Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34807 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2017, 09:35:45 am »

Wasn't Phalanalin the one who was originally trying to steal the Acterians worship for her own, without actually doing anything for them but helping to sacrifice their puny lives to the darkness?
Again with the darkness-disparagement. Seriously, what's wrong with darkness?
Anyway, yes. What's your point? At least I wasn't lying. And I've spent several posts explaining to Ralkieis that really, you should be thanking me for it.

((Also, Phalanalin is by no means above a little hypocrisy))
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2017, 09:38:55 am »

Phalanalin is by no means above a little hypocrisy
We've noticed. Quite clearly.

At least I wasn't lying.
You were taking credit for work you hadn't done. That is one of the many types of lying. Just because you don't say it outright does not mean that it's not still a lie.

And besides, you've said that liars are one of the groups you are the patron of.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 15, 2017, 09:59:24 am »

Noticed based on what? What hypocrisies, barring this latest one, has Phalanalin performed to your god's knowledge?

I remember trying to steal the rewards of others' work. I don't remember claiming responsibility for them.

Being the patron of cheaters does not make me a liar (or a cheater). Besides, like I said, if Varalin was deliberately trying to cheat her, Phalanalin would be less upset.

((Also, just to make sure, this is all in good fun, yeah? No one minds me being a bit of a dick?))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:09 am »

We could tell based on your character. It was more a "when" than an "if" as to hypocrisy occurring.

As for the other one... *shrug*.

But making a temple for the Acterians to pray to you at for things other gods did is claiming responsibility for those things.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 15, 2017, 10:54:31 am »

Glass where does Acter stand in the Kol gambit. Are you there to rescue Kol or to protect the Acterians or even to keep him imprisoned?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2017, 11:01:49 am »

Protect Acterians, save Kol, in that order.

EDIT: And the hypocrisy abounds on both sides it appears.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:06:52 am by Glass »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2017, 11:13:07 am »

I'm not sure its really fair to call Lu hypocritical. Uncaring and brutish, sure, but hypocritical, I dont see it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2017, 11:30:55 am »

Hey, alright. Here I was worried you were actually trying to play Lu as Good.

And, yeah, I wouldn't call Lu a hypocrite.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2017, 11:52:10 am »

Nah. He's not a good guy or a bad guy. In a lot of ways hes probably closer to bad than good, but that's more a result of him having a different moral dynamic. He's just not really into the good verses bad dichotomy.

For clarification purposes on Lu's role in the Acterian survival one could turn to page 7 of the OOC and read until NUKE makes a post. The IC action I did in relation to those posts is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165372.msg7552752#msg7552752

Also at some point I changed for a purple text to a redish text. No idea when that happened, didn't even realize I had done so until I went to fact check.

@Ghaz, wouldn't I be receiving worship from the Phopu now that their priest equivalents (as well as the climbers and all they have told) know of my existence and can see my actions? Or do they continue to worship the sun, despite knowing that I created it for them?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:18:45 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 15, 2017, 01:15:13 pm »

Pertinent double post.

To be clear NUKE, Lunisnt warning you not to involve yourself with the Phopu, he actually approves of your attempt to improve them. It's more of a warning of their capabilities. They are the first mortals who can see and comprehend the actions of gods through their own means (and without going insane).

This is also different from your temple in that you're actually improving them (instead of just claiming credit). So Lu doesn't really object to it as it is actually your actions and is beneficial.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2017, 01:17:24 pm »

Ah thats a missing line, somewhere in there you should get one Act thanks to the shamanistic worship and the pilgrimages.

AS for Nuke FYI: Why would tree people need construction? And why would they need writing? And/or irrigation?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 15, 2017, 01:24:37 pm »

Well, the irrigation should speak for itself. They can support larger copses around sources of water that way.
The writing, well, everyone can use writing. The wisdom of the Holy Ones can be recorded and spread across the world. Or something. Seriously, if they can't find a use for writing, they're useless regardless.
Construction is the sketchiest of the three, but, you know, I wasn't going to grant them just two revelations- three is a much more elegant number. Obviously they have no desire to build houses. But I did provide an example of a construction they could use in the actual post- ramps and suchlike ascending the Great Trees. That, and it's sort of a prerequisite to many other technologies. And if they were feeling especially inspired, they could build monuments in honour of the gods, right?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:20 pm »

Okay fine i buy the construction, but im telling you they have no great use for irrigation and writing just yet. Writing historically became only a thing when large state-centralized agriculture became a thing and someone needed to tally everything. So they made pictures of stuff, at some point they simpled them down to make tallying easier and eventually at some point someone used the tally marks as words and concepts in written language, long story short, those tree folk have nothing they need to keep track of, all the knowledge they have they can comfortably keep in their heads (or equivalents thereof), for now.

As for irrigation their population won't need that for at least...oh three turns more. Especially since large swathes of the populace stay nomadic.

Just wanted to point those things out. If you give them the knowledge thats fine and all, and they will in all probability be grateful but don't expect them to use the knowledge to extensively for a long while, nor falling to their roots in abject worship to you.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 15, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »

:/

Okay. Fine. I retract my action. Good job.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 15, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »

I don't think its something that should be retracted, hes just point out that they're slower to develop than other races. I think that having those laying around in their heads is fine, and they may use them a bit, but their civilization is just in its infancy and will need them later when its developed/ing.

Also it may be one of the only times where Lu and Phanalin are on the same side, which makes it unique and interesting at the least.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52