Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8645 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2017, 11:01:24 pm »

"Doublecrosser," Haruki says, and the lights flicker out for a second as Felix realizes he still remains firmly human. The bossa nova tunes in the café also come to a sudden stop, the spirit idly flipping a coin in his left hand.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2017, 11:02:39 pm »

"...Hm. What an interesting development! Myrrh, could you possibly explain yourself to me, if you'd be so kind?"
Black lives matter.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2017, 11:04:14 pm »

Domina stands up, growling now.

"At least I'm not tryin' to screw over the entirety of monsterkind anymore! You gotta wake up from this fuckin' dream sometime, Haruki. They all do. We did. And when you do, you'll regret this. You'll wish you'd stopped sooner. This isn't the way that we should go down in history."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2017, 11:11:10 pm »

Domina stands up, growling now.

"At least I'm not tryin' to screw over the entirety of monsterkind anymore! You gotta wake up from this fuckin' dream sometime, Haruki. They all do. We did. And when you do, you'll regret this. You'll wish you'd stopped sooner. This isn't the way that we should go down in history."
"Uh huh. You'd trust a group of sad old men who only care about their own image to take monsterkind to the future. I mean, the humans don't even trust their own KIND to know about monsters! And you're all accepting of that because it's got a fancy title like 'the Masquerade'."
"...Hm. What an interesting development! Myrrh, could you possibly explain yourself to me, if you'd be so kind?"
"A... a magical nullifier." The human wipes his brow. "He has a magical nullifier. The only kind of thaumaturgy that nullifies other types of magic is... holy thaumaturgy."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »

Domina slams her paws into the table below, making it shake.

"Yeah! Because I'd trust them in a second over the same monsters who would sacrifice lives of both humans, and their own, just to further the cause! There are ways to change this world, that don't need lives to be lost. Frankly? I don't trust these guys either. I'm on edge. But I've seen the other side. And it achieved nothing. I was in those riots, jackass. I've seen so much of this world destroyed for the impatient and the weak. It's cowardice. It's the easy way out. The more destruction monsters wreak, the further from our actual goal we get. We might get rights, but we won't get respect. Rights don't mean shit when everyone hates you for being a terrorist."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »

"What are their lives to the billions massacred over the centuries? What are their lives to the millions hunted down, their lives taken for the crime of being born supernatural? What are their lives to the uncountable amount of suffering of monsters, hungry, hurt and hopeless in the bleak expanse of the Underworld while the humans are just living it up here?" Haruki suddenly turns to Leena. "There's been less war in the overworld than ever before. Can you say the same about Hell?"
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2017, 11:27:41 pm »

>Can we?

>Not many groups keep dedicated statistics, but a survey of those that exist do corroborate a theory that there has been less war by pursuing rights.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:32 pm »

"They won't give us our rights. It's been a century and things are as shitty as they've always been."
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2017, 01:01:05 am »

>I believe that "giving us our rights" is the point of this exercise, and if it isn't the point of this exercise, then the collective sees no point in continuing such a charade.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2017, 01:15:53 am »

"They won't give us our rights. It's been a century and things are as shitty as they've always been."

"You say that as if you're doing anything other than driving an even firmer wedge between monster communities, and monster-human communities. Your rampant terror isn't what brought us the rights we have to this day. It was the peaceful protest, and the years of diplomatic reasoning. I know that it's hard. I know there's suffering. But I know that causing more suffering and fear isn't the answer."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2017, 01:38:09 am »

>Quite.
Sigtext

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2017, 02:02:16 am »

"You talk like it is only we who were wronged, and the humans that did the wronging spirit ... both sides hurt the other, clinging to the past will only see mistakes repeated."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2017, 03:29:33 am »

Leena, having been listening rather than speaking for a while, opens her mouth toward Haruki.

"You know, there is something you haven't addressed yet: why are you here? If you believe this is a worthless project that will never change anything, why do you come here to voice your grievances, when I'm sure there's some tabloid that would gladly publish everything you say? If this is all a theatre for the Uriah to ignore the real problems, why aren't you working to build a better one? Is there anything for you to gain of talking to us except convince me you're a cowardly quitter with a serious lack of faith in both yourself and others?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2017, 02:11:32 pm »

"Look, I know that this is probably a concession, it's a little close-minded to think that the humans don't want to actually do anything about our relations, no? I don't know about you, but no matter what the Cafe may have meant to the Uriah, we're here now to make changes."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:06 am »

"'Peaceful protests'? 'Years of diplomatic reasoning'?" Haruki tilts his head. "Did that get us any rights? Did that stop the senseless hunting of the Uriah? Or was it the Winchester Affair, where we fought our former 'masters' just to get a shot at being allowed to live at all?" He continues tilting his head until his whole body becomes suspended upside down, legs hanging onto his polearm's scythe blade dangerously. His strange hair floops down because of this, the eye uncovered by his mask leering at Leena.

"Two reasons. First, the Phosphor want to give you guys one last chance to stop coming here, go back to the Underworld and tell your race the good news. You don't even have to join our operations or do anything! Just vacate the café - permanently - and we'll both get along well."

"Secondly, I figured it would be kind to tell you all the world's ending on Christmas. Four months from now the Phosphor's gonna destroy all of humanity. Happy holidays, eh?"
That giant shit-eating grin comes back in full force.
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15