Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54419 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:28 am »

"Yes. It is looking at me."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2017, 11:10:34 pm »

Frankensteining the Auto Doc: 93

Vigil pulled the Autodoc open and went Mcgyver on it. Before anyone realizes what happened, he had already connected the Autodoc's circuits to his suit and jumpstart the battery, effectively field-repairing his suit back to operation!

Meanwhile, the bugs lessen significantly as there weren't that many here anyway, Boiy try to use Sideways on Vigil, he could feel the very fabric of reality shifting.. yet nothing happened.

Kaito sets his Gauss up, and it's prime to fire.

And that big thing that's looking at Danh moved a bit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:28:37 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2017, 11:23:02 pm »

Slowly sliding a plasma grenade off his vest, Danh nervously shuffles where he is, saying, "It moved. Tell me when you're getting ready to shoot, I'll try to bomb it too..."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2017, 01:37:43 am »

"Danh, stay low and do not provoke it." Ricardo says, "Kaito, fire when you have a bead on it."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 18, 2017, 04:19:30 am »

"What the he'll did I miss? I thought I had them all distracted." He looked at his HUD and noticed the large ping.

"Dahn, though a pheromone grenade at it!" He said as he continued to work on the few bugs that still persisted. At the same time, he tried to work a scan on the goop, to see if it was flamable.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:14:54 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 19, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

Kaito nodded quietly, slowly scanning around the pillar to see if he could get a good bead on the beast. Once he had a good, clear shot he'd take it, taking a slow breath then pulling the trigger, keeping the creature locked in his sights.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »

"Vigil, danh, no pheramone grenades. When this thing is downed danh is still clear to plant the bomb. Vigil, you need to get back to mars for a new suit and medical check."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2017, 05:23:15 pm »

Technically everything is flammable given enough fuel. But you do not think the goop is any more flammable than, say, concrete.

Meanwhile, Kaito finished setting up his Gauss and drawn the beat on the big thing.. taking a good, careful aim, clenched his stomach and squeezes the trigger.

There was a low whine as the weapon supercharges the metal stake with the power that a small family of four uses for a week into a metal stake, several safety mechanisms releases and the final activation sends the stake out with speed that immediately broke several sound barriers.

The blast sent every single nearby Spiderbeetles flying and splattering against hard surfaces while everyone's suits whine from the shockwave trying it's best at liquefying your insides. Vigil's suit in particular shifted slightly as his gyro-stabilizer was working at half-efficiency. Slime, goo and gore rippled like a wave from the launch, the Stake was there in less than a heartbeat.

Kaito Gauss: 26

Then you watch as the stake hits that large thing at an angle and ricochets off of it's angular armor with a deafening metalic PING! and flies off into the far wall with a kinetic explosion that have decimated the mountain range of Mars.

And combat was on, that thing bursts out from the pool, revealing it's full form as gore and offal drips off of it, large.. man-sized legs pushing it forward, the saw-like serated teeth along it's spine and long tail whipping wildly as it begin rushing towards the Nearest target, Danh.

It makes a terrifying screech as it charges, it's black carapace shiny from all the gore coating it, it's size.. Even excluding the tail, it's still roughly the size of a damned Main Battle Tank.

And holy sweet jumping baby jebus it's fast, oh god it's fast. Oh shit it runs really fast.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »

Kaito would grit his teeth, cycling the gauss to get another round ready as he tried to keep a bead on the thing. If there was ever something that needed a few gauss rounds in it, it seems we'd found it. As soon as the rifle was ready to fire again, he'd aim along the creatures body and head, trying to go for a shot that wouldn't deflect off the carapace. A split between two plates, or a proper flat target. Something.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »

Danh pushes the button on the plasma grenade in hand after quickly setting it for four seconds, throws it ahead of him in the path of the oncoming beast, turns, runs forward for about three seconds, and leaps forward trying to hit the deck in the pile of sludge.
'Oh god I'm going to die right here facedown in a pile of bug guts aren't I'

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »

"Of course i had to leave my bow behind," Ricardo exclaims, running along the rim of the lake of goop, trying to draw the thing's attention away from Danh. "Hey asshole, over here!" He fires the glock single shot as he runs.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2017, 06:15:37 pm »

"He is too far back. His best bet is to hitch a ride on that thing. How do you want to handle this? Things too fast for us to make it back to Gate without definitely losing him and at least one other person. The best we ca- Kaito! See if you can cripple it's legs!"
As Vigil says all this, he switches to the war frisbees. Likely, they won't do much damage, but, hitting just the right points  to cut into a limb or hack off carapass for others to make a better shot might help. And starting off with close range to melee is much better than anything else he could work out.

"Boiy, don't shoot me, this time. Shoot the danm bug. If you miss that. . . . . Why do you even have a gun. You need martial arts training. Should go to Viricardo. Be useful."

Vigil will then scan the thing, as fully as he can. Find every joint and weak point, for later, and send the results to Kaito, to help his aiming.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:47 am »

Boiy will start doing the most logical thing and shoot the gigant alien with his shotgun
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »

Kaito Gauss: 48
Danh Plasma grenade: 110

Another incredibly loud crack follows as Kaito let loose another stake, the Tank-Busting round aiming to kill the beast but it's speed made aiming really, really hard. The supersonic metal stake ended up hitting the top end of it's hard mouth and ricochets upwards, spinning wildly before burying itself into the ceiling.

Danh managed to briefly watch as his blinking, beeping plasma grenade disappears down the giant bug's throat before he dive into the sludge, the weight of the suit enough to submerge him entirely in guts and gore. Thankfully his suit is airtight and is able to wade around in the void of space, so his socks doesn't get wet.

The giant Spiderbeetle recovers, goes to make a roar then promptly explodes as the Plasma grenade goes off inside it. The heat flash incinerating it's entire body, leaving a bit of tail and a hole of cooked offal that you've no doubt is sending some very, Very pleasant smell for the bugs to enjoy.

And as it turns out, Ricardo didn't even need to shoot at the thing, his visor automatically darkens briefly from the plasma explosion so that his eyes wouldn't boil away. And there was nothing left for Vigil to scan..

Boiy also figured that he probably shouldn't waste his precious ammo on something that no longer exists.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2017, 12:16:56 pm »

"Dahn, round on me when we get back. I thought I was going to die. We should bring back some of that things scales. It was able to take direct hits from the gauss." Vigil said excitedly as he looked around for any bits and pieces large enough to make a chunk the size of his forearm.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 103