11:13:57 pm »

How, despite all I've written, am I put under the final conclusion of doing something else?
Despite all you've written?
"You keep the map, I'm going to need a radio," Tala said to Ozarck Mr. Bohring. "Bob, take west; I'll move north east with those under me."...

Perform a medical check on the person who had just...glazed over his gaze and such? That's a bit strange.
Instead of complaining that I literally quoted you and saying "I didn't say that," just tell me in simple terms, where are you planning to go?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 11:16:32 pm »

Instead of complaining that I literally quoted you and saying "I didn't say that," just tell me in simple terms, where are you planning to go?
Eep! It's the tone D: I should've put a  :P for emphasis on non-AUGH-ness.
Also I would've made it an action in bold, oops! Because what I said there was supposed to be followed up by conversation from other folks who wanted to chime in, since we have no actual formal leadership (or...ranking in the military, as far as I know).

Anyway, hopefully we'll see some use for our tankbuster rifles! Because I do expect to face some armor around here in a flagging and low morale army. The end result is 'get that bunker', where part of it is 'hopefully don't get everything blown up while doing it'. :D We only need either this bit of organization or the go signal from folks.

Even a Google Docs thing that people can all access will help with these. I can make it but it's all on Piecewise's comment.
Also this :P as a lifestyle easing thing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 22, 2018, 11:19:43 am »

Woop, somehow I never PTW'd here.

Yeah, Jackson is built for CQC, so houseclearing is up his alley, as will be storming the bunkers once he gets in.
He does very poorly long-range, mostly because he does not have a rifle yet. He's good at pointing and shooting.

Just tell me where I"m putting him and I'll move him that way.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2018, 10:05:03 pm »

well gee it sure would be fucking great if simon had a buddy with a radio so that that scouting information could be relayed back to the main group
GREAT
WOULDN'T IT BE

The only person with both a radio and decent camo is Radio_Controlled, and even he would add another failure chance while not being that useful in a fight.  Except as ablative HP, I guess.

It's not like Simon's scouting information is all that useful yet anyway ("There is a tank where we aren't"), he's going to return after he learns something truly valuable.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2018, 07:07:57 am »

*Ed's ears perk up*

A tank, you say?, He mutters to the wind, before refocusing on his task at hand.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »

I really need to find another enemy plane to jack, because I couldn't keep the last one due to being experimental technology. Dammit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 02, 2018, 12:50:39 pm »

Looks like we might have a fight on our hands.

So, the bulk of us are located with Ed and Tala just north of the red roofed buildings we've been trying to get to.
We're headed there to meet up with any French resistance types who can give us info on the fort.

Robert has found a group of Germans loading supplies onto a truck on the street to the east of us (the grey one that runs north/south from the bay past the red houses on the east side, then between the red houses and the industrial complex to the south).

I'm not sure if it's our job to clear those guys out or not. Besides, looks like they are already trying to leave, and I doubt the supplies are particularly important, though supplies are always important, at least for the people who are using them.

Plus, don't forget that a lightning storm is coming from the east - that could be natural, or it cold be related to that mystical group we fought on the ship.

Ed and Tala's group has a house locked down as a defensive point if we need it, but I still want to move on south.

So, our options right now:
a) keep moving south to the red roofed houses and look for La Resistance. (This is my preference, as it keeps us moving forward with our primary mission.)
b) move east to where Robert is and fight the eight or so Germans there. (we could radio that info to the main army instead, but they might want us to take care of it ourselves)
c) button down the house we're in and brace for the coming storm. (I dislike this idea because it's passive and feels like it leaves us vulnerable, just like back in the ship.)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39