Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29329 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #735 on: October 24, 2017, 02:29:30 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Gotcha. O-oh shit."
Dock the drone, dock the drone, dock the drone.
Put the other drones on overwatch, if the entity tries to grab the drone, shoot it.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 24, 2017, 07:08:18 am »

Stella will note down her findings, attempting to regain the lost distance for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:47 am »

"I don't supposed they used tunable lasers on this scow?" If tunable lasers are installed, change laser frequency to something that may work and try to blast it, else keep on scannin'
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 26, 2017, 02:38:00 pm »

The sensor readings tracked the creature, feeding tactical data to the other consoles and displays as it made chase, gaining ground quickly. [Sensors 99, +10 to all other rolls this round]

There was a mass spike around the drone, and the signal was lost. Laser fire raked it, and it was destroyed, but not before firing a hard burn, catapulting the creature towards the ship. [Commando 79 vs Drones 46]

Stella took the controls and started a turn to avoid the incoming entity, but it was too late. With it's added speed it was clamped back onto the hull with a series of loud thumps. [Commando 79 vs Command 31]

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 26, 2017, 02:46:37 pm »

"I am really starting to get tired of this thing. Really, really tired of it" Christian growls. "Now that it is too close for shipboard weapons, anyone have any good ideas? Tina, is it near one of the reactor emergency vents by any chance?"

Christian keeps a close eye (sensor?) on the HK, but keeps his PDW close to hand. (I can't wait to trade this POC in for a K3)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:18:09 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 26, 2017, 03:22:39 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"What vents? We're a space ship, not a steam ship."
Tina looks around, thinking. She paces around the deck in a hurry.
"How do I... how do I... We can't risk it tearing out the life support, or the containment. And we lack the weapons to hurt it... unless it's here."
Tina turns to the others.
"We must lure it here, we hurt it here, we must make it appear again. Otherwise it'll tear away parts until it grabs something important."
Tina goes to the door to the bridge, and opens it. Then she shouts in the Alien Language. In the direction where the entity would be.
In Alien Language: "Come and face me!"
Tina unholsters her pistols, and is ready to shoot if it appears again. She's given up on diplomacy, unless it actually responds, rather than repeat her own words back to her.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 26, 2017, 09:14:50 pm »

Stella will do much of the same, watching Tina and the rear modules.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 27, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »

The Horror Knight appeared, sword raised high, and stabbed into an already broken console. Electricity arched out through him as the team opened fire. [Tina Linguistics 45, Marketing 60, Horror Knight Attack 9]

The team rained bullets on it. A last wail of agony was all that was heard of it as it slumped to the deck, then grew into a writhing mass of tentacles, which slowly shrank down into an orb of flesh, then a point, disappearing into nothing. [Tina 102, Stella 54, Christian Natural 100]

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 27, 2017, 07:46:21 pm »

Stella sits back in the pilot's chair, rubbing her face as she checks the console for the mass increases.

"I fear that we have done something terrible. We may have killed a god."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 27, 2017, 07:51:55 pm »

"Well, I for one am perfectly happy with this result." Christian takes a look around "damn, I hope they don't take this out of our pay. Ok, anyone up for one last pass to make sure the rushers are gone, or should we head straight back? We do have Sertain to worry about, and this thing" he thumps the wall "isn't in the best shape anymore."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:45:11 pm by milo christiansen »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 27, 2017, 08:16:51 pm »

There was a hissing sound as an inert coolant gas released from where Christian thumped the wall, filling the cabin with a thin smoke as it puttered out, followed by a rumbling as the air processors started to filter it.

The sensors showed no mass readings that were inconsistent or changing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 27, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »

"Ok, that answers that question. Straight home it is." Christian ponders the wall leak for a bit "Tina, I'm guessing you'll be busy on the trip home, please don't let us blow up" he grins "I'll try to get solid reading on the rushers before we leave, just in case they are up to something, and so we have some Intel if we need to come back."

Scan the area, looking for anything of interest, rushers in particular.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:05:07 pm by milo christiansen »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 27, 2017, 10:44:43 pm »

If the rushers aren't still a threat, Stella will begin to plot a course home.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2017, 02:42:48 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I... I'd rather have... t-talked. It left us... n-no choice."
Tina grabs her multitool, and starts trying to fix the coolant leak.
"Maybe going in... g-guns blazing... wasn't such a g-good idea."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 28, 2017, 04:52:59 pm »

Before setting out, Christian is able to determine that the rushers seem to have gone inert, and are floating in the field. No doubt a mining mission later will pick up what's left of them, but they all register the same as the bodies. [Sensors 76]

Tina is able to get the leak under control, and perform a few other small repairs. She spends most of the trip back doing maintenance, but the condition gets a little bit less bad every day until it's nearly under control. [Engineering 71]

Stella is able to plot a course, and this one is a little bit longer, giving Tina plenty of time to do repairs and a couple of weeks of downtime on the ship to read books, play video games, and otherwise have no one to talk to but each other. [Astrophysics 57]

The sample stays in it's container throughout the voyage. About two days out, on long range scans, Christian again begins to pick up the station. Radio traffic is faster and easier, and parts have been delivered by rocket.

Ahead looms a sensor shadow around the gateroom, a Castle Effect much like the Horror Knight's shadow, twisting gently in space. The sensors are unable to get a firm image of it - it's much farther away, and may be farther displaced in the 4th dimension.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53