Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267619 times)

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2018, 02:43:34 am »

edited the entity raws so all crimes were based entirely around personal matters. No more nobles deciding to have other people beaten. They want them beaten? It's their problem. Of course, that also goes for murder, lying, cheating, ect. Generating worlds tends to have  a lot more murdered dwarves now. Might also be the edited cultural beliefs like making them praise cheating and power while also having high loyalty.

Still, weirdest thing so far is the random dwarven war crimes.

Had a goblin siege, some of the goblins ended up in cage traps.

I find my dwarves butchering the goblins, flaying them and making their fat into tallow. They won't store the butchered remains in the food stockpile, mind. They just dump the sweatbread and other stuff in the corpse stockpile. Essentially, they make a lot more mess.

I didn't tell them to do this either. Apparently, the dwarves decided captured prisoners go right into the autobutcher extension and that means get to butchering goblins.

Of course, being a personal matter, I still have a bunch of goblins sitting in my stockpile in cages. But some dwarf decided ol' Stasost Songmallu needed to be prepared like a slab of beef, and his nervous tissue is now in my stockpile along with his organs. They won't even make soap from the goblin. Again, given it's a personal matter I suppose it falls to the individual dwarf to decide whether or not they want to butcher the goblins.

I think next time I'll put it to acceptable or maybe required and see how the dwarves act. But for now, I want to see if this was a one time thing or if the dwarves really like leaving the untanned skins of their enemies rotting in their stockpiles along with their hearts.

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok can’t really be much different from Arceus..
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:08 am »

This is what's going on:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MAGMA_BLOB]
[DESCRIPTION:A strange shapeless life form with the prospensity to burn its surroundings.]
[NAME:magma blob:magma blobs:magma blob]
[CASTE_NAME:magma blob:magma blobs:magma blob]
[CREATURE_TILE:'o'][COLOR:4:0:1]
[CREATURE_CLASS:POISONOUS]
[PETVALUE:50]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[FREQUENCY:8]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA]
[LARGE_ROAMING][AMPHIBIOUS][UNDERSWIM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:3:4]
[EXTRAVISION][MAGMA_VISION][NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
[NOBONES][HOMEOTHERM:12500][FIREIMMUNE]
[NATURAL]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:250:500]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:2:3]
[PREFSTRING:boiling hot fluid]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY_THOUGHT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLUID:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:cooled magma blob fluid]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:cooled magma blob fluid]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:molten magma blob fluid]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten magma blob fluid]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling magma blob fluid]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling magma blob fluid]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:SCARLET]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:12000]
[TISSUE:SKIN]
[TISSUE_NAME:skin:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKIN]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:SOLID]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE:FLUID]
[TISSUE_NAME:fluid:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLUID]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:LIQUID]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:100]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_LEAKS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLUID]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLUID:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALK_CRAWL_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:20000]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[NO_SLEEP]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_FEVERS]
[CANNOT_JUMP]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SCARLET:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLUID]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SCARLET:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:FLUID]
[BOILING_POINT:15000]
[MELTING_POINT:12000]
[SPEC_HEAT:1450] specific heat capacity of lava
[SELECT_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]

It's a modified cave blob. It is full of extremely hot fluid instead of blister-inducing fluid. If you pierce it's flesh and allow it's innards to leak on the ground, it will eventually cool. These things die in cold conditions because their fluid will solidify, having the boiling point of magma.
No amount of mods is too much

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 21, 2018, 12:41:57 pm »

That would be awesome, if not for the near guarantee that they will show up in the third caverns and literally burn it to the ground, which will seriously harm a players fps. I would make sure they only ever appear in the magma sea, they can crawl up into the cavern if they have access then but wont spawn in the caverns.

In my own modding, i think i got those stupid shearable lizards to work correctly finally. You can shear them for their ivory scutes, they lay eggs and their scutes make them pretty much invulnerable to the claws and punches of other similarly sized creatures. They only cover the head, neck, both body halves and tail though, and the club at the end of their tail, which is an effective weapon. Maybe ill make them trainable as guard animals. Theyd make a decent compliment to war dogs
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:55:17 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #513 on: April 21, 2018, 01:53:48 pm »

Decided to do a test embark on a good biome, since I'm more or less done with my good biome revamp.

Looking neat so far. No creatures have showed up yet, but I'm glad atleast the plants and trees are working.

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 21, 2018, 09:38:45 pm »

That would be awesome, if not for the near guarantee that they will show up in the third caverns and literally burn it to the ground, which will seriously harm a players fps. I would make sure they only ever appear in the magma sea, they can crawl up into the cavern if they have access then but wont spawn in the caverns.

Currently their fluid only leaks out when (smitten, pierced, etc), so it may not be as much of a problem. The fluid currently has no ignite temperature because otherwise it would have kept burning to death. If I have the [FIREIMMUNE] tag, can I safely remove [IGNITE_TEMP:NONE]? Would it be immolate or would only the fluid ignite grass?

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 21, 2018, 09:39:27 pm »

Decided to do a test embark on a good biome, since I'm more or less done with my good biome revamp.

Looking neat so far. No creatures have showed up yet, but I'm glad atleast the plants and trees are working.

How did you do that? I want to try

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 22, 2018, 12:33:34 am »

I have been out of the game for a very long time.

As things are is there anyway to make a syndrome kick in when a creature reaches adulthood? I want to make things make themselves into cocoons.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #517 on: April 22, 2018, 04:25:40 am »

I have been out of the game for a very long time.

As things are is there anyway to make a syndrome kick in when a creature reaches adulthood? I want to make things make themselves into cocoons.
Unfortunately thats still impossible.

Its simple - I added grass, plant and tree types that only appear within a specific good biome (in this case its grass/shrublands).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 22, 2018, 08:19:52 am »

Currently their fluid only leaks out when (smitten, pierced, etc), so it may not be as much of a problem. The fluid currently has no ignite temperature because otherwise it would have kept burning to death. If I have the [FIREIMMUNE] tag, can I safely remove [IGNITE_TEMP:NONE]? Would it be immolate or would only the fluid ignite grass?

The fireimmune token doesnt actually give immunity to anything, so their materials still need to be modified, yes. And they still have the secretion tag for their fluid in that raw text you posted, so they do leak fluid everywhere. I would guess its hot enough in game to just ignite everything around it, but you should test it and find out
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #519 on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:34 am »

The fireimmune token only affects the AI, I might as well add - as in, they wont get stuck if surrounded by fire and they'll just walk through it as long as they have that token, regardless if their materials are immune to heat damage or not.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2018, 09:12:27 am »

Grass modding like separate text file plant_grasses.txt
Code: [Select]
plant_grasses
[OBJECT:PLANT]
[PLANT:savage polar grass]
[NAME:lichen][NAME_PLURAL:lichens][ADJ:lichen]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[GRASS]
[GRASS_TILES:'.'.'.'.'.'.'.']
[GRASS_COLORS:2:0:0:2:0:0:6:0:0:6:0:0]
[WET]
[DRY]
[SAVAGE]
[BIOME:TUNDRA]
try the infinity symbol for your ascii grass. Or animated grass:
   [GRASS_TILES:242:243:169:170]
   [ALT_GRASS_TILES:243:242:170:169]      [ALT_PERIOD:200:100]
   [GRASS_COLORS:5:0:0:5:0:0:5:0:0:0:0:1]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:17:50 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 23, 2018, 09:03:25 pm »

What’s going on in my modding:

Making a very small humanlike creature, which can move at the current maximum speed (87 kph) and it comes to your map, steals an item, and flees. It appears in good and evil regions. (Also it has trapavoid haha)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2018, 11:27:28 am »

I always thought the good and evil tags were mutually exclusive. Does it actually show up in both in play?

You know i actually have a bunch of good/evil interactions and stuff. Would you like me to upload them so you can use them in your mod?
I make Spellcrafts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2018, 12:37:35 pm »

You know i actually have a bunch of good/evil interactions and stuff. Would you like me to upload them so you can use them in your mod?
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good - I've made some of my own, recently had a cloud of magical smoke (didn't think the clouds would be that huge tbh) drift harmlessly next to my fort. Causes a temporary but long-term loss of physical and mental attributes in most creatures - beings of nature are strengthened by it instead, i.e living plant creatures or sentient servants of nature. I've got 7 other types in good biomes now - may add more later once I'm done with evil biomes - got some weather types planned for that as well.

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2018, 10:10:21 pm »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good - I've made some of my own, recently had a cloud of magical smoke (didn't think the clouds would be that huge tbh) drift harmlessly next to my fort. Causes a temporary but long-term loss of physical and mental attributes in most creatures - beings of nature are strengthened by it instead, i.e living plant creatures or sentient servants of nature. I've got 7 other types in good biomes now - may add more later once I'm done with evil biomes - got some weather types planned for that as well.

You’re really loving the Mirthful and Joyous regions of DF, aren’t you?

I would love to see them myself.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:12:14 pm by ShinyandKittens »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 121