Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 65015 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #360 on: June 16, 2018, 03:16:08 pm »

i decided that i will join the next mission, becuse it would be wierd for me to join in a middle of a mission
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 16, 2018, 04:03:05 pm »

Now, that action should take two things into consideration: 1) your location as of last round was "with teh main group," aka Where Ed, Tala, Radio, Grouse, Taggart, and Jack are, and NOT with either Alice or Carolina.
2) Ed's ordering the advance, but is waiting for Carolina to catch up before going ahead.

Welp. I thought I was behind lines somewhere, for a somewhat more realistic entry i.e: I was reinforcements.
Subnote: deleting the first 3 and fixing the 4th one.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 16, 2018, 04:07:46 pm »

i decided that i will join the next mission, becuse it would be wierd for me to join in a middle of a mission

I wouldn't worry about that too much if I were you. PW, the gm, certainly doesn't. You can spawn at the docks and pretend you slept through the initial disembarkment and come help us out as reinforcements (or come to collect our gibs to ship 'em to the folks back home of course).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 16, 2018, 04:13:35 pm »

Alright, I'm just going to post here how I got from allied lines to here:
I hitched a ride on a M5 Stuart that dropped me off roughly where Alice was, and slogged my way up to Ed's group, who I am currently advancing with (unless Carolina wants me for anything)

I marked my previous action posts as not applicable anymore, and my most recent post is under the assumption that for this round I just got up to Ed and he briefed me on everything I need to know etc. etc. For some reason I didn't realize that this was all one round.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:58 pm »

And yes, if you guys get ambushed I'm abandoning you to your fates (unless I think I can make a difference, which I almost certainly won't) and digging myself a hidey-hole so I can pick up your bodies after you die. Good excuse to leave the front, if nothing else.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 17, 2018, 12:53:42 am »

Now, that action should take two things into consideration: 1) your location as of last round was "with teh main group," aka Where Ed, Tala, Radio, Grouse, Taggart, and Jack are, and NOT with either Alice or Carolina.
2) Ed's ordering the advance, but is waiting for Carolina to catch up before going ahead.

Welp. I thought I was behind lines somewhere, for a somewhat more realistic entry i.e: I was reinforcements.
Subnote: deleting the first 3 and fixing the 4th one.
Good work.  I especially like the line about abandoning us to die. You've gotten into the spirit of the game already.

I hitched a ride on a M5 Stuart that dropped me off roughly where Alice was, and slogged my way up to Ed's group, who I am currently advancing with (unless Carolina wants me for anything)

I marked my previous action posts as not applicable anymore, and my most recent post is under the assumption that for this round I just got up to Ed and he briefed me on everything I need to know etc. etc. For some reason I didn't realize that this was all one round.
Have you seen the map? It's only, like, three blocks from the Harbor where we were all dropped off to where we are now.
https://imgur.com/a/kcsIKxU

the big blue bit is the harbor. The yellow around it is allied occupied territory. We are in the cluster of red buildings to the West (left) of the map, three streets south of the harbor. Carolina is about a block north of us. Alice is somewhere a block north of her, in a random building hiding, sleeping, and making paper airplanes, Simon Smith, Electrucutedest Sniper, is on the opposite side of the map, roughly halfway down, and is currently attempting to loot an entire tank, an action of which Ed is immensely envious, or would be, if he knew about it.

What, was there nothing lootworthy to find? Like nothing at all?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised, considering we blew one of the trucks in half, and someone with a flamethrower torched the rest.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2018, 08:05:10 am »

What, was there nothing lootworthy to find? Like nothing at all?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised, considering we blew one of the trucks in half, and someone with a flamethrower torched the rest.
You would be amazed at what can survive an explosion. Sure, there's not gonna be anything cool, like a gun or explosives, but he could find a small number of useful things, like a knife or perhaps something that got flung away in the initial explosion that's still useful. The torched truck is a lost cause tho.

Have you seen the map? It's only, like, three blocks from the Harbor where we were all dropped off to where we are now.
https://imgur.com/a/kcsIKxU

the big blue bit is the harbor. The yellow around it is allied occupied territory. We are in the cluster of red buildings to the West (left) of the map, three streets south of the harbor. Carolina is about a block north of us. Alice is somewhere a block north of her, in a random building hiding, sleeping, and making paper airplanes, Simon Smith, Electrucutedest Sniper, is on the opposite side of the map, roughly halfway down, and is currently attempting to loot an entire tank, an action of which Ed is immensely envious, or would be, if he knew about it.
No I haven't seen the map. WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS?
also I can still hitch a ride on a Stuart, I don't want to walk a whole-ass 3 blocks. Assuming there is any Allied presence whatsoever.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 17, 2018, 08:10:38 am »

If nothing else, Simon Smith, Tankiest Sniper, could at least jump in there and gun down some f*ckers with the bow mounted MG34, or even the co-ax. It's not that hard to use, all he would need to know is where the safety is, everything else would probably be done for him (i.e. belt loaded, bullet in the chamber, all he would need to do is hit the safety, pull the trigger, and remember not to overheat the gun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 17, 2018, 09:15:09 am »

Augh x.x this is what I try to alleviate in the organization in a forum by always posting these in my posts. Sorry!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 17, 2018, 09:26:14 am »

Augh x.x this is what I try to alleviate in the organization in a forum by always posting these in my posts. Sorry!

Don't worry, nobody knowing what the hell is going on is one of our strategic assets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 17, 2018, 09:28:34 am »

also I can still hitch a ride on a Stuart, I don't want to walk a whole-ass 3 blocks. Assuming there is any Allied presence whatsoever.
You're new. There's only so much I can show you at one time. Sorry. The map is usually posted by the GM at the bottom of the turn.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2018, 09:31:11 am »

My fault for not asking if there was a map. Don't worry about it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:12 am »

If nothing else, Simon Smith, Tankiest Sniper, could at least jump in there and gun down some f*ckers with the bow mounted MG34, or even the co-ax. It's not that hard to use, all he would need to know is where the safety is, everything else would probably be done for him (i.e. belt loaded, bullet in the chamber, all he would need to do is hit the safety, pull the trigger, and remember not to overheat the gun.

Whaa?  Why would Simon stop at killing Nazis with a machine gun, when he could steal the whole tank?  He's already hauling around an MG15, anyway.  And four sniper rifles, though two of them are just spares.  Also a lightning rifle, an officer's pistol, and a lot of knives, a couple grenades...  uhh.  My point is, he's already got all the conventional firepower he can use (if maybe not as much as he wants), unless he starts aiming hire.  Like, tank higher.

Seriously, I'm gonna do my damndest to keep that tank, even if it means Simon has to sleep inside and chain himself to it like he does with his guns.  The brass ain't stealing my tank, Simon isn't Alice, he won't roll over and let someone just spirit it away!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2018, 12:44:31 pm »

Ask Ed for some explosives, and rig it so you can blow it up if the higher ups try to confiscate it.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 17, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »

Yes.

Ask Ed to rig the tank.

With explosives.

So nobody can touch it but Simon.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39