Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8622 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:03:54 pm »

There's a street in Los Angeles, off to the corner of the city as if it had been pushed out from the center.

Depending on which way you run down the block, to your left could be three quiet buildings, sitting there happily as if they were always meant to be there.

A humble candy shop, specializing in chewing gum. A quaint café, seemingly always full. And finally, the strangest of the bunch, an odd store that sells useless knick knacks like balls of glass, folk talismans and other items of superstition.

Nothing ever seems to happen on this street, except for the occasional sounds of partying and mirth.

You all arrive in a part of the Café's lobby room. It's larger on the inside, of course. The room is sparsely yet elegantly furnished, with a single leather couch to the side, three different kinds of potted plant in the corners, and a rather thematic replica of The Last Supper hanging from the rightmost wall. Seems they love their Jesus in this place. You're also immediately confronted with the smooth sounds of bossa nova. There doesn't seem to be any speakers around, however. Must be magic.

Behind you, portals back to your respective locations in the underworld swirl, before fizzling out a moment later. You see what must be members of the staff, clad in suit and hood, tending to the Thaumaturgic Greater Trans-Dimensionalizers that held your gateways open a moment before.

Two more staff appear, holding the doors into the dining area proper. "At your leisure," they say with practiced unison. Despite the attempts for concealing their identites it's pretty obvious they're both male humans.

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:44:04 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:40 pm »

"My, they're really employing humans in this place?" asks an elegantly dressed Italian man(?), who examines the two with a strange look in his eye. "Looks like my work's already being done for me. Very nice. Thank you, gentlemen - I doubt we'll be seeing each other again soon, unless I have to leave ahead of schedule," he says, and chuckles to himself.

He strides confidently through the doors without a backwards glance and takes in Bifröst Café proper.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 11:33:28 pm »

>It is with pleasure that I greet you, fellow emissaries.

>Query: Is the disguise of the staff truly necessary?  It is not as if, if something happened, that these interactions could possibly escape notice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 12:05:09 am »

Actually, in fact, the man does quite a skillful spin on his heel, strides back in front of the little telerobot, bends forward and stares them(?) in their(?) face(?).

"And yet, so consumed with this pleasure, you forget your introduction! I'll give an example - I'm Zl̸b̛n̡q ͝Ḩm̀gt͢pnj҉n̕pi͡" - here he devolves into some sort of nearly unintelligible, hissing tongue, before immediately switching back to fluent English - "but you may call me Felix Tarquin. Heavens know that's easier to pronounce - or maybe they don't?" A little laugh, and then he continues.

"Now, fellow emissary, this is the part where you give me your name in exchange. Sound fair?"
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 01:40:59 am »

>It is with pleasure that I greet you, fellow emissaries.

>Query: Is the disguise of the staff truly necessary?  It is not as if, if something happened, that these interactions could possibly escape notice.

"It is to emulate a feeling of both anonymity and equality within the staff," they pause for a second, "sir."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 02:03:59 am »

A tiny bird lands and roosts where-ever she can to be at eye level with the others. Her voice is deeper than you might expect, but still pretty high-toned.

"Good evening. I'm Leena Tammi, known as the Messenger of Souls, representing the sielulinnut. I'd shake hands, but, well... Either way, I look forward to working with you."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 02:18:54 am »

The members of the staff working on the magical machinery seem to have all finished up. They walk, single file, back into the café's main dining area. The two members holding the door open chime up once again. "We currently have three of our six esteemed representatives having situated themselves after the portal trip. All may explore the café at their leisure, though we suggest greeting our official manager and human representative, Myrrh Uriah."
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:36:46 am »

A sapphire blue dragon walks in

"Well, this place looks nicely appointed, are we supposed to stay here or do we commute?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 02:51:55 am »

"You are expected to stay semi-permanently, with periodic visits to the Underworld, of course, being possible."
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 02:53:04 am »

"Well I left some things behind I should have brought, I'll deal with it tomorrow"

Tintaglia heads towards the dining room
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 03:58:54 am »

Melie's body was bruised all over, courtesy of his father suggesting a crash course in self-defense. Mama, of course, objected, as the emissary showing up bruised and out of sorts may reflect poorly upon their people. But that was a moot point because his formal robes concealed most of his body. (Well, there might be problems when he changes to something more comfortable) Not to mention, his opportunity to impress his father were few and far between these days. It was a good day of practice and the older berserker seemed happy that his son could hold his own in a fight (that wasn't much of a surprise, though Melie supposed that being one of the first to get knocked out in melees all the time may have suggested otherwise)

He hoped that his careful movement had been interpreted as grace and formality rather than him being in pain all over. Melie supposed that he should not delay in introducing himself. He often refrained from doing so in a Moot, because either people already knew each other or they would have trouble remembering faces. There was no danger of that here, he would imagine.

"Greetings! I am Melie of the Bjorning clan, Four Times master of the Berserker Tournament, and Emissary to the Adherents of the Father Bear, Odin!"

Melie cringed a little at his own flamboyant introduction, but he was here to show the berserkers' support, so he might as well act like one.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 04:08:21 am »

Leena's eyes light up as she hears Melie introduce himself.

"Ah, honored dewpaw! I feel like home already."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 04:51:21 am »

"Oh, we are being formal now?" Tintaglia Sighs

"Hail, I am Tintaglia Fentesdottir, from the southern slopes, true descendant of, Tintaglia pauses for a moment "Nidhogg. Official draconic emissary to the other dwellers and the Humans"

Tintaglia looks a little relieved after finishing introduction.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:48:53 am by wolfchild »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 05:07:35 am »

Domina strolls in, her sandals clicking against the floor. She chuckles at the Felix's display, and puts on a pitying face. Somehow she seems to be looking down at him while also being much much shorter than him.

"Oh, so clever, aren't we? Awww, you are just the cutest little thing. Anyone with half an understanding of demonology could hear that name, but I'll entertain your little notion and settle for Felix."

She approaches him, her posture growing more confident with each step.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, Felix", her voice dripping with sarcasm, "You seem like quite the 'intimidating' man. What a great fun it will be to show you your place... Oh, but I am getting ahead of myself. My name is Domina, but you may call me Mistress if you so wish."

She chuckles, turning her heel to him and proceeding further into the cafe. Seeing the others, she scoffs, and takes a seat on the leather couch. She seems to already have made herself at home.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:10:25 am by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 05:11:03 am »

"Ohh we are gonna clash" Tintaglia mutters as she sits herself down on a couch, she takes up the whole thing.  She takes out a book from the satchel she is wearing and starts to read
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:12:33 am by wolfchild »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15