Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34711 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 08:53:38 am »

Well the way I see it you could treat "the cursed and the damned" as one sphere they're similar enough as to be nearly no different.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 09:23:06 am »

Don't worry the impact is merely on an RP scale not on an actual gameplay advantage.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 11:01:53 am »

Hey, Roboson, when you say the darkness is your domain, that's bluster, right? Cos the darkness is my domain. Like, it's going to take more than a single sun to find me.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 11:21:32 am »

Don't worry the impact is merely on an RP scale not on an actual gameplay advantage.

All good then.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

Well... not entirely bluster. Lu believes you can hide in the dark, but that you can't hold it. As a result, he being him, claims it as his domain.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:33 pm »

In other words, the point is that Lu is arrogant.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 01:23:54 pm »

In other words, the point is that Lu is arrogant.

Well... that's not exactly it either. Lu feels as though he has been wronged (thus chases the wisdom god). But more importantly than that, he feels as though the darkness is a place where the strong reside. If that is the case, then it only follows that this place should belong to him.

Edit: It really comes down as to what this darkness truly counts as. If it is all darkness (so like the darkness of night on a future world), then it is thematically something Lu would want. If its space void magic darkness, then Lu would be less interested.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:38:36 pm by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »

It is not just regular darkness, though regular darkness is a subset of it. For one thing, it absorbs light, so that far enough away from your sun, you cannot see it, not even as a pinprick of light, not even with the most powerful telescope. For another, it dulls not only light, but all senses.
But as mentioned, it is also regular darkness. It is the reason why things that are not illuminated will be dark on hypothetical future world, though that sort of darkness will be but a pale imitation of that which exists out in the void. I think it might (with the appropriate acts down the line) provide a source of power for mortals, who might for example be able to step into one shadow and emerge from another, since all darkness is connected.
I'd also say that as my creation, it exists to hide me, meaning that even if you travelled the entire universe- somehow managing to orient yourself with no senses available to you- you still would not be guaranteed to find me. It is, in short, the ultimate hiding place. If you want to get at me, you'll need to lure me out- which will be possible, as I don't intend to just sit in the dark for the entire game.

It is the product of a Great Act, so its power is substantial. I might use it for various things later on- if someone wants to use it for something, ask me, but I'll probably be fine with whatever.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 02:24:28 pm »

Now wait a second. If it dulls all senses, then there is no way you'd be able to tell where I was. So you couldn't move to avoid me preemptively. Unless you are immune to the effects of it??

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2017, 03:02:07 pm »

I'm not immune to the effects. But the darkness itself exists to hide me, and will, like, bend space and time to make it happen.
...eh, maybe that's a bit much.
Alright. Given an eternity of searching, you will inevitably stumble across me at some point. But the universe is vast, so the chance of that happening before reality crumbles back into the aether is slim.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2017, 03:05:23 pm »

Are we limited to one Act per turn?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2017, 03:06:46 pm »

No sir, you can save twenty of them and use them all at once.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2017, 03:07:29 pm »

Could I have gotten more out of that act than just the sun? Like a planet to go with it? Or is that another act in itself.

Edit: The reason I ask is because if my enemy has used their great act to make a power source, I don't really want to use mine to create a battlefield that I will lose on.

Eh, what the heck. Editing my action.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:47:41 pm by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 04:54:49 pm »

Madman, you should note that Roboson changed his action- there are now three suns, each with their attendant solar systems, and one with a planet in the goldilocks zone.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »

Holy what now?

Is there even a point to this now? We'll never have a war if everyone can just whip up their own solar systems on demand.

But anyway, minor modifications are in order.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52