Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267561 times)

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok can’t really be much different from Arceus..
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #540 on: May 02, 2018, 08:51:39 pm »

Another question:

will this work?

Code: [Select]
[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
[USE_EVIL_PLANTS]
[USE_EVIL_WOOD]
[USE_GOOD_ANIMALS]
[USE_GOOD_PLANTS]
[USE_GOOD_WOOD]

Trying to make entity definitions for my Streakers, which should appear in both good and evil biomes. I am trying to make it so they settle in both too.
No amount of mods is too much

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 02, 2018, 09:22:11 pm »

Another question:

will this work?

[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
[USE_EVIL_PLANTS]
[USE_EVIL_WOOD]
[USE_GOOD_ANIMALS]
[USE_GOOD_PLANTS]
[USE_GOOD_WOOD]

Trying to make entity definitions for my Streakers, which should appear in both good and evil biomes. I am trying to make it so they settle in both too.

Should, yeah. I don't recall those being exclusive.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [QUESTION] Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »

Do negative values work for sphere alignment?

Eg

[SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:LAW:-128]

Thanks

Some spheres are opposed to other spheres. A civ or creature having an alignment towards one sphere will give it tangential connections to friendly spheres, and restrict any connections with opposed spheres.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Melchizedek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2018, 10:58:28 pm »

I'm creating some castes to simulate disorders and birth defects, to add difficulty and flare. Some are going to be purely decorative, such as dwarves whose eyes are completely one colour, while others are going to be more severe, such as dwarves with prehensile tails, or dwarves who are born without vital organs. Here's the first caste, which represents a severe defect known as gully syndrome.
    [CASTE:GULLY]
    [MALE]
    [CASTE_NAME:gully dwarf:gully dwarves:gully dwarf]
    [BABYNAME:dwarven baby boy:dwarven baby boys] Revision: added baby names.
[CHILDNAME:dwarven boy:dwarven boys] Revision: added child names.
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[MAXAGE:20:30]
    [NOFEAR]
    [HUNTS_VERMIN]
    [ADOPTS_OWNER]
    [DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy man fond of babbling and rat-catching.]
[POP_RATIO:5]
    [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
I wanted to give this disorder [UTTERANCES] but doing so changes the language used by all dwarves in naming themselves and their civilizations to that of [UTTERANCES]. Might give it [TRAINABLE], just so they aren't completely useless.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2018, 11:29:03 pm »

Really? the Wiki states UTTERANCES is caste level. However considering it does allow that race to "make up" works (gibberish) I can possibly see that bleeding into the main entity.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #545 on: May 10, 2018, 05:02:38 am »

I'm creating some castes to simulate disorders and birth defects, to add difficulty and flare. Some are going to be purely decorative, such as dwarves whose eyes are completely one colour, while others are going to be more severe, such as dwarves with prehensile tails, or dwarves who are born without vital organs. Here's the first caste, which represents a severe defect known as gully syndrome.

Remember to add learning disabilities with skill_rates.
And STR DEX CON via [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:850:880:900:1100:1200:1200:1200] commands.
Charisma penalty by having only 1% skill gain rate in talk_charm type skills.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 10, 2018, 09:48:39 am »

Well, i got that cheese critters bug to show up briefly. I made a new tree for good forests, suddenly geese are supposed to be made of cheese. Still no closer to actually figuring out why. It also disappeared again as soon as i defined yet another tree.

The trees are working pretty good though. Theyre huge and colorful, which gives good forests a totally different feel from mundane ones.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:50:30 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 10, 2018, 10:46:59 am »

I love this cheese bug, because atm no one can fix it because no one understands it

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2018, 05:45:13 pm »

Apparently i and one other person who downloaded my spellcrafts mod are the only ones to have encountered it? I certainly didnt see anyone else fretting about why their game thinks turkeys, or gila monsters or in this case geese should have cheese defined but dont, and i have asked.

Im just going to tear my objects folder apart until i find the source of this. This is stupid. It has to be a function of spellcrafts, but why the hell would it only show up when there are certain numbers of objects defined in certain files?! That other fellows errorlog said the gila monster that was supposed to be made of cheese was in creature_spellcrafts_wizards, so i went through that with a fine toothed comb and found jack shit out of the ordinary, messed with the order of things and saw nothing, now goose cheese after making a perfectly mundane tree. It really doesnt make sense.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:48:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2018, 06:06:06 pm »

Did you add a plant type that uses skin as a material (or any material that has a byproduct - skin has leather, for example)? I had a weird issue with flesh-trees at one point, since I used skin for one of their components - I made a new, nearly identical material without the byproduct and that fixed it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 10, 2018, 06:35:30 pm »

I actually used milk as a material for a plant, which also produces cheese (and has both its milk and cheese defined and everything), maybe thats it, but if the materials been defined and used, properly as far as im aware, then how could it be "leaking" into other object definitions? And why so far down the line? That part makes zero sense.

So taking away the milk and replacing it with an extract with the milk reaction class and everything does remove the error, but it also prevents me from making cheese from it. Oh well, if thats the price of not having to hear about chicken cheese ever again, then whatever.

Whats weird is this plant has been setup that way for over a year or two now with no problems until january...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:10:00 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2018, 10:19:16 pm »

Today I was most impressed by my Wild Dwarves as they showed off their [Abuse_Bodies] tags and impaled a bunch of humans on sticks after razing their village. Good show fellas.

Dammed humans in the corpse pile have driven half the forteess insane...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #552 on: May 11, 2018, 04:49:13 am »

I actually used milk as a material for a plant, which also produces cheese (and has both its milk and cheese defined and everything), maybe thats it, but if the materials been defined and used, properly as far as im aware, then how could it be "leaking" into other object definitions? And why so far down the line? That part makes zero sense.

So taking away the milk and replacing it with an extract with the milk reaction class and everything does remove the error, but it also prevents me from making cheese from it. Oh well, if thats the price of not having to hear about chicken cheese ever again, then whatever.

Whats weird is this plant has been setup that way for over a year or two now with no problems until january...
Its weird, and I'm not exactly sure why it happens - I haven't noticed the bug on my end either for a long time until the errorlog started vomiting up stuff about gila monster leather and parchment material being undefined.

EDIT:
This is gonna be fun to see in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:42:26 am by ZM5 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 11, 2018, 12:13:36 pm »

Well thanks for the help, i honestly hadnt suspected a thing of that poor plant. Now it just brews into irish creme liquor, so thats still tasty right?

I am officially commemorating tbe defeat of the dairy products with animals literally made of wax-encased cheese and nothing else. They are delicious. Habe you ever wanted to walk up to a turkey, take a big bite out of it and then let it go back to doing turkey things? Now you can, because they dont even bleed or feel pain, theyre just animate cheese! Not for the lactose intolerant, unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 12, 2018, 06:42:52 pm »

Playing with my Wild Dwarves to see how the new stress additions effect them. It's upsetting them a little too much, but I guess it's upsetting regular dwarves too right now, so that's fine.

For some reason a human trade wagon has arrived. This shouldn't happen. One of the disadvantages of playing wild dwarves in my game is that they are Item_Thieves, so hostile to most everyone else except minotaurs and kobolds neither of whom trade.

So that's caravans only once a year, and the risk of attack by humans, dwarves, elves, goblins, dark elves, hobbits and various animal tribes. But you don't have to face down armies of giant steel-clad raging horned death from the minotaur cities (usually) so that balances nicely.

One summer ago, a human diplomat arrived at the tavern, hung out for a while, then left without comment. Interesting. Spy perhaps? His civ appeared in my civ list. A year later and here are the wagons. Somehow this hostile civ are no longer hostile. That's new.

--edit
Hmm. The Outpost Liasion is an ex-criminal. Possibly unrelated. Civ screen says the usual offerings of "terror" and "vengeance" (although I'll check again after the merchants and liaison go home).

OK. I see what happened. He's the human liaison of my civ. That's not unusual, but following him through history and he's always been a member of the human civ. In the year 189 he settled in the human town of Packrusset (after 30 years of being a criminal in Packrusset) and...became the outpost liasion for a hostile wild dwarf civ. Packrusset remains part of the human civ, no-one's been kidnapped or enslaved.

History appears to be somewhat screwed up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:34:57 pm by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 121