Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54364 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1005 on: June 07, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »

The water kicks up and explodes with every hypervelocity MAG Slug blowing into it, to anything under the water it probably feel like being in the center of a rave right now with so much pounding going on. The entire squad lighting up all around the opening, firing at the water.

It was apparently finally enough for whatever was down there, as the whole ruin rumbled, kinetic force hitting the water having heated it up some, and in seconds, many large tentacles bursts out from the water, each ramming at the stone floor, trumping it under your feet but the strength wasn't quite there to break it yet. You can see many of the tentacles are injured from MAG wounds, but with water being amazing cover against gunfire, it could be much worse.

With what Tentacles that made it through the opening, it tries to sweep the floor, but only managed to flop uselessly as the entire square shreds the tentacles that made it up top with heavy MAG fire.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 07, 2018, 02:46:14 pm »

“Hey, It wasn’t luck, nor was it skill. I just put my life in the right hands. Do need your shooting experience down here, though, Dahn.” Vigil shouted as he went ham on the closest tentacles to him, that were trying to break the floor. [47]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 07, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »

With a little grunt, Danh applies pressure to the trigger of his gun, shooting. He makes a point to shoot everywhere Vigil isn't, though;attempting to ensure at least one bullet lands at whenever "center mass" is. [Small Arms 68]

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 07, 2018, 05:48:15 pm »

Vigil slices off another tentacle, blood was spurting everywhere, the writhing tentacle mass getting torn into and shredded, it finally shudders and drops. Whichever tentacle still up top falling lifelessly on the floor, and you see the large mass of what looked like a very big octopus floating up onto the surface, unmoving.

It's all finally quiet after all the shooting have died down, nothing but what you think is some sort of bird echoing distantly in the forest, calling out disturbingly.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 07, 2018, 06:15:02 pm »

“Holy Hell. That was super annoying.” Vigil said as he set up his climbing kit in the hole of the ‘floor’ below. He watched as it dropped up, his brain silently struggling to make sense of the illogical action that just had happened.
“Boiy. I need you to to drop me. I am going to send you a feed of where I am trying to land. Try and course correct me, as I drop.” He said, as he prepared to dive right into the water, like a human knife.
“On my mark. Ready. Set.”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 07, 2018, 06:16:24 pm »

“Let us hope that its blood is not harmful to humans.”

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 07, 2018, 06:20:07 pm »

“Noted. That is also why I chose to set up my climbing kit. It will let you guys get me if worse comes to worse, and come down yourself, if you feel the need.”

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 07, 2018, 08:19:44 pm »

Kaito would squat by the hole, keeping his rifle ready just in case as he looked over the large beast. "Mmm... we should look into setting up some sort of pulley system or the like once vigil is back up here. I'd like to get that thing out of there so we can get some proper samples to bring back before it rots. I suppose that's assuming it will rot."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:37 am »

"Right, im gonna drop you in" Boiy then starts a countdown and returns his gravity to normal, doing his best to set him on the right course
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 12, 2018, 01:50:46 am »

Vigil phlops back down on the floor where the floor is the ground and not the ceiling, everything is finally right and well in the world. The giant tentacle octopus monster was dead, and it's treasures are presumably waiting to be yours. So far so good, one might even call this a mission success already. Now you just need to grab the artifact then get back through the gate and get paid an absurd amount of money each.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 12, 2018, 02:14:00 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I... I'll go in... see if it's safe."
Tina drops off her Autodoc, and picks up Priscilla's Sensor Pack.
"I need to... check."
Tina walks to the broken floor, then jumps into the water below.
Then she tries scanning around underwater.
[Sensors 28] Well, turns out underwater scanning isn't so easy. She frequently tries changing the spectrum and move it around, to try and get a workable reading.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 12, 2018, 02:51:08 am »

Kaito nods, shouldering his rifle and starting to fit some ropes together. "Meanwhile, I'll work on getting that thing out of there... clear up the search, and give you scientist sorts something to dissect. Better we get as much information as we can now, it'll likely have rotted by the time another team gets out here." He'd secure the line, then hop into the water, only being down for a few moments before hauling himself back up the line, one of the tentacles over his shoulder. He'd get his feet back on solid ground, then give a final large heave to haul up the entire beast, flinging it clear of the hole to be sure it didn't fall back in.

(commando 102) "That... was simpler than I had anticipated. Well, get to it, while we start getting the artifact out."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 12, 2018, 02:57:25 am »

It certainly is large, though you suppose the mythical Kraken would be larger than this. Still! it could probably sink a boat? how did one even get in there you have no idea, it's probably been growing in there for some time but with no other life in there, for all you know it probably have been growing by eating alien plankton or something.

Either way, the underwater exploration went swimmingly. The bottom of the water was found without too much problem, and following the signal of the castle, Tina would find what looks to be a solid, perfect sphere of Diamond with some sort of a large beast's eye inside of it, as if preserved in amber. The sphere itself is about the size of a basketball.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 12, 2018, 03:44:34 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I found something... weird."
Tina makes sure to get a good scan of the surroundings, in case there's any sort of glaringly obvious warning signs. Along with just plain ol' text.
"I'll check for text, m-maybe... it'll tell us something."
[Linguistics 64] Well, at least the water isn't too murky, so it lets her read decently well. Light source is good too.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 12, 2018, 03:50:51 am »

There is one word written in castle alien on the pedestal, it reads 'Hunt'.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 103