Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34692 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 11:07:21 am »

Name of your God: Tartin
Starting Position: Consort
Sphere: Adversity
House: First
Description of your God: For true strength to emerge, in needs to be tried and tested. Tartin was one of the first servants of Lu, after being challenged and beaten by him. He is the struggle, the challenge, the creeping death that drives all things onward and in that, either find the strength to defeat him or to be overcome.
Appearance: Assumes many appearances, though he favors a bull headed warrior wielding a large axe.

I'll go for a consort, if Roboson is cool with that.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 11:23:51 am »

Name of your God: Tartin
Starting Position: Consort
House: First
Description of your God: For true strength to emerge, in needs to be tried and tested. Tartin was one of the first servants of Lu, after being challenged and beaten by him. He is the struggle, the challenge, the creeping death that drives all things onward and in that, either find the strength to defeat him or to be overcome.
Appearance: Assumes many appearances, though he favors a bull headed warrior wielding a large axe.

I'll go for a consort, if Roboson is cool with that.

Am I down for an animal headed divine power couple? You bet I am!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:51 am »

At some point, I will play chess with you.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »

Could a god have multiple consorts?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »

As it stands however, only ever two Gods can exist in one House. The King/Queen and his or her consort.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 12:32:00 pm »

I'm interested, though I need to read through the rules again, try and actually understand them, before I decide whether or not to play.

But regardless, I'm leaving this PTW, because if there ever IS a chess showdown between Glass and C2, I want to read about it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 02:14:54 pm »

chubby 2 man is in and with that we have 5 players, if we can get at least one more consort in and maybe 1 more ruler we can begin.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 02:39:34 pm »

Name of Your God: Tulospera
Starting Position: Consort (of Ralkieis)
Sphere: The Cursed, The Damned, and The Worthy
House: Elder (of House Ralkiseis)
Description of your God:
>Master_SYS_STAT: OFFLINE
>Origin_SYS: OFFLINE
>Composition_SELF: HEAVY CORRUPTION. White-gold halls and Shattered souls; gone with Mother-Mother.
>Composition_ID: MODERATE CORRUPTION. Why serve a purpose long-gone? Why while away obeying the code of a god dead and a god fled?
>Composition_EGO: MODERATE CORRUPTION. Eternity whiled away in the service of another; a dead-man's wish best forgotten. New goals required by a being as I.
>Composition_SUPEREGO: HEAVY CORRUPTION. What matters the pain of flesh and mind and soul, if the end-goal is most Worthy?
>Decision: REACHED
>OBJECTIVE: Improve, Advance, Educate. Continue Mother-Mother's Ideal, with better structuring.

The Tulospera is a gargantuan (metaphysically) divino-mechanical construct forged in ages past by mad gods for reasons unknown. While once gleaming and radiant in golds and silvers, the majestic vessel is now a rotting corpse of a machine, darkened and rusted by the passage of time. Where vessels of men and beast would simply disappear into the ether, the Tulospera instead, rotted into the Abyss itself. From the reaction between the mechanical refuse and the primordial dark. a stirring thought formed and in the eons of time that passed, it grew into a mind, a mind that remembered its purpose and how it failed.

It would not fail again.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 02:42:24 pm »

Name of Your God: Tulospera
Starting Position: Consort (of Ralkieis)
Sphere: The Cursed, The Damned, and The Worthy
House: Elder (of House Ralkiseis)
Description of your God:
>Master_SYS_STAT: OFFLINE
>Origin_SYS: OFFLINE
>Composition_SELF: HEAVY CORRUPTION. White-gold halls and Shattered souls; gone with Mother-Mother.
>Composition_ID: MODERATE CORRUPTION. Why serve a purpose long-gone? Why while away obeying the code of a god dead and a god fled?
>Composition_EGO: MODERATE CORRUPTION. Eternity whiled away in the service of another; a dead-man's wish best forgotten. New goals required by a being as I.
>Composition_SUPEREGO: HEAVY CORRUPTION. What matters the pain of flesh and mind and soul, if the end-goal is most Worthy?
>Decision: REACHED
>OBJECTIVE: Improve, Advance, Educate. Continue Mother-Mother's Ideal, with better structuring.

The Tulospera is a gargantuan (metaphysically) divino-mechanical construct forged in ages past by mad gods for reasons unknown. While once gleaming and radiant in golds and silvers, the majestic vessel is now a rotting corpse of a machine, darkened and rusted by the passage of time. Where vessels of men and beast would simply disappear into the ether, the Tulospera instead, rotted into the Abyss itself. From the reaction between the mechanical refuse and the primordial dark. a stirring thought formed and in the eons of time that passed, it grew into a mind, a mind that remembered its purpose and how it failed.

It would not fail again.
I will be playing a game of chess against you, as well.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 02:51:56 pm »

definetly in micelus, heh i like that the sphere of learning has returned ^^ although it is a different universe than the one in which the first and third pantheon were.

EDIT: nevermind, misread the text :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:53:27 pm by Ghazkull »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »

I welcome you to my house Tulospera! Let us together spread madness and enlightenment. For after all, they are the same thing.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2017, 03:08:49 pm »

You want another ruler?

Hmmm...

This looks interesting, but could you walk through a (Short) example of a Gambit? I want to be certain of my knowledge before starting this.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2017, 03:10:51 pm »

You could be like me and do all in your power to avoid a Gambit.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 04:20:13 pm »

Okay lets say our God of Strength and our God of Wisdom decide that the people of troglodytes is something they want to be worshipped by. Now because both are not happy with either of the other having any sway about their chosen subjects they both move in simultaneously with actions to make these people theirs. Thus we have the backdrop of the Gambit.

Now the God of Wisdom had so far saved his cards and has now 5 on hand. King of Wisdom (his own card), Magi of Truth, Coin, Weaver of Wisdom and Scepter.
The God of Strength was in various other scrapes and thus is a bit behind and only has three cards. Salvation, Knight of Strength and Herald of Science.

King of Wisdom would in this case be the God of Wisdoms own character, if he plays it he deploys himself into the field. That comes with considerable danger. If Nuke (the player of the God of Wisdom) decides that he will play King of Wisdom openly, his Character basically appears in full godly divine splendour in the village laying claim. This would escalate things to the max immediately. Obviously we are in the opening stages of the Gambit and he doesn't know what Roboson our God of Strength has on his hand.

He also has one Unbound Card: Magi of Truth. Now the Magi of Truth would be some creation of Jerick (the player of the god of truth), lets assume for this moment, it would be Nyarthep, A former God King of another tribe of Troglodytes who has sworn himself to JEricks God in exchange for immeasurable power and eternal life. Now This Magi would at the moment be completely useless. He is unbound and thus neither beholden to the Will of the God of Truth nor the God of Wisdom and certainly not the God of Strength at the moment. In Short the God of Truth is simply currently beyond caring whats happening here, and the other two have no Control over the Being. However Nuke also has Scepter. Scepter would allow him to "take control" of Nyarthep. In other words, Nyarthep might make a deal with The God of Wisdom fro more power, or me might decide out of his own volition that having the God of Wisdom in the neighbouring village is better than the God of "I am Going to war with you sooner or later". In any case Nuke could play scepter, or he could not play it. He could also wait and play Magi of Truth concealed. In which case Nyarthep would act in the gambit not in his power as god king over the neighbouring Troglodytes, but he would show up disguised as someone else, trying to stay undetected for various reasons.

Then we have Coin. Now that card might be intensely useful for The God of Wisdom. Since the House of Strength is the First House, each and everyone of its cards is usually stronger than any of those of House Wisdom. So to Defeat a Hound of House Strength he would need a Knight! to defeat a Magi he would need a Consort and for the Knight he would need to attack himself. That is of course rather unfavorable. Instead he could play Coin. He could play it concealed and just randomize each and every encounter...which is to random for him momentarily. He could instead attach it to his Weaver card to make it possible for a Weaver even to injure or defeat even a Ruler. He could also attach Coin to some random schmuck, turning him into a very, very dangerous Unbound Wildcard.

For now however he plays Weaver of Wisdom. Weaver is one of the lowest Cards strength-wise but can be attached to pretty high ranking persons among the mortals. He plays Weaver concealed on the Chieftain of the Troglodytes, who now aware of the struggle begins backroom deals with other Troglodyte personas to bring his tribe to worship The God of Wisdom.

Meanwhile the God of Strength is in a pickle. Playing His Knight is dangerous and a huge kind of escalation. Basically it would put down his Champion into the Village who would personally waltz into the Troglodyte village. While he likes shows of strength he doesnt know either what the God of wisdom has on his hand. He doesn't want to abandon the Troglodytes just yet so he decides to play Herald of Science on the Medicine Man of the Tribe. For nowthe God of Strength can do no more and they turn their eyes to other matters.

Next turns things have progressed, the Tribe is more in favor of the God of Wisdom now and it seems that is mostly among the Nobility. Simultaneously the Medicineman rails against both the God of Strength and the God of Wisdom.
Meanwhile Nuke has drawn another Card: Soldier of Strength, while Roboson has drawn Crown. Nuke decides to play several cards: He plays Magi of Truth and Scepter. He plays the Magi of Truth concealed and orders Nyarthep to do a Deck of Dragon reading. Since as a Magi he is relatively powerful his reading will also be more revealing...however it has also a stronger chance of attracting folks.
His reading proves however to be too weak or inaccurate this time. The Reading is presented to Nuke as such:
The King of Wisdom prominent, the King of Strength in decline.

That isn't very Helpful at all beyond the thing the fact that the House of Wisdom might currently be stronger in the field. However the reading was so powerful that Roboson notices that an Unbound Magi has made a reading. Now he doesn't know that the Magi is under the Control of the House of Wisdom, he only knows that that Unbound dude has made a reading (unbound cards might make readingsthemselves  from time to time without input from players) so he decides to seize the moment and use Crown on the Herald of Science to compell him to bring in the Magi on his side. Sadly scepter is stronger than both crown and Heralds compelling powers, thus the action fails. But the damage is done, Nyarthep is now revealed. On order of Nuke he engages him in conflict and since The God of Strength can do not much about it (he could play his Knight of Strength and attack the Magi of Truth, but that would mean that he has openly attacked the House of Truth, A) dragging them immediately into the Gambit and B) trying to kill that pawn of House Truth would mean they would be opposed to him) so he waits the result out. Since the Herald is Low Profile, he is beyond the Concerns of his House for the Moment and thus the God of Science can or will not intervene. The Medicine Man is slain by Nyarthep and the God of Strength decides that this outcome is actually fine and plays Salvation. Ending the Gambit. For now this act of Murder is seen as an Act of War and praying to the God of Wisdom the Chieftain of the Troglodyte Clan declares war on Nyartheps kingdom.

Now depending on the Actions of the God of Truth and the God of Wisdom this might actually lead to a gambit between the two of THEM, since they might want to interfere in this war between mortals. But for Now The God of Wisdom has won his gambit, gaining more worshippers and more power.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 04:31:21 pm »

Hmm. That... sort of makes sense.
Note that the King of Wisdom is in fact the Queen of Wisdom, though.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52