Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34801 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2017, 10:32:47 pm »

I like the "Passion State" sort of thing where they can sort of go super-saiyan on the passion of a goddess. Though as I read it, I was kind of upset. Kol isn't in the caverns, but hidden in the Darkness. As a result, he won't get hit with the upgrade aura, making him the last Dispassionate Acterian... Its kinda sad when you think about it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2017, 10:36:23 pm »

Wait really! Would I know that he is ic in the darkness? Becuase occly I didn't know that I fully intended for him to get the blessing as well! Would I have a good idea where he is becuases hes an acterian. becuase I fully want to make sure he gets the power up as well. he is near one of my streams! So he has to be on the isle!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:38 pm »

Its sort of hard to tell exactly. I interpreted it as him being trapped in the Darkness, but that his prison is actually in the caves. Sort of like he's trapped in a pocket dimension, but that pocket dimension is hidden somewhere in the caves. That may be one of those GM discretion sort of things.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »

Gm has said that he kept him sane of veralins tears. As such since it is my power my divinty I think I could maybe detect it will add in a bit about him being included.

Done. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:48:17 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2017, 10:57:29 pm »

...Um.

XD

That was awesome. Just... awesome. Good job, ATH. I'm serious. :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2017, 11:01:56 pm »

:D
I suppose that was a good way to potray a god of passion in her moment of true passion wasent it hehe. But yes I enjoyed writing it. I wrote it with passion and the ideas just whirred in my head. I was bouncing off my wall almost and I had a lot of ideas bouncing.

It was awesome. I just have to hope I worded it right to not have bad effects.

I just want this to be a bright spot I suppose for the acterians.

It felt godly which i really liked It made me feel as if I was really a god their which was awesome :3

But yes. Bow before the goddess of passion.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 14, 2017, 11:49:24 pm »

It looks good to me, thanks for adding in Kol. Honestly, given the cult of darkness and madness, Kol's leadership looks benevolent at this point.

This discussion has led me to go back over some of the recent events, and I think the case could be made that Lu (and thus Armiles) would have a pretty good idea of where Kol is imprisoned and wouldn't have to go blindly searching for him.

The main reason I think this is how he was imprisoned. Kol was trapped in darkness as he was striding through a cave. First this pretty much limits Armiles search to the general area in which Kol's clan lived. At the very least it limits it to the general territory belonging to that clan and the neighboring areas. That really shouldn't be that big of an area, especially for an unresting semidivine badass.

But wait there's more. Lu has been observing the Acterians since their creation. He hasn't left the Islands of Passion in all that time. Upon choosing Kol as his pawn, Lu's attention would have been on him. And he wouldn't have been distrated by the phopu, since they were created before Kol was imprisioned. As a result, Lu would have observed Kol's imprisonment directly and would know where that prison is. Only in the case that Kol is imprisoned in the exact moment when Lu was planting the Great Trees would he have not directly observed the imprisonment. Even so, he would have known where Kol was before that and would be able to narrow the search area by how far Kol could have traveled during the time it takes for a god to plant a tree.

So, my question is, can Lu not simply direct Armiles directly to the location of the prison?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2017, 03:44:45 am »

Well, that certainly was an outburst of Passion.

I fully expect that the Acterians will defy expectations, and that this time, the direct attention of a God will not drive them further into madness.

Ah, but seriously. You used an act to physically separate the two tribes of Acterians. But just a few posts earlier, I created the Shadowpaths, which link the dark depths together by means that bypass walls. Is it your intention that the Shadowpaths between them be sundered also, or are you banking on them not figuring out how to use them?

Also, you just made an official claim to being the Mother of Darkness, which, um, is blatantly untrue. Phalanalin created the Darkness. She understands that mortals make mistakes- she didn't like the mortals worshipping you for the creation of the Darkness, but she didn't consider it your fault. But she might have something to say about you directly claiming responsibility for her creation.

EDIT: Oh, right, Roboson. The way I see it, Kol is not just imprisoned in a dark cave somewhere. He is imprisoned in the Darkness. His literal physical location need not be the same as it was when he disappeared. Because, yeah, if it was just a question of narrowing down where he was when he got imprisoned, finding him would be fairly trivial.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:13:57 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2017, 05:38:45 am »

Okay i hate being the party pooper all the time, but i guess thats my job as GM...folks you definetly have the right amount of enthusiasm in your writing, but could you also put in the right amount of correct writing? You can write as epic as you want but its entire effect is lessend as all hell if your writing is barely readable in between the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Just give things a once or twice over, to make it easier for the reader to well, read. Also makes it easier for me as GM to figure out what you actually want to do. It happens to me too that in the throes of writing i abandon punctuation, spelling and grammar but still, you should at least try and keep it readable.

Next on the list, Kols imprisonment, obviously Armiles and Lu are able to find Kol eventually, but having them find him within one turn just doesn't make for various reasons. First game-mechanically NUKE needs time to react to you sending out folks to save Kol, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a gambit.
Secondly NUKE spent actions and power on it and it would be pretty shitty to just ignore that and go "jup your actions are invalid, the cavalry is here".
Third from a lorewise point: you are dealing with a Prison Shaped of Darkness, made by the God of Twisting Shadows, someone who relies on smoke and mirrors, on disguises, confusion and the use of unnatural darkness which never quite is what it should be. We are not talking about Kol being imprisoned in some dark cave, we are talking about Kol being imprisoned in the "YOU CANNOT PENETRATE ME"- Abyssal Darkness, which even Gods cannot penetrate easily. So yeah it will take time to find him, don't worry out of fairness Kol won't age while he is imprisoned.
That being said, the Darkness can only confuse Armiles for so long before she finds him. That is if nobody comes to stop her.

As for Varalin, claiming Mother of Darkness, well it might be untrue but who cares Phalanalin? There is Goddess A) who saves their asses on a constant basis and tries to make things better and suddenly just shifted the interior of the caves and there is God B) who...uh...did nothing so far that they noticed.

Also damnit Nuke you ninjaed me...or i didn't see that EDIT.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2017, 06:06:40 am »

Well, Phalanalin cares. And hopefully Ralkieis does too.
I mean, I'm not saying the action is invalid. Lying is a valid action. I do not object OOC. IC, Phalanalin is a bit miffed.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2017, 06:11:58 am »

Ralkieis will have something to say about that yes but I'll be pretty busy for the next good couple of hours so I'll post a response in a little while.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2017, 08:22:59 am »

Varalin mainly said the mother of darkness thing so they knew doubly sure it was who the acterians thought it was also caught up in the moment it sounded cool.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2017, 08:38:07 am »

Sure, I get that.

Phalanalin probably understands why you said it too.

She doesn't care, though. You are claiming her creation as your own. You are reinforcing a misunderstanding, in a moment of blind passion.

In fact, if you had been deliberately trying to cheat her, she might've been less upset.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:10 am »

Wasn't Phalanalin the one who was originally trying to steal the Acterians worship for her own, without actually doing anything for them but helping to sacrifice their puny lives to the darkness?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:59 am »

Wasn't Phalanalin the one who was originally trying to steal the Acterians worship for her own, without actually doing anything for them but helping to sacrifice their puny lives to the darkness?
Yes.

EDIT: Also, an approximation of Acter's reaction to the whole affair would be someone spitting out their drink, completely losing their shit laughing, and then just watching enthralled with the biggest f***ing grin plastered on their face.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:45:54 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52