Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you guys like the layout of the turns?

Yes, I don't think anything should be changed.
- 2 (66.7%)
No, I think the turns are hard to read / No, I think it's hard to find my roll in the turn
- 1 (33.3%)
Yes, but here's what I think should be changed: (Make a post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 12, 2017, 11:24:38 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll for rolls | It's quitting time  (Read 19778 times)

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll for rolls | It's quitting time
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »

CURRENT CHARACTER INFO: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Au3rbQL05QFug-5uBE0d9daPTUxoBw
^ That's microsoft online, don't know why the link is so sketchy.  ::)

RULES:
-Typical 1-6 rolls
-If you're skilled in something, you get +1 to all rolls using that skill. Example, jumping over fences or mind control.
-Rules are subject to change throughout the game.
-Turn time limit is a day. You will be put on AI. A day after that, you will be put on suicidal AI.

RULES CONTINUED: MECHANICS
- DEATH'S DOOR: Being seriously injured, failing an extremely critical roll, or another player rolling perfectly against you can all trigger deaths door. Roll a 5-6 to avoid this being triggered. Being seriously injured or rolling a 1 while on death's door will bring you closer and closer to death. On the third strike, you're out. You can get out of death's door by healing yourself if you're mortally wounded, or getting out of the currently dangerous situation.

CHARACTER SHEET:
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Starting Item:

Current Objective: Do whatever you want! Make up and objective or just fuck around. Something will turn up eventually.

You're working on the 78th floor of a skyscraper owned by an extremely prestigious company. Everyone is gonna start out sitting at their desk when they get the sudden urge to do something. Have fun! We'll start when some more people get in here.

Current Players: NRDL, Cronos5010, Oceansoul, Dustan Hache, Kealmcking

Waiting List:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:46:35 am by sakiskid »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for rolls | It's quitting time
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:46:57 pm »

Name: NRDL
Skill 1: Judo
Skill 2: Complimenting other people
Starting item: Stress ball.

Go to the bathroom.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:51:55 pm »

Go to the bathroom.

[4]

You go to the bathroom just fine. You pass Jimmy the Giant's desk on the way there, and offer him a kind smile. Your bodily functions function well in the bathroom, and you compliment yourself on your performance. Damn, you're good.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »

CHARACTER SHEET: Ziizo
Skill 1: Sleeping
Skill 2: Playing RTD's
Starting Item: Cellphone
Stop procrastinating and go back to work
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »

Stop procrastinating and go back to work

[1]

You attempt to stop procrastinating but your cellphone is just too damn tempting. Your boss walks by and notices you're on your phone. Again.
"Ziizo that's it. You either eat that phone or get out of my building. You're FIRED." He slaps you on the back of the head and walks away.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

CHARACTER SHEET: Steve
Skill 1: Parkour
Skill 2: Running
Starting Item: Black Running Nike

Run away from the police for being detected parkouring in a no trespassing area
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:44:26 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Head back to desk and work, complimenting everybody on the way there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run away from the police for being detected parkouring in a no trespassing area

[2 - running]

You bust through a middle-aged bald mans office, paperwork flying everywhere. This buildings security is right on your tail. You wall-run around a corner (which is very cool) but hit your face on a closed door. You've now got a big bump on your forehead, and security is tackling you to the ground. As security is tackling you, you spot Ziizo getting fired.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

CHARACTER SHEET: Tidanson
Skill 1: Ocean Magic
Skill 2: Swimming
Starting Item: Magic Sapphire Staff

Flood the basement of this building with ocean water.

Give me a minute. Sorry, didn't see bottom paragraph of OP.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:43:32 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head back to desk and work, complimenting everybody on the way there.

[6]

You head back to your desk, complimenting literally everyone on the way back.

[4 - complimenting] "Hey Jimmy the Giant, you're looking especially giant today!" Jimmy grins.
[6 - complimenting] "Howdy Ziizo, congratulations on losing your job!" Somehow he feels a bit better about the whole situation.
[5 - complimenting] "Great job running, PaPaj," You shout at him right before he gets tackled.
[6 - complimenting] "But you're doing an even better job tackling," You whisper to the security guard.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Use my awsome parkour skills to get away from the security try to beat the shit outta him
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 04:47:50 pm »

Continue working, see if I can finish the work faster than the schedule expects.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »

Jump out of the building try to land on a cloud for a nap
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just as a heads up, after this roll I'll be doing rolls at every half hour or so at minimum. This allows everyone to get their rolls in pretty quickly today. At least until the game starts really picking up.

Also, how should I do rolls with a bonus if the nat is 6? Keep it at 6, or round back over to 1?

Flood the basement of this building with ocean water.

I like your character :) can you explain what you mean by Transfiguration? And we can roll with what we have going, don't worry about changing it up.

[4]

You head over to the elevator, but none of the buttons seem to be working. You look around for an exit sign or a stairwell but you can't seem to find those, either. Who designed this building?!

Use my awsome parkour skills to get away from the security try to beat the shit outta him

[6][Parkour]

The security guard tackles you but years of stretching has given your body a lot of mobility. You spin your spine around like a cat that's upside down in the air, and deftly slide out of his grasp. Now behind him, you use his back as a stepping stone to run back down the hallway. Crack. Whoops, you broke his spine 1/3 of the way from the top. He falls onto the ground screaming in agony. "MY LEGS! I CANT MOVE MY FUCKING LEGS! AHHHH!!"

Continue working, see if I can finish the work faster than the schedule expects.

[6] Damn, a lot of 6's.

You sit back down on your desk and power on your computer. Oh shit! You have a virus! Luckily, it was created by a kind person and the virus quickly finishes all of your TPS Reports and cover sheets. Whatever the hell it is you were working on, it's been finished months in advance. Enjoy your free time!

Jump out of the building try to land on a cloud for a nap

[5]

You sprint full speed at a window, and burst through it. You successfully land on the one cloud that's outside of the building, and proceed to nap. [3 - sleeping] The nap is just okay.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 05:04:52 pm »

Well, OK. I simply meant changing one thing into another. But, do you mind me using Swimming as my second skill, instead?

Use a firepole to get down to the basement.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13