Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you guys like the layout of the turns?

Yes, I don't think anything should be changed.
- 2 (66.7%)
No, I think the turns are hard to read / No, I think it's hard to find my roll in the turn
- 1 (33.3%)
Yes, but here's what I think should be changed: (Make a post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 12, 2017, 11:24:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Roll for rolls | It's quitting time  (Read 19773 times)

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for rolls | Disaster Metropolis
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2017, 11:20:17 am »

Keep going until I find my way to an elevator, I do want to get out of this building eventually.

[5] You walk around this floor until the find the elevator. You open up the doors, and low and behold the elevator isn't there. Jump and slide down the elevator cables, down the elevator shaft, and open the hatch at the top of the elevator. You hop in and go out the bottom floor, and noticing a cold blooded killer try to enter the lobby, go through the back door. You're now outside, finally! You take a deep breath of fresh air. Ahhh.

now that my job is done, start the robbery like I intended to. Take the waitlisted people hostage!

"Dustan, great job. Stand by for your contract reward and future orders."

A plane flies overhead and a small pod shoots out from it, heading fast towards the ground. A parachute deploys from the top, and it lands at your feet. Inside, you find a "Concussive 'Floor Clearer' Grenade". You add it to your inventory.

[2] With Ziizo dead and your objective completed, you head over to the front door. It's locked. What the hell! You try to break in by throwing a brick, but it bounces off the plasteel glass and comes straight for your head! [6] You dodge-roll out of the way and it hits the remaining swat unit in the head, knocking him out forever.

Change the die to a d12 with the following roll table:
/snip/

[1] Oh no! You've cursed your next life. Everyone else in the void room you're waiting in laughs at you. You have a feeling you're going to be really unlucky.

Repair staff.

[1] What was four pieces of a broken staff is now a finely ground powder. You REALLY suck at repairing things. The dust blows away in the wind, and some of it gets in your eyes! [BLINKING POWER: 5] You flood your eyes with water and spray out the dust from your eye sockets. You wipe away the water from your eyes in case anyone sees you. Nobody does.

Head off in my new shoes in search of the nearest bar.

[4] You roam around the city in search of a decent bar. The shoes feel nice on your feetsies! You round a corner and walk down some steps, and enter a bar called 'Maddy's Pub'. You get some drinks but overall the experience is terrible.

A player has entered the game!

Quote from: Cronos5010
ENTER THE GAME

You awake to the sound of someone beating on a window. You observe your surroundings. You're in what appears to be a lobby. There's an open elevator to your left, around the corner from that is an open door leading outside, and to your right is a scary looking lunatic banging on the front doors. He appears armed.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for rolls | It's quitting time
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2017, 11:29:55 am »

Sorry for the double post, but I'm looking into online whiteboards or paint programs with an instant upload to something like imgur. Something I can edit a map with easily, and then click a button and you guys can look at it.

I found one I like called Kleki, and it has everything I need EXCEPT everything is freehand, which makes it hard to draw a city.

Any suggestions? I do not want to pay for it.

EDIT: You guys are getting this at the end of every turn now. Merry christmas!

https://gyazo.com/c9540cedb766216659c66ee0d659756e

Also, I've looked at Cronos' post history and he's not very active. I'll continue without him if he doesn't post, but in 2 days I'll replace him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:13:12 pm by sakiskid »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2017, 12:14:08 pm »

Yes! Get some actual medical attention, see where the closest hospital is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2017, 12:32:57 pm »

Use the powdery water that flowed out of my eyes to create a wand out of what is left of my staff.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:59 pm »

well, no harm done. He probably would of turned on me after I started robbing the place.
Plasteel glass? The hell is this place, a glitterworld? Pick (or override, if it's electronic) the door lock
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

kealmcking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2017, 01:38:13 pm »

Order the most biggest alcohol they have
"I'm not like other, because when they thinking they do but when I'm thinking I'm not do I'm think n think and than start doing"

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »

Yes! Get some actual medical attention, see where the closest hospital is.

[4] You recognize the building in front of you as the hospital! They take you in and fix up all of your cuts and bruises.

A nerdy looking doctor comes up to you. "Here's the situation, PAL. If ya want some fingers back, we have an experimental machine that may or may not be able to help you with... those." He points to your stubs. "So what's it gonna be, PAL?"

Use the powdery water that flowed out of my eyes to create a wand out of what is left of my staff.

[1] Dude. You are really unlucky. You try to create a staff out of the tiny bits of dust and powdered water, and cast a water spell in the process. The spell goes haywire, and backfires on you!
[Roll against transmutation: 2] [Body part: 4] The spell explodes, and creates a blinding light. When the light is gone, you see no staff. Disappointed, you stand up, and your leg creaks. God damn it!

(Wooden leg. -1 to running and jumping.)

well, no harm done. He probably would of turned on me after I started robbing the place.
Plasteel glass? The hell is this place, a glitterworld? Pick (or override, if it's electronic) the door lock

[2 +pistols] You try to pick the lock but realize you have nothing to do it with! You take aim at the lock with your pistol. You fire, but it hits the glass and rebounds back into the air! You watch it fly into the distant sky. For a split second, you think you see a giant angry head in the sky above the clouds. You blink, and it's gone. Must have been your imagination.

Quote from:  Cronos
AFK

You stand up too fast in your confusion, and the blood rushes to your head. You fall unconscious, again.

Order the most biggest alcohol they have

[4] You order there most biggerest alchohol they have, and two your surprised they haved only the biggester alcohol! You are at leased happy with this, so you drunk the alcholo down into youre stomach, it tastes good, the alochol it good for oyour boody so you hav dirnk mor n mor ntil u get a bonust four ur netx tern, ur tolderdance is sow loe it olnyl lats ford won most morest turnfgnhnnnng

(Drunk. +1 to next action)

https://gyazo.com/afffb21a545cbfb136224adc2dee503e
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:45:35 pm by sakiskid »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »

edited action: looks like I need some lockpicking equipment or bolt cutters. Go find a hardware store and get some.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:52:44 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »

Hey, I'm not the one that shot the lock in frustration!  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kealmcking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2017, 02:07:31 pm »

Step outside and attempt to fly into the sky
"I'm not like other, because when they thinking they do but when I'm thinking I'm not do I'm think n think and than start doing"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2017, 02:18:29 pm »

Nobody shoots a lock out of frustration. For one, that doesn't work to break the lock unless it's a .50 caliber bullet, and for two it is a waste of perfectly good ammunition to do so regardless since bolt-cutters and grinders exist.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »

Nobody shoots a lock out of frustration. For one, that doesn't work to break the lock unless it's a .50 caliber bullet, and for two it is a waste of perfectly good ammunition to do so regardless since bolt-cutters and grinders exist.

[Sakiskid rolls to defend himself: 2]

Hey man.. I'm just the guy. The guy that rolls the dice! Don't yell at me!

You also didn't have any bolt-cutter or grinders. And a good roll would've broken the lock.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »

But on the same note most buildings have security systems, so you didn't have to directly force a wound on me, and instead could of put me in a tight situation with a security force or law enforcement!
continue tirade against GM!
Edit: additionally, since you had me use my handgun, my pistol skills should of played into the outcome!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:38:21 pm by Dustan Hache »

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2017, 02:41:17 pm »

But on the same note most buildings have security systems, so you didn't have to directly force a wound on me, and instead could of put me in a tight situation with a security force or law enforcement!
continue tirade against GM!
Edit: additionally, since you had me use my handgun, my pistol skills should of played into the outcome!

I agree that the pistol skill should have affected it, I had forgotten (as well as you, until your edit). I'll change your roll because of that.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2017, 08:16:03 pm »

Try to wake up and get the hell away from the scary man wielding a weapon because well duh

((OOC: I am not on a American time zone))
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13