Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54363 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1020 on: June 12, 2018, 04:06:49 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Hunt? Th... that's... interesting."
Tina then removes the sphere from the pedestal, and starts going back, so she can get to the surface.
She thinks about it, the octopus could maybe have hunted, but... maybe it's got something to do with the psychic response.
Anyway, when she gets up, she'll show the sphere.
"I found this. N-not sure... what it does."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 12, 2018, 08:33:33 am »

"Perhaps the diamond is a container, given its reputation for strength." Stella'll examine the octopus corpse, if she can. Did it have both its eyes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 12, 2018, 09:02:14 am »

“Alright. Final samples, Frazz, ammo check, everyone else, I am going to run a vitals Check to make sure nobody’s injured. Tina, I am half ready to tell you that, as punishment for risking our lives, you have to leave Priscilla, but, find some way to bring it with us. Dahn, can you cover everyone else’s ascent, after your ammo check, Stella, since your eyes are the sharpest of us all, mind taking point? Honestly, I am tired and feel like hurling right here and now, after all that spinning.  Kaito, thanks for hauling that thing up.”
Vigil sighed, after a moment, and then fell back on his backside, adrenaline rush starting to raid from his body, leaving him slightly weaker than before.
“We should also double time it. We don’t want this place to collapse. If what you can do can be done outside, then let’s do it outside.”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:16 am »

Stella nods. "Do you require assistance in exiting the ruin?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 12, 2018, 09:11:43 am »

“Nah. I am just tired, is all. I want to make sure everyone gets out safely, as well. Worst thing that can happen is, well, they pull the artifact and a trap goes off. I am actually super interested in what it might do.”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 12, 2018, 09:37:51 am »

Danh checks his ammo, making sure a full magazine is loaded.
"Ready to cover, should anything else pop up."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 12, 2018, 11:36:12 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I... I didn't see much else down there. M-maybe it's collapsed over time. B-but... you can have a look."
Tina looks at the sphere, looking into the eye. Then she chuckles to herself. In the castle with the eye orb, it was Vigil who got grabbed.
Then Tina pulls out a PDA and makes a note saying: "Eye orb found on a pedestal with alien text, says Hunt. Could it be an order for the octopus? It lacks the food that would support a creature of it's size. No observation window found, so it can't be an aquarium. At least not for observation."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 12, 2018, 01:31:24 pm »

Ammo looks good, you spent some good MAG Magazines shooting the Octopus but you've still got plenty left, and there's still crates of ammo back at the snowmobile to replenish your stock anyway.

The Giant Octopus itself isn't exactly an Earth Giant Octopus, so you can't really tell if it's normal or not that it does not seems to have eyes. Or at least you don't see an eye anywhere on it, for all you know it could sense things by radiation, it is an alien after all.

But all in all everyone got out from the water safely enough after careful combing of the underwater area showing no other passage to anywhere else. And with the entirety of the ruins explored, it seems like your work here is done. Anything else now is just bonus money.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 12, 2018, 01:54:32 pm »

“Alright, if anyone has anything they want to do while we are still here, then speak up now. Otherwise, we are moving out, we can take five once we reach the snowmobiles, and then a straight shot at first light. Tina, any luck on finding a way of moving the bot?”

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 12, 2018, 02:08:04 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I can... move her, myself. I just can't use her."
Tina walks over, and picks up Priscilla, hoisting her over her shoulder, while still holding the sphere in her other hand.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 12, 2018, 02:15:38 pm »

"You mind if i hold the sphere?" Boiy asked Tina
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 12, 2018, 02:17:49 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"O-oh... y-yes."
Tina hands over the sphere.
"Seems to be... an eyeball trapped in amber. Maybe we can get some alien DNA from it. Well, parts of it."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:05 pm »

Danh warily watches Boiy.
"Be careful with that shit, Boiy. That might've been what scrambled your brain earlier. And no one needs to haul a corpse out this mission."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 12, 2018, 02:27:23 pm »

"Well to be fair, that was the octopus that did it, this as far as i know, isnt alive. Also i nearly forgot, now that the octopus is gone i could try to do the thing again."
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 12, 2018, 02:31:26 pm »

"I don't think anyone can know whether or not it was that octopus that caused that. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We have what we need, let's just not fuck around anymore, okay? We're in the clear, we just have to walk across it and go home."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:33:17 pm by Bill Chompski »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 103