Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8627 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2017, 03:55:23 am »

"Again, why do you care? If this Café isn't going to change anything, why should we bother vacating it? No, I don't think you believe even your own words."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2017, 04:04:01 am »

"'Oh, boo hoo, we don't like the Uriah so we're going to throw a big old hissy fit and stamp our feet at you'. Sound familiar?"
Black lives matter.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2017, 04:18:55 am »

"If you "Kill all humanity" are you really better than you say they are?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2017, 04:19:50 am »

"Again, why do you care? If this Café isn't going to change anything, why should we bother vacating it? No, I don't think you believe even your own words."
"I just personally don't want y'all to be on Earth when the big apocalypse hits! Aren't we magnaminous?" Haruki laughs, blinking off to the side.
"'Oh, boo hoo, we don't like the Uriah so we're going to throw a big old hissy fit and stamp our feet at you'. Sound familiar?"
"You've literally been the only one who's just insulted me without bringing up any even remotely good points. Everyone's brought some form of opinion on the table and you've just sat there slinging shit at me and, I don't know, do you even expect me to react in any way other than more useless snark? We could take a walk out back and compare polearm sizes if this is all you're gonna do for the rest of the time I'm here."
"If you "Kill all humanity" are you really better than you say they are?"
"Well, in that scenario we would have succeeded in our genocide." He winks.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2017, 04:22:15 am »

"Hatred leads to hatred, when you have killed the humans, that mentality will just cause the different monsters that make up your group to turn on eachother" Tintaglia's nostrils are smoking, she is visibly and obviously enraged and trying to conceal it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2017, 04:42:25 am »

"Indeed, another important question is 'and then what?' Let's say you succeed and murder billions of humans, leading to the deaths of billions more monsters who are dependent on them, benevolent and malevolent alike. Would you lay down your arms and live happily ever after over that mountain of corpses?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2017, 04:49:50 am »

"All right, all right, that's fair. You want to know what I think?

I think you're wrong. You and your buddies back at Phosphor. You come here, grinning like a s jack-o-lantern, standing all high and mighty while you preach at us that nothing's changed. But you seem to have missed the fact that you're standing in a monument to change. Three hundred years ago this place wouldn't have existed. It'd have been nothing more than a fairy tale. Humans and monsters, living together peacefully? Ridiculous!

Except... that's what's happening, right now. The very fact that any of us are standing here, in this building, having this conversation tells you things are changing. Sure, maybe not quite as fast as they should be, or could be. But they are. Hell, I'm half demon! I'm the great-great-whatever-grandson of the big man himself, Lucifer! And our good friend Nyrrh over here, no offense intended, hasn't shot me dead yet.

And, now, I don't really know how old you are, but I've lived long enough to watch racism slowly disappear in our good United States. Maybe not as fast as it should be, or could be. But it is. You see a black man and a white woman kiss in public, maybe only one in ten people is going to say anything about it. Sure, it's one in ten - but that's a lot better than every man, person and child lynching him on the spot for it.

I know how you feel, though. It would be pretty nice to go out in public in my demon form and not be screamed at, or shot at, or called a freak and a monster. But the thing about that is you can't just force it like this. Terrorism doesn't do anything for your message; people comply with you demands so they aren't killed, not because they had a sudden change of heart. The only thing you and Phosphor are doing right now is reinforcing humanity's point - that maybe we are just monsters. I definitely know which side of the line you're standing on, Hibito.

...You know, really, I wasn't too interested in being a representative at first. Just felt like it would be a lot of sitting around and talking. I was tight, of course, because it's proven to be a lot of sitting around and talking, but I realize now how important it is. Because this sitting around and talking is how I can get through to people like you, who refuse to be patient. Killing all of humanity? You're sick. There are billions of people on this planet who haven't done a single thing to you. Not one. Are you seriously prepared to stain your hands with that much blood, just to be treated equal?"
Black lives matter.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2017, 04:57:32 am »

Leena seems very pleased about Felix' speech, though she doesn't say anything. She'd rather wait for Haruki's response than distract from it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2017, 08:04:48 am »

Dex also remains silent.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2017, 07:44:07 pm »

Haruki's face scrunches up for a bit, eyelids shooting up. Or, well, down, considering his pose. He crosses his arms openly, hanging onto his polearm just with the weight of his legs. It's not even leaning against anything.

"I see what's going on here. You really thing the Uriah are going to progress further without something more concrete than coffeshop talk to push them along. Felix, the reason mister four-eyed blondie over there hasn't shot you yet is because of the Winchester Affair. You know, the violent war that caused the Uriah more damage than they have ever sustained before, resulting in the creation of several Typhonist fringe groups that forced them to change their philosophy in order to continue to maintain any form of influence for years to come?"

"But whatever. You don't want to acknowledge that because 'oooh they made a nice building where you could come in and get 50% off on kosher barbecues during Sundays'."
Myrrh makes an aside glance at the menu and sweats.

"Well, how about this? All you guys know that the Ignus Fatuus are the weakest of spirits, right? It says right there on the back of the menus. Well, how would you imagine someone like me would be able to confound even kid of Satan, the heir of the Uriah, and whatever other titles you'd like to be called by?"

"They've been hiding a power from you all. Keeping it to themselves. Scared of what will happen if the monsters found out their secret, of holding the very strength that banished them away so long ago. In the ancient times we called it a power granted from heaven. We called in Thaumaturgy. But that was a misunderstanding. What the Pontifex had, what he used to almost singlehandedly massacre the entire monster populace, was entirely different."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:53 pm »

Felix glances at Myrrh, more than once, but doesn't say anything to him.

"Well, you may be right about the Winchester Affair. I know I would give them at least as much hell if anything like that happened again... But I've got bigger problems right now.

Like your plan. The one about exterminating humanity. You never answered my question."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:27 am »

"I'm willing to kill, and I'm willing to die," Haruki stretches his arms out, groaning with the exertion. "Everyone in the Phosphor is. But you don't have to take it from me. I can see you wanting to exorcise me, Myrrh." He points at the human, arms crossed behind his back, glasses glinting dangerously as he continues to be silent. "But if you kill me, you lose a valuable source of info. You also lose that moral high-ground you seem so dead-set on maintaining. After all, as justified it would seem to eliminate a Phosphor agent that's running around spouting """total bullshit""", so early into the café's lifetime? It would cause more than a little bit of chaos in a populace so eagerly wishing nothing would go wrong in your big bold diplomacy circlejerk center, wouldn't it?"

"And you know us spirits. A lot easier to kill than capture, eh? Or should I be politically correct and say 'exorcise'?"

The young man, so stoic and calm yesterday, seems ready to burst. He manages to continue his apparent vow of silence, however.

"But back to Felix. You may not agree with our methods, but that doesn't mean you have to shoot down our philosophy. They've been hiding shit from you guys. They've been hiding stories of you guys' less prominent ancestors. They've been hiding Greater Thaumaturgy online in a desperate effort to keep portal spells under lock. They've been hiding disappearances, corruption, racism. They've been hiding an entirely separate school of magic so hard that even THEY don't know what an Ignus Fatuus could do with it." He giggles again. "I'm referring to myself, if that wasn't obvious."
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2017, 03:05:58 am »

"You're really one to talk about morals, you know. A thinly-veiled threat, and a promise to kill off every human alive? I'm still questioning why I haven't beaten you it of here myself.

And I know. Believe me, I know what they're trying to hide. It's not right, and Myrrh and I are going to have a nice, long chat about it just as soon as you decide to leave,"
he says, looking at the boy in question. It's a command, not a statement.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you and the rest of Phosphor are a bunch of outdated, egotistic crazies."
Black lives matter.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2017, 03:59:32 am »

Leena sighs.

"Fine. If you're willing to talk, I'm willing to listen rather than argue with a wall. Go ahead and tell all these secrets about a mysterious school of magic, I know you're expecting someone to ask about it. That is, if you're not willing to face how self-defeating your way of thinking is."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2017, 04:44:49 am »

Tintaglia, managing to calm herself down a bit says.

"Yes, hidden information is something I know I will be talking about with mister Uriah over there. But your means are self defeating, as easy as it would be for me to revert to a predatory mind set."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15