Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150792 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1050 on: September 04, 2017, 11:35:33 pm »

Quote from: Designs and Projects
Designs:
None (1): Shadowclaw

Projects:
Vanguard Cannon (2): 3 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV
Signal Flashers (2): 1 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV
Verticals Envelopment

Why not a viper on the flag, cause our viper ships? What does a lion have to do with kasgyre, and lions are so generic.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 05, 2017, 12:03:20 am »

Designs:

Projects:
Vanguard Cannon (2): 3 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV
Signal Flashers (2): 1 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV
Verticals Envelopment

Why not a viper on the flag, cause our viper ships? What does a lion have to do with kasgyre, and lions are so generic.

The lioness symbolises our Queen. Besides that, I don't know, but I also like thr second design. I also said we might want snakes on it, but noone on discord agreed (or disagreed) and one animal is more than enough. I strongly oppose anything even vaguely spider shaped.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:21 am »

I'll probably try and run the turn tomorrow, before noon, so that's your timeline for finishing the vote.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 05, 2017, 12:47:39 am »

that...doesn't really give ample time for arguing about revisons and stuff.
Any animal we want can symbolize our queen. Cats are generic and boring and overused.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 05, 2017, 12:56:49 am »

that...doesn't really give ample time for arguing about revisons and stuff.
Any animal we want can symbolize our queen. Cats are generic and boring and overused.

Err, by run the turn, I mean, process your designs. Your revisions will still be another day at least, then another day  or more again for the actual production and deployment.

Sorry, I'm a bad person and use phase/turn too interchangeably.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 05, 2017, 02:41:47 am »

Designs:

Projects:
Vanguard Cannon (2): 3 Dice: Shadowclaw, NAV
Signal Flashers (3): 1 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV, Taricus
Verticals Envelopment (1): 3 Dice: Taricus
The vanguard cannon is nice, but there's no point in completing it before we have the ships to mount it on.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 05, 2017, 04:19:46 am »

Spoiler: even more flag options (click to show/hide)
Crown: Yes
Colours: yes
Fancy: yes!

It still needs a very fancy gold border, and I would replace the cat with a spider. What do cats have to do with Kasgyre?
Putting in fancy borders breaks one of the cardinal rules of flag making which is to cut down on visual noise. It's already more visually complex than a flag really should be (but hey we're Kasgyr we tend to have things ostentatious past the point of practicality :D). But borders are either so small they can't be seen from a distance or so imposing they clutter the flag.
 Remember most people will be seeing it like this: rather than the big imposing versions I'm posting in the spoiler. So in the interest of keeping the flag visible I probably won't be adding gilded borders. Replacing the lioness with something else however is something I'm happy to do. I may do the snake+cat thing on my next pass.

Designs:

Projects:
Signal Flashers (4): 1 Die: Shadowclaw, NAV, Taricus, Jerick
Verticals Envelopment (2): 3 Dice: Taricus, Jerick
As for voting I think we should put some dice into envelopment, we need to actually capture some territory in TC. And I know I seem to say this every turn but I suspect we'll see a push from the enemy this turn. There's been too many turns of peace. They are going to move in force to either the Unfinished or TC this turn.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 05, 2017, 04:37:04 am »

Spoiler: even more flag options (click to show/hide)
Crown: Yes
Colours: yes
Fancy: yes!

It still needs a very fancy gold border, and I would replace the cat with a spider. What do cats have to do with Kasgyre?
Putting in fancy borders breaks one of the cardinal rules of flag making which is to cut down on visual noise. It's already more visually complex than a flag really should be (but hey we're Kasgyr we tend to have things ostentatious past the point of practicality :D). But borders are either so small they can't be seen from a distance or so imposing they clutter the flag.
 Remember most people will be seeing it like this: rather than the big imposing versions I'm posting in the spoiler. So in the interest of keeping the flag visible I probably won't be adding gilded borders. Replacing the lioness with something else however is something I'm happy to do. I may do the snake+cat thing on my next pass.

Designs:

Projects:
As for voting I think we should put some dice into envelopment, we need to actually capture some territory in TC. And I know I seem to say this every turn but I suspect we'll see a push from the enemy this turn. There's been too many turns of peace. They are going to move in force to either the Unfinished or TC this turn.

That snake doesn't seem to be in the middle. Besides that, I like it. I am opposed to anything involving spiders.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 05, 2017, 04:49:27 am »

God damn it, you're right. Now that I'm looking at it the crown isn't properly centered either. Hows this?
Spoiler: revised option 3 (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 05, 2017, 04:53:32 am »

I quite like flag option 2. All the regalness of a lion, only we got the one that actually does hard work :P

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 05, 2017, 07:00:56 am »

I have revised all the options a bit, re centered the crown, increased the contrast so it doesn't look so muted and fixed a single white pixel that had earlier escaped my notice.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:08:50 am by Jerick »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:17 am »

Designs:

Projects:

Dear lord, three dice into Vertical Envelopment? That's 48 COWS. Do you realise how expensive that is?

Can I also, again, suggest we vote for things as discrete plans rather than this FPTP nonsense? Something like the following:

Quote from: Plan Votes
[2] Vanguard Cannon (3 dice, 6c, 6o) + Signal Flashers (1 die, 2w) + bank 2 dice: Shadowclaw, NAV
[2] Vertical Envelopment (3 dice, 9c, 9o, 15w, 15s) + Signal Flashers (1 die, 2w) + bank 2 dice: Shadowclaw, NAV
[1] Vertical Envelopment (1 dice, 1 rush, 3c, 3o, 5w, 5s) + Signal Flashers (1 die, 2w) + bank 4 dice: Kashyyk

New Projects:
None...

Flags
[] Option 1:
[1] Option 2: Kashyyk
[1] Option 3: Kashyyk
[] Option 4:
[] Option 5:

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 05, 2017, 08:48:57 am »

Yes, but rushing into that isn't going to help anyone and we need the doctrine badly. That being said, we can use the silk to cover the optional stuff since we have so much of it that we're not using.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 05, 2017, 10:23:40 am »

The rolls are coming. Stand by to stand by.

Unless you all complain loudly that you need more time. In which case I'll probably listen.

... [End of copy Pasta]

Well, actually, I'd like to reward you for putting up that sensible and imminently likable new votebox, so have some more time to implement that while I watch X-COM: WotC let's plays.
---

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 05, 2017, 10:28:55 am »

+ 1 to plan 1
+ 1 to flag 2
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 178