Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29332 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #720 on: October 10, 2017, 01:10:37 pm »

Tina sat quickly down at the controls, typing furiously, encrypting access to critical tactical databases. She thinks that she was able to block access to any of the Zarastro's critical pieces of equipment and technical specifications. [Computers 108]

The screens were still flashing, and even this encryption seemed like it wouldn't hold forever. How long was impossible for you to gauge without having any kind of understanding of the equipment the Horror Knight was using, but a century or more if it was a terran-equivalent supercomputer.

Stella tried to buck and roll, shifting the ship violently. Mass increases along the inner hull showed the creature strengthening it's grip, holding tightly. The hull groaned audibly as if the creature was trying to tear it apart, but with Stella's piloting it was able to do little more than hold on. [Command 80, Commando 86]

The sensors registered mass increases along the inner hull where the creature was anchoring itself. 4D motion predicted an attack on Tina was incoming, but the pattern seemed to indicate it wanted a firm grip on the Zarastro for something more - likely it was going to continue to try to tear microfractures in the hull. [Sensors 99]

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 10, 2017, 04:09:16 pm »

"Incoming on Tina! Also, the bastard is trying to do a number to our hull!" Get ready to fill the HK with holes.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 10, 2017, 04:29:48 pm »

"Well, we gave it a chance to cease, and we gave it a chance to accept a retreat. It has taken neither," Stella responds, frowning a bit, as she does much of the same.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 10, 2017, 05:07:41 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina gets up, and wields the 4D limb. She then speaks in Castle Alien, or tries to.
In alien language:"If you understand this. I'm sorry it came to this."
Tina stands ready to swing the limb at the HK, when it appears to try and attack her.
Maybe it'll just hit them, or maybe it'll be like a whip and let her hang onto them, or maybe she fails to swing it in it's full four dimensions and it's banana sized.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 11, 2017, 12:55:18 pm »

Bullets showered around the Horror Knight as the ship rocked, knocking Christian and Evenglide off balance. Magnetic rounds lodged themselves firmly into the inner hull, missing key systems. [Christian 24, Stella 36]

Tina charged forward with the slick, softball sized piece of alien and took a swing with it in her hand, in case it would do something special. her first stopped in mid-air as an unseen force grabbed the sample, then the knight stepped forward and thrust his sword at her, cutting into the servomotors around her core. The armor made a whirring sound as lubricant leaked out. [Tina Martial Arts 65, HK 76]

The swordsman was gone again, but Tina still felt an extradimensional grip on the sample in her hand, holding it firmly, and pulling.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"G-gotcha."
Tina grabs the sample with both hands, and has the boots maglocked to the floor.
Tina assumes it's like getting a lasso on a bull, but is severely underestimating the size of said bull.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2017, 01:04:56 pm »

"Well, shit, oh well." Back to scanning for the HK
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 11, 2017, 05:18:44 pm »

"Shall I try to escape it once again?" Stella asks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 13, 2017, 10:42:51 pm »

"Sure, if you can get us in a position to use the main guns we could maybe ruin this thing's day in a hurry."

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 13, 2017, 11:35:38 pm »

She'll try to get the ship in such a position, then.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 14, 2017, 12:23:47 am »

The creature pulled at the sample, and Tina's suit lit up red as it lost contact with the fingers, and she was forced to let go. The creature lost the sample too and it rolled through the air and bounced on the deck plating as Stella fired the engines hard. Mass increases along the ship dissipated as the ship broke free of the creature. [Stella 79 vs 25, Tina 35 vs 32]

Christian had a sensor view of it apparently considering it's options, and beginning to make chase, displaced in the fourth dimension. [Sensors 73]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:28:18 am by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 14, 2017, 12:28:46 am »

"Well, we shook it off, but it doesn't seem to be obligingly popping in for the guns." Christian announces. "Do we try to stay ahead of it while waiting for a good shot, or do we try something else? I have a decent read on it for now, but who knows how long that will last."

Keep the HK on sensors.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 14, 2017, 03:40:57 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Sh-shit, there goes our sample. Well, maybe we can..."
Tina releases one drone from the ship, and tries to use it to grab the sample.
"Give me sensors on that sample."
Tina also starts calling the strafing drones back, to catch up with the ship, but avoid the castle effect and the ship for now.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2017, 04:33:27 pm »

Stella will try to figure out a plan of action for the ship.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2017, 01:17:55 am »

The creature may be displaced in the fourth dimension, but that's not the same as being unreachable. It's able to perceive the ship, so some kinds of radiation must travel in four dimensions. Stella reasons that with what they know about the entity's ability to interact with their computers, electromagnetic radiation must be able to do so. A plasma detonation can probably hurt it so long as it's nearby in the fourth dimension. Unfortunately, the plasma cannon is down, and no one brought a grenade. Still, there might be enough deuterium and parts onboard for a makeshift detonator. [Stella Astrophysics 96. Engineering may be attempted to jurry-rig a weapon from space reactor parts.]

Christian is able to confirm this. Analyzing the sensor logs, when the entity has appeared, it has been much hotter on the side facing the star. X-rays and ultraviolet light not confined to a laser beam must be radiating outward from the star in the 4th dimension. Gravity appears to be a factor as well. [Christian Sensors 94]

The drone launches, and an arm extends to grab the sample before it rolls off of the plane. [Tina Drones 106]

The entity continues to pursue, gaining on the ship. Even if you had a plasma detonator now, it's too close to deploy it. The drone is almost in reach. [HK 49]
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53