Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54278 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2017, 07:49:03 pm »

"Guys. I may need some help carrying this. Their seeds must be the size of my b- God geez! This one is larger than the last!"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:06 pm »

"I would be happy to help, but I doubt you want me to have my hands full." Christian is keeping a sharp lookout for movement, trying to divide his time between scanning outside, and making sure none of those damn spider-dogs are creeping up on him.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2017, 03:40:13 am »

Kaito would shoulder his PDW and move to help Vigil. "Well since you've dug it up already might as well haul it back. Our next step should be planned at the gate room anyway."

He'd swap back to the private channel. "If we're going to take a live sample we'll need some way to subdue one of these bugs. Not sure we're going to be able to punch one unconscious, and unless you've got something better than harsh words to keep it contained, we'll want to send someone back to get supplies for capturing."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2017, 05:08:23 am »

"Well, sending someone to get capture gear beats my plan of wrestling one and pinning it down... I think we'll go with your idea." Ricardo says the first bit jokingly, obviously not meaning that that was his actual plan. "Ideally we would get multiple samples. We already have a dead sample, which may or may not be splattered beyond recognition depending on how it went through the portal. I think of we can get a dead sample that isnt in a million pieces, a live and incapacitated sample, a live and whole sample and, if one even exists, the 'queen' of the hive, preferably alive, would give a considerable increase in our paychecks."

Ricardo, seeing that the sample-takers weren't immediately ambushed, steps out to join them with his bow ready. He scans the sky - any other animals he could bring down with his bow in mind. To the private channel, "I wouldn't mind getting samples of other fauna too... Those dragonfly-things were massive, any creature at all would be a goldmine in terms of science and paychecks."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:15 am »

"Plants are creatures too, you know. Plant lives matter."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2017, 11:28:00 am »

Danh hesitantly takes a few steps forward, but stops, staying in the hole.
Speaking over the radio, a tinge of worry in his voice, he asks, "You guys, uh, sure it's clear up there?
Seems like there's probably more things up there that could grab you and shit."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2017, 11:40:28 am »

[Christian Passive scan: 28]

Ricardo look into the alien sky at the many great dragonfly-like creatures banking majestically around clouds in the distance, too far away from his poor bow to ever hope to hit. There doesn't seems to be anything in the sky of your immediate vicinity as the majority of the group digs and picks up the toilet seat-sized sapling, the hydraulics of your exoskeleton whrrring passively as it provides the necessary strength to lift the damned thing. It looks wet, and sticky, and feels like a hollow container with liquid inside.

They seems soft to the touch and easily deforms from your hands, but just as easily fills back up to it's original shape after letting go of it.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2017, 11:53:00 am »

"Are you guys about done?"

Keep a sharp lookout for danger both inside and out.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2017, 11:57:52 am »

"Yah. Let's go. Should name this place Taxus. Everything is huge."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2017, 01:32:00 pm »

"Great, good, get down here already, then!" Danh exclaims, nervously glancing around again before taking a step back, beginning to make his way back down the tunnel, towards the gate.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2017, 02:02:17 pm »

As Danh begin moving back, he'd in the distance that there are several of those Dog-sized bugs at the Gate room's entrance, it would appear that they are packing dirt and stone into the entrance as if to block it.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »

Gritting his teeth, Danh pales a bit, but yells over radio,  "HURRY UP, YOU SLOW FUCKS! THEY'RE BARRICADING THE GATE ROOM!, before gripping his gun with tight fists, raising it, and spraying bullets at the bugs from where he is, fully-automatic.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2017, 02:05:43 pm »

(Did our backup not come with the laser gun?)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2017, 02:12:34 pm »

[Danh Dakka: 95]

Danh let loose an automatic burst of MAG rounds, the weapon quit easily shred the dozen-something bugs at the gate entrance into broken pieces as his gun deliver thunderous cracking in the enclosed cavern. The powerful rounds also shatters the dirt and stone packings that the spider beetle things have been working on too.

[Bug launch: 62]

Meanwhile, Vigil and Ricardo crosses through the cave opening with their big plant, and four of the very same large beetles launches from the ceiling and onto the sapling. Their velocity and mass nearly tipping both Vigil and Ricardo over! They're grabbing onto the plant with their beaks, trying to drag the sapling into one of the many holes in the floor!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »

Yah, no. Cut that out (of its mouth. . . . With its mouth, too).

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 103