Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54415 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:20 pm »

Struggling to push himself out of the mush with some effort, Danh wipes at his visor, staring at the bits of what used to be fresh spiderbeetle.
"Thanks." He mumbles to Vigil, a little shaken, but incredibly happy he isn't dead.
Thanking whatever God or lucky stars just saved him there, the man (now caked head to toe in guts, gore, and various other parts) begins making his way back to the pillar.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2017, 12:22:54 pm »

Vigil is fairly certain that the tail bits, if hollowed out, can comfortably fit a few arms in there. It's the only bits that's left, anyway.

Danh continues to wade through the sludge towards the pillar as a cascading sound of skittering can be heard from every.Fucking.Where.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2017, 12:25:45 pm »

"Everyone! Assume we are surrounded. Take up whatever position you can and prepare to be rushed. Dahn, if you can double time, double time. Prepare the bomb as you move, if you can, please grab the tail. We need to leave!" Vigil is getting out his war frisbees ready for the coming fight.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:30:37 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2017, 12:59:15 pm »

Stopping, and slipping a charge out of his pack, Danh starts to rush over to the pillar, as fast as the muck allows, trying to get some preemptive button pushes in.
That goddamn tail is second priority, but where is it? Close enough to easily grab on his way back?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »

Definitely. The muck is all over the charge's interface, though. It's definitely not designed to be submerged in gore, dug up and used again while running.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 23, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »

Whatever, as long as it still works.
Once Danh sets the charge, he'll try to grab the tail-chunk, and head back to the lip with the others.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2017, 05:34:44 pm »

Kaito started to sling his Gauss again, preparing for Danh to return. "Something taking several gauss stakes.. that is some impressive armour indeed. If we can get it back to the lab and get it growing we might have ourselves some upgrades."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2017, 07:16:43 am »

"Alright everyone, listen up. That sure was a hell of a show, but we have other priorities right now. It sounds like we're surrounded... in stereo. The autodoc won't run Vigil's suit forever and what's more - we don't have an autodoc. We should split up into two groups. Group one will be Vigil and Boiy, who will go collect two specimens, head through the portal, get Vigil checked for side effects of being exposed to this atmosphere and the sludge, get Vigil a new suit and a new autodoc then come back and guard the gate until you can re-establish comms."

"Group two will be everyone else. We'll cover Boiy and Vigil to the gate and assist in collecting the specimens. While they are on the other side, we will hit objective two and then regroup with them if they're back through by that point."

"Danh, set the timer on that for four hours and synchronise the timer of the other two charges to blow with that one. Also grab that tail if you can. Kaito, keep your Gauss ready, I don't want to be surprised again."

"Any questions or objections?"

Ricardo opens a private channel with Vigil. "Vigil, while you're being checked, send someone to the Dojo to collect the crate from under my bed and bring it back through with you. Warn them that it's heavy. Oh and get them to stash my bow while you're there."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:21:14 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2017, 07:23:28 am »

"Done. Though I rather not leave, this thing is heavy."
He turns to start to walk away.
"Ricardo. Don't get hit until I come back."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2017, 07:26:46 am »

"We will wait for Danh to get back first before you go through."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2017, 07:28:51 am »

"Enemy won't. I got to be ready to bolt, when it comes down to it. Which . . . . Boiy. Fire on what's behind us, while we are going, and I will handle the front."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:56 am »

"Sure i can do that"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2017, 08:46:58 am »

Vigil goes to face his exit, waiting for the signal to leave.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Kaito nodded and kept his Gauss out. "I can keep it in my hands, but I'd still need time to set up either way. I'm not going to be able to fire this standing up... well, I won't be able to more than once at the least."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »

Danh trudge his way through the sludge a little further, making it half way to the pillar by the time the first of the Spiderbeetles starts to pour out from the ceiling, skittering down the Pillar.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 103