Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54272 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2017, 12:28:37 am »

"Reason why I slated you up as a commander, Kaito. Right words, Right thoughts, Right action. The only thing you have an issue with is other people listening."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 12:35:06 am »

"It's hard to get others to listen when giving the right order at the wrong time. Ricardo, your plan is basically what I felt was best, but with the point position swapped up a bit. Melee forward makes perfect sense. In this it shall be as you say, lead on."

To Self: Kaito reminds me of too many "get yourself and others killed" types I used to work with, no way am I following him.

Follow Ricardo's plan.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2017, 12:52:26 pm »

Stepping through the Gate room with sensors and Nightvision on, the team's views are bathed in green. Quiet crunching of heavy boots stepping on the floor seems to be the only noise in the whole cavern so far.

Everything is quiet, but the feelings of countless eyes like stars in the clear night's sky looking down on you is unshakable.

Long moments of careful stepping along, following the map finally reveals the exit behind all the twists, sunlight pouring into the opening, highlighting dust.

The opening itself is large, large enough to drive a 16-wheelers out. Now that you think about it, the hallway.. the twists... They're very large too, too large for dog-sized bugs. Wouldn't making dog-sized openings better for them then?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »

Danh raises his gun, tensing up a little as he prepares for something to happen, staying in formation.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2017, 12:59:33 pm »

Vigil just calmly remains in position, hands on his hips, ready to grab his sword at a moment's notice, but actively writing a log of the environment, noting the far large size than needed for entrence of the insects cave.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2017, 01:02:03 pm »

In the distance you hear a faint buzz.

A large dragonfl-like creature the size of a minivan flew through the Entrance briefly,

Correction. Tried to fly through the entrance before several of those dog-sized beetle/spiders that you've seen got launched from holes on the entrance's ceiling, and onto the unfortunate creature. The force of combined beetles grounded the creature, what follows is several seconds of sickening crunching noises as something the size of a minivan gets pulled into a hole only big enough for a medium-sized dog like something straight out of a horror movie.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2017, 01:05:35 pm »

"Noted. Everyone low to the ground. We sent big, but I am sure it will help. Also, double check to make sure you won't have to reload. I changed my mind. These are the ants of his world. We don't want to find out what the humans are like."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »

Visibly shuddering, Danh pops the magazine out of his gun, swapping it for a full one, crouching down once he finishes.
He's feeling not good about this.
He wishes there were more people in this diamond moving forward.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:48 pm »

Christian checks his magazine and equipment. "Well, spider-dogs are not the only thing to worry about it seems."
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »

"That was... unplesant. Seems it's more than beetles that are large over here. Wonder what other bugs we might run into." Kaito shakes his head, then refocuses along the path. "Still, at least they aren't coming after us. Though if this entrance is a trap for larger creatures they may leap on us if we try to walk out of the cave."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »

The team arrives at the entrance of the cavern where they are bathed by the rays of an alien sun for the very first time.

You still haven't crossed to where the alien dragonfly got pounced yet, though. What to do, what to do?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

Vigil scans to see if there are any webs or whatnot, other than that, he is keeping low and going through. Quick and quiet like.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2017, 07:20:29 am »

((So, are we outdoors, or just at a shaft to the surface?))

Scan the area, specifically trying to get numbers and types for nearby enemies, especially outside.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2017, 07:23:54 am »

((We are crossing that threshold where we saw the dragonfly.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2017, 07:30:51 am »

((I know that, but it wasn't said if that was the true surface, or just the bottom of a sinkhole or something.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 103