Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34699 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 04:50:15 pm »

Interesting. Count me in, I'll be back to screw things up later.

Sorry for the delay, it's going to be somewhere around an hour, I suspect, before I can make a character sheet.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 05:32:23 pm »

Hmmmm now that is an annoying situation...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So do I just ask if anyone would like me as their consort?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:11:09 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 06:32:41 pm »

Raring to do something to go into it and not stop till they have perfected it.
Sounds like Improvement. Wanna sign on with me?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 06:37:37 pm »

Well, I did get back on time, but my creativity got left somewhere back around lunchtime. I'm going to go eat dinner now.

Name of your God: Cerediron
Starting Position: King of the House of Making
Sphere: Creation
House: Elder
Description of your God: Cerediron, the Maker, the Creator, sometimes also referred to as the Worldshaper. While the First Houses brood on strength and think about everything, he will do. Where the First Houses merely consider, he will act. For his part is to create, and to shape, and to build.
Appearance: Sometimes a burly smith, sometimes a gardener, sometimes a builder. Always with tools, and always at work. His depictions, however, all show him as having a joyous expression and a generous amount of sweat, for he finds joy in work, and inspires others to do the same.

Rough draft above. Any issues?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:11 pm »

I wouldn't mind though if I'm correct. I won't appear until the second turn since I'm one of the Younger. Though I think it would make sense for me to arise from something like you or a civilization that worships you. Ye okay with that.

Also, I'm willing to listen to all offers. I am also fine with being unbound or something and having my favour and loyalty brought to someone through shrewd diplomacy or other means ic.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »

So do have an estimate on when this game will start? I know we were waiting on one other slot to be filled, but there have been a few submissions since then.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 03:37:05 am »

Madman you are in. And with him we have enough players, Introductory Post will be made soon.

Now then, Abstract, Honor and Passion doesn't seem like two Spheres which fit together at all. I let the two Spheres (or even three) slip through before because it made sense in the concept presented by the various players (The Tutlospera being a damaged god-machine and thus not entirely coherent of its purpose; and the God of Truth and Madness, showing people knowledge and fundamental truths about the universe in exchange for their sanity), yours however, seems awfully stitched together just so you can have a God of Honor and a God of Passion in one persona.
While your god is the epithome of his sphere it doesn't mean he is a comical caricature...which this one seems to be.
So your character is vetoed for now until its a more coherent personage.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 06:35:55 am »

If I may presume to intrude upon your character, ATH, may I suggest changing up your spheres to Perseverance and Devotion? That is, you would be the embodiment of the feeling that makes people devote themselves to a cause or path, and gives them the inner strength to stay with that path no matter what.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2017, 06:38:23 am »

If I may presume to intrude upon your character, ATH, may I suggest changing up your spheres to Perseverance and Devotion? That is, you would be the embodiment of the feeling that makes people devote themselves to a cause or path, and gives them the inner strength to stay with that path no matter what.
That does sound interesting I edited my character as well and made them a god of passion solely. I would like some feedback but I would take your idea into consideration.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 07:03:17 am »

Alright. What's the approximate power level of an act, might act, and great act?

Regardless, I think I'll have to wait for Roboson or Madman to start things off by creating the first stuff. Phalanalin is not one to act first if she can help it.

EDIT: Also, can we trade cards?

EDIT 2: Actually, I think I thunk of an action to take first, before anyone else does anything. Let there be darkness.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:38:48 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2017, 07:10:49 am »

Spheres are merely descriptive, right? It would be terribly unfair of me having three spwhres actually resulted in an advantage.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 08:14:25 am »

Spheres usually are descriptive though they can have an ingame impact.

Also goddamnit forgot to change mighty acts to great acts...apologies.

Ahem anyway
Acts represent your Divine Power. They came in various variations and determine how much "Essence" your God has at hand to use to create or destroy stuff.

Minor Acts

A Minor Act is something already well beyond Mortal reach, it is to put it into perspective the power to influence an entire nation. It is the Power to teach Nations Technology, to mutate an entire species, the power to rise a single mountain  or to create a single powerful being.

Acts

The Act is the standard measurement of Power for a God. A single act lets one raise continents, change entire countries, create species, demigods, monsters and a myriad more things. A Normal God usually gets 1 to 3 Acts per turn to do with as he pleases.

Great Acts

The Act of creating a World, an Afterlife, a Realm beyond the Mortal World, weapons of great destruction and artifacts of great power. The Power to change the face of a planet and to imprison another god. Great Acts are not easy to come by and it requires great amounts of energy,prayer, sacrifice or similiar things to get enough of them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 08:19:39 am »

Hey, Ghaz, when you make the next turn, I'd like you to incorporate the phrase "there was room for improvement" into my introduction.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 08:50:16 am »

In-game impact? Err, does this give me an advantage or disadvantage? If so, I'm reducing my spheres to make it more fair.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52