Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150790 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1035 on: September 01, 2017, 06:01:11 pm »

Quote from: votebox
Turtle up v2 : [1] : Kashyyk
Secure the flank : [2] : Jerick, helmacon
[/quote]
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 01, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »

Secure the flank : [3] : Jerick, helmacon, Blueturtle1134

Securing the Unfinished flank is a good idea, and will prevent the chance of a cross-Belt attack.

We seem to be a bit behind though - they have their own large ship now.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 02, 2017, 10:19:58 am »

Secure the flank : [4] : Jerick, helmacon, Blueturtle1134, BBBence1111
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 04, 2017, 02:47:31 pm »

Three Captains

The skiff originally driven into the mist is spotted by the Viper on watch as it tries to flee, appearing to head towards the Burned Mountain. A bit of clever signaling allows the high Viper to arrange a rather unpleasant surprise for the Wreth vessel as it tries to flee.

It's not much of a battle- the Wreth vessel barely realizes that it's been spotted before it's annihilated in a furious barrage of cannon fire.

Shortly after the Mercury leaves, but before the new reinforcing skiff from Spire Kasgyre arrives, another inbound Wreth Skiff is spotted, and it likewise is spotted from on high, its heading and position signaled, and is ambushed effectively. Honestly, it shows a rather cavalier disregard for human life for Wreth to just throw away aeronauts like this.

The reinforcing skiff arrives, and all else is quiet.

Inside the Spire

The situation in the caves is unchanged. Feints meet unvarying defense, and much jeering is given by both sides. Combined with the men lost from the last series of encounters, the casualties mount to an appreciable level for both sides, but it's an even exchange. At this rate, the battle will continue for a decade, and it'll just be a measure of who wants to throw more people at the problem.

Confirmed Kills: 1 Skyskiff, a Wreth Fireteam.
Losses: 25% of squad 1c.

The Unfinished

The mini-fleet of four skiffs at the Glowcove move into the airspace of the Unfinished, and encounter a single Wrethan scouting vessel.

The Wreth vessel attempts to avoid engaging in combat, and while the superior numbers of the hunting pack of Kasgyrite skiffs almost enable them to trap it and bring it down, it's able to escape into the mist before they can do more than knock on her shroud.

Spire Kasgyre

The Mercury returns home safely.

With marine and skiff reserves replete, all is well at Spire Kasgyre.

Event: With Flying Colors

The flag of a ship is an important symbol, both for national pride and for identifying whether the ship you're shooting at actually needs to die. The flags from before the war were often heavily varied, and often only bore the national symbol in a single quadrant, while the flag of the ship's owner dominated the center.

However, given the length of this war, that can no longer stand. A new design of the national flag needs to created, one that can be flown from any airship to clearly indicate its origin and loyalties, one that can inspire our men and bring terror to our foes. A flag is needed that can carry Kasgyre's honor in the field, and can, one day, be flown from the top of Spire Wreth to announce our victory.

It is now the beginning of 362 AR

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
13/y Crystal, 21/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 34/85 banked
19/y Wood, 66/95 banked
10/y Silk, 45/50 banked

It is now the design and project maintenance phase. You have six dice to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 04, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »

Also, on the subject of orders and tactics. You're not able to implement conditionals yet.

So X Until Y Then Z doesn't work- so your Scouting Until Engaged Then AAM is just Scouting at the moment.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 04, 2017, 03:06:57 pm »

So would an Officer's School project or something akin allow us to do conditionals then? Or would we need some other way to get that upgrade?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 04, 2017, 03:07:55 pm »

So would an Officer's School project or something akin allow us to do conditionals then? Or would we need some other way to get that upgrade?

Something like an OCS would be a way to go.
---

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 04, 2017, 04:39:40 pm »

After some discussion on discord I came up with a couple of options for the flags.
Spoiler: flag options (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 04, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »

My suggestion for designs/revisions this turn:

Spend a die on the signal flashers to try and finish that off, plus a die and a rush on Vertical Envelopment. We'll have to spend a die or two to fix the bugs, but at 18 COWS per progress roll, that thing is expensive. I'd also like to revise the crossbow for cost, to bring it in line with aether gauntlets and flintlock rifles. That still leaves three dice for things, but I'm sure we can come up with something.

Finally, I prefer the second option of Jerick's flags. I'd suggest altering the shades of those colours though for higher contrasts though. In poor conditions those dark colours will all blur together.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:06:38 pm by Kashyyk »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 04, 2017, 06:41:41 pm »

Crown: Yes
Colours: yes
Fancy: yes!

It still needs a very fancy gold border, and I would replace the cat with a spider. What do cats have to do with Kasgyre?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 04, 2017, 06:44:26 pm »

Crown: Yes
Colours: yes
Fancy: yes!

It still needs a very fancy gold border, and I would replace the cat with a spider. What do cats have to do with Kasgyre?

Don't give those spiderqueen theorists anything to jump on. Our ferocity does not need an enemy to demonstrate.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 04, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »

How about a spider on one side and a cat on the other both facing outwards to intimidate the enemy.

The three extra dice should be spent on better something basic.  Cannons, lift crystals, trim web, something to further improve our viper and add something to survivability for the skiffs.

Advanced trim web or better basic cannons would be my vote.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 04, 2017, 10:09:58 pm »

How about a spider on one side and a cat on the other both facing outwards to intimidate the enemy.
+1

We should revise: Skyskiff hull trimweb variant.
No, I'm not talking about a production pattern. I mean a hull variant. The only reason trim webs cost ore and wood is because we have to refit the hulls. If we manufacture the hulls properly, we can save up to 2 ore and 6 wood per trim web skyskiff, or produce them at the same rate we currently produce standard skyskiffs. Which would let our skiffs actually mean something in a battle.

Viper hull trimweb variant could also be useful. Save us up to 6 ore and 18 wood per viper.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 04, 2017, 10:41:05 pm »

Just to put it on the record here instead of just in the Discord, I vote for the second flag.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 04, 2017, 10:53:09 pm »

I think everyone seems to forget how powerful the Vanguard Cannon is, if we can reduce the Ore Cost and build a special light mount or a general medium mount than we're going to have such a powerful Cannon that can dominate every fight. Our current Kettle LAC fire once every 6 seconds for the first minute, than slow down to a shot every 30 seconds if I'm correct. The Vanguard Cannon has a consistent fire every 2.4 seconds of the same fire blast, this thing has more than 10x fire rate of the Kettlegun after a minute of combat goes by. This thing will pretty much dominate every aerial combat it sees

Secondly on strategy, we have been continuously reinforcing the Three Captains, Im pretty sure Bait and Strike is becoming a weaker strategy of acquiring territory every turn. It should be switched to Defensive Fire, or whatever else aggressive tactic to claim territory.

Quote from: Designs and Projects
Designs:
None (1): Shadowclaw

Projects:
Vanguard Cannon (1): 3 Die: Shadowclaw
Signal Flashers (1): 1 Die: Shadowclaw
Verticals Envelopment
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 178