Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54277 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2017, 07:44:40 am »

((We won't know until we cross))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2017, 04:34:30 pm »

Beyond the entrance, bright sunlight baked lines of heat through a dense tangle of trees and vines. Flowers as large as hot tubs doted the primordial terrain, and a light steam rose gently from a nearby pools. Sensors register the temperature as 53 degrees celsius, but solar radiation is within local norms. The humidity is high, with streaks of water sliding easily from your hydrophobic visors, leaving a clear view of the stunning alien vista. More of the great dragonflies circled a cloud in the distance, banking majestically.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2017, 05:52:23 pm »

"Alright, we've gone far enough. We take as many samples as possible. Our mission was gate exploration, and I think we've fulfilled that objective well enough. All signs point towards potential habitation if we can get over the slight issue of the wildlife. We should call this planet Australia."
Ricardo opens a private channel with Danh, Kaito and Vigil. "Here's what I'm thinking, and I'll admit it's on the crazy side of things. I'm thinking we hit that hive hard on our way out and capture one of the creatures alive. I'm also intrigued to see if there's a queen bug or whatever you wanna call it controlling them. If there is a 'queen' and we are able to capture it, think of the scientific recognition, the money, the fame that we would all get if we caught it to study. We'd need to send someone back to make sure we have holding cells they wouldn't die in. Thoughts?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »

"Two words. Fuck. That. You can go do that batshit crazy plan, but I ain't gonna get anywhere closer to these things than I have to to shoot them." Danh says, replying to Ricardo.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2017, 05:58:27 pm »

"Be a bit like kicking a hornet's nest considering how powerful those bugs seem to be en-masse. Still, as long as we set ourselves up properly I think it's doable. Even if we don't end up managing a living sample, these things have the potential to be an annoyance to construction at a minimum, so thinning them wouldn't hurt." Kaito said back across the private channel, thinking things over.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2017, 06:03:17 pm »

"I never said we wouldn't be careful. We could even just set up by the gate and mow them down as they come, then just pick up a couple of survivors. I'd prefer a whole sample, though, and I imagine we'd get paid more. I was never suggesting to step foot inside the hive. It's risky, yes. But there is huge potential for reward. As for capturing a queen, well there may not even be one for all we know. But if there is one and we capture it, then I'd imagine the bonus to be well worth the trouble."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »

((Have we gone past the entrence?))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »

"So long as we set up so we can retreat in a hurry if things go wrong, that sounds like a sound plan. We should collect at least a few foliage samples first of course, some soil and rock samples would probably be useful as well."

((Not yet))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2017, 06:11:28 pm »

"Well, I am going to go get a few samples of plant-life. If that is plant-life. Do what you feel is needed."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »

"I'm setting up overwatch at the entry."

Find a spot in the entrance where I have a good view of the outside, then get my gun ready and start scanning for threats to the science team.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:50 pm »

Vigil crosses the treshold.. and nothing seems to be falling ontop of him, all is clear. He then goes around collecting pieces of various flowers near the entrance.

They indeed seems to be plant. Weird, alien plant, but plant.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2017, 06:44:22 pm »

Any seeds or fruits?

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2017, 06:54:27 pm »

These flowers must produce some kind of seed, but you don't see any fruit anywhere nearby.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2017, 06:58:49 pm »

. . . . I am going to find the closest thing to a small sprout that I can find, and dig it out, with some soil, and put it in a container.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2017, 07:16:46 pm »

The smallest sprout that you can find is as big as a toilet seat.

You don't have a big enough container for this.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 103