Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 65023 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:13 pm »

note to self: use OOC thread more often. Sorry about that.
Note to Toby: Stick with Ed.
Note to Toby: Stay away from Ed.
Sounds about typical. In any case, Toby would avoid standing next to officers/leaders anyways; they tend to get shot at more.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2018, 02:32:07 pm »

If you really don't want to be shot, come hang out with Alice! You should take orders from her; you can tell because she has a fancy hat.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2018, 06:44:36 pm »

As the cowardly dog unfit to wear the Army's uniform that I am, I shall liberally interpret my standing orders and do what I do best: fortify positions and do various things to keep me from getting shot.

From now on, unless I am specifically asked otherwise, I'll just hang around in the near vicinity of Alice and make a secure position to fall back on. Dead bodies as sandbags, branches for camo, grenades linked to trip wires if I can find them. etc.
Spoiler: Rifleman Parrish (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2018, 06:59:08 am »

(also if someone can give me a quick rundown on who I take orders from

That would be Ed, the current nominal commander, you’ll want to stick close to him.

(and who has bad luck so I know not to stand next to them)

That would be Ed, the bomb expert with more explosives than sense, you’ll want to stay far away from him.
You're not wrong~

As the cowardly dog unfit to wear the Army's uniform that I am, I shall liberally interpret my standing orders and do what I do best: fortify positions and do various things to keep me from getting shot.

From now on, unless I am specifically asked otherwise, I'll just hang around in the near vicinity of Alice and make a secure position to fall back on. Dead bodies as sandbags, branches for camo, grenades linked to trip wires if I can find them. etc.

If you want to hold a position, I recommend joining up with Carolina instead of Alice. Carolina is actually attempting something of use to the team, and Alice is ... not so much. Also, Carolina is currently in the team's fallback position - we fortifid that house for that purpose. Ed's orders would echo these thoughts, though my current plan is for the group to press forward to the next set of red roofed houses to the southeast of our current spot, providing the weather holds out.

P.S. Hey Redjive!
Bold text is what is called an ACTION POST. this is something you want the GM to see and respond to.
Things you want to use bold text on:
a) your character's actual action for the turn: soemthing that would require a roll of the dice, or would change something about your character's situation.
b) questions for the GM. Things you are unclear on that need GM attention and response.
c) responses to GM communications.

There should be one boldtext post per player per round. This is to help the GM see what needs responding to quickly and concisely. PW has led many games, some of which had many players, and things can get muddled very easily.
now, there are exceptions to the above, such as in the last turn, where I posted an update that effectively covered the actions of a whole group. These exceptions are uncommon or rare, and should not be used often. instead, if you need to add to, change, or remove an action: either edit your first action, or cross out your first action and make a new one.

Things you should not bold:
roleplay.
interplayer communication or actions, unless they require a dice roll.

Finally, if you have a conversation IC whit another player, and it goes on for more than a post or two, you should consider moving it to ooc, to avoid cluttering up the main thread and action posts. All these guidelines are to help with the flow of the game, so don't feel too bad about missing them sometimes. We're generally pretty easy-going in that regard.

Hope this helps!
Out of Context conversation. This is almost an exception, because sometimes the GM needs some OOC for clarification, but in general, no.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:23:47 am by Ozarck »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 15, 2018, 08:46:19 am »

Alright. You can never have too many fall back points tho (and at least Alice won't be SOL if the Nazis happen to find her and surround her so she can't run away.) Related: Wooo tea coffee! Me setting up traps and digging foxholes was kind of an action roll. I guess action rolls are only required for stuff directly related to combat though?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 15, 2018, 09:26:28 am »

no, if you want ot set up a foxhole, that's a suitable action to bold for PW

but the RP actions related to showing Alice things is not.

Plus, you aren't with Alice yet - first off, you are with Ed's group, so you have to get from point a to point ?

second off, you don't know where Alice is. She fucked off somewhere on her own. Hell, you don't even know who Alice is, really, having come into the game after she wandered away from the group without communication

finally, as for Alice being fucked if the Nazis find and surround her: a) not likely to happen, given her closeness to the Allies, b) not really anyone's concern but Egan's, since it was his choice to wander. Ed considers Alice to be pointlessly AWOL, and will be reporting her as such to Bones. Not that that will do much, though her share of the GLORY might be limited. Feel free to go fuck about (it's just a game after all :P), but if you are actually interested in the mission and the game as a whole, I recommend hanging with Ed and Tala's group for the moment.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2018, 11:00:16 am »

Roger Roger.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2018, 05:08:15 pm »

I did tell the team where I was going, you know. I just don't see any point in trying to fight entrenched nazis with a pistol and negligible combat skills.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2018, 06:22:45 pm »

I did tell the team where I was going, you know. I just don't see any point in trying to fight entrenched nazis with a pistol and negligible combat skills.
Ed's doing pretty good on that front. And, I remind you, Ed has yet to fire his pistol, that he looted off a corpse. Before looting the corpse. And the first (second?) time Alice confronted actually entrenched Nazis, she stole an experimental plane.

I'm not even a little irritated that your character is faffing about, though. I do think getting default GLORY for essentially not being in mission is a bit, meh.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2018, 06:53:02 pm »

Welp i didnt post any action in the past 3 or 4 missions, so i guess im dead
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2018, 06:57:51 pm »

Welp i didnt post any action in the past 3 or 4 missions, so i guess im dead
you don't have to be. if you want to join again, join.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2018, 09:06:44 pm »

Sorry to be a pain in the ass about this, but all of these:

(I have edited my character sheet for a bit more background to the tune of: I basically just set about Securing The Perimeter/digging foxholes and placing traps unless I have direct orders to do something. Changed my +1 First Aid to +1 Traps)

very quietly Anyone have any orders for me?
Assuming no one hears me, I go to the general area that Alice is in and begin setting up a secure fall back point. On the way I check bodies for anything I can use to make booby traps or strengthen the foxholes I plan to dig (about 5 of them). If I find explosives I save them for later, but tin cans and wires for noise traps I set up as soon as the first foxhole is dug. If I can find an SMG or a pistol and ammo I pick those up as well.

Hell yes! I can make a very nasty door trap with 2 cups of coffee, about 8 inches of wire or twine, and a bit of tape.

eyes the house Alice is in
Want me to make that a little more secure?

*Shows her a hastily drawn map with the coffee trap placed on an invitingly half-open door, and a few noise traps in various areas that can't be seen from the 10 partially dug foxholes around the house.*
"I'm also going to put sandbags or dead bodies or whatever I can find that can block bullets at the base of each of the windows, so we can use them as hard cover if necessary."
Spoiler: fortifications (click to show/hide)

"Moving with you, Carolina" I rub some dirt on my bayonet so it doesn't reflect light
Advance, about 20 yards away from Carolina ince she's much stealthier than me. Keep an eye out for any Nazis or useful loot (wire, explosives, guns or ammo) and keep the other eye open for the nearest hard cover.

have boldtext in them, and therefore count as action posts. I suggest that you go back and edit the boldtext out, select ONE of these as an action post, and put whatever action you are doing this round in there.

Now, that action should take two things into consideration: 1) your location as of last round was "with teh main group," aka Where Ed, Tala, Radio, Grouse, Taggart, and Jack are, and NOT with either Alice or Carolina.
2) Ed's ordering the advance, but is waiting for Carolina to catch up before going ahead.

Otherwise your character is literally teleporting all over this side of the map, doing a dozen things at once. Again, this can be a right pain in the ass for a GM to sort through.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 16, 2018, 10:41:00 am »

Also even if i wanted to play again my character sheet is buried somewhere in the IC, and to be fair i really dont want to look for it
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 16, 2018, 10:58:24 am »

Also even if i wanted to play again my character sheet is buried somewhere in the IC, and to be fair i really dont want to look for it
Looks like you dropped out pretty much at the end of the second mission - the one where we rescued the kids and exploded a Nazi Base.

Your latest character sheet, from October
You should apparently have 145 GLORY

I'm not saying you need to play, but you now have ready access to your character should you choose to do so.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 16, 2018, 12:22:04 pm »

well thanks
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39