Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29327 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #765 on: October 31, 2017, 05:18:39 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Wh-what? Where'd it go? Oh no, quick, anyone got a scanner?!"
Tina looks between the others, hoping someone will scan or let her scan for the sample real quick.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:21:32 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 31, 2017, 05:22:09 pm »

"Yeah, I can scan for it, but how are you going to get it back?"

Help Tina look for the sample maybe the eggheads will think of a way to pull it back into 3D space. Even if they can't knowing where it is will be helpful.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 31, 2017, 05:27:26 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"O-oh, um... same way as last time, drones."
Tina goes looking for somewhere to control drones from. Be it the ship or the station's drone control center.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 31, 2017, 05:35:38 pm »

A small shadow flew away from the station like a rock thrown from a sling. It was consistent with the shadow-mass of the sample. It grew fainter and fainter, suggesting it was moving away in the fourth dimension.

Reviewing the records though, there was already a lot here to go on. Even without the piece in hand, the data collected on the trip back wound be quite valuable.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 31, 2017, 05:37:43 pm »

"I'm sorry Tina. It flew off along the fourth dimension at some point. We probably won't be able to get it back even if we could reach after it somehow."

Make sure the details are logged, the eggheads will probably want it anyway.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 31, 2017, 05:58:18 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"C-curses. I... I hope I don't get punished for this."
Tina will drop off the container anyway, at least there's more blood samples.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 31, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »

Stella shrugs. "Indeed. I recommend hurrying to preserve any organic matter."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 02, 2017, 05:33:57 pm »

Sertan would’ve caught up with the rest of the crew and got himself checked out by the station doctor just to make sure he was ok.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 04, 2017, 01:13:44 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"W-well... it should be s-safe now."
Tina takes off her space suit helmet. She then takes a breath of space station air, discomfort easing off, as she's no longer sealed inside the space suit.
Then Tina walks over to a vending machine and buys herself a carton of fruit juice. Fruit is healthy, and this counts as fruit, right?
Tina sits down on a bench, and drinks the juice with the drinking straw glued to the carton.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 08, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »

Mission 3 Report:
On this mission, the team was able to gather valuable data about a four-dimensional guardian native to the Castle Alien ruins. They engaged in combat with a small army of alien security and emerged victorious. The team was able to perform a detailed survey on a nearby section of asteroids, and confirmed the suitability of the Rigel system to mining and military manufacturing, as well as ongoing research. Due to the team's efforts, the sensor modules capable of detecting Castle Effects was refined to return better models of what have been discovered to be 4 dimensional objects.

Tina Murdoch, Chief Engineer - 100 shares
Ms. Murdoch continues to greatly exceed expectations, taking on leadership roles and engaging in lateral thinking. In addition to her impeccable work in her repair and drone duties, she assisted the command officer with course plotting, developed and improved a computer model for predicting the motion of a 4 dimensional enemy, and gathered weeks of scientific data on a 4D biosample. Although the biosample could not be contained indefinitely in a 3D holding container, the data has proven invaluable, allowing further refinements of Ms. Murdoch's sensor algorithm. She was also the only officer to attempt to negotiate a settlement with the Horror Knight, though she was ultimately unsuccessful. Akras recommends that Ms. Murdoch continue to be assigned positions that require lateral and creative thinking.

Sertan Tarf, Tactical Officer - 40 shares
Mr. Tarf's execution of this mission was mixed. Akras notes that as always, his marksmanship was excellent, particularly with the laser cannons, but also in ship-board combat. Akras' tactical analysts confirm that Mr. Tarf is not to blame for his injuries, which were largely unavoidable due to the unusual nature of his assailant, though they did prevent him from concluding his mission. Mr. Tarf did not display the ingenuity of a command officer, but acquitted himself adequately for the role of tactical officer. Akras notes that due to his overload of the plasma coils, the crew were forced to improvise tactically, and recommends that Mr. Tarf consider training with plasma weaponry before applying for a tactical position again. Akras notes Mr. Tarf's professionalism and level-headedness under disturbing conditions, and recommends him for future missions involving direct contact and combat with alien life.

Stella Evenglide, Command Officer - 70 shares
Ms. Evenglide performance as Command Officer was above average. She was able to perform maneuvers in a combat situation within an uncharted asteroid field, and her piloting skills were able to clear the deck of a rusher attack. She was forced to request assistance in course navigation from the Chief Engineer. After Mr. Tarf was injured, Ms. Evenglide suggested several new forms of attack that would simulate a plasma bombardment. Ultimately, these plans were not used, as the Horror Knight was finally defeated in a boarding action, however in this time Ms. Evenglide was able to save a fellow employee's life, saving the company from having to seek a replacement. Ms. Evenglide can claim partial credit for the scans of the asteroid field due to her course decisions. Akras recommends Ms. Evenglide for future command positions, with a recommendation that she be less reluctant to take on leadership roles in future missions, and consider navigational astrophysics certification.

Jon Christian, Survey Officer - 80 shares
Mr. Christian's survey work was impeccable, and he was able to easily distinguish himself. Mr. Christian's survey data of the asteroid field has informed immediate mining and expansion decisions, but he is truly distinguished by his actions during the conflict, where he was able to work with Engineering to develop a sensor model to read and predict the movements of a previously unknown class of enemy, a four-dimensional 'Horror Knight'. Whenever systems or strategy were under consideration, Mr. Christian was able to meaningfully advance the discussion, applying a range of skills and good tactical sense. Akras will continue to recommend Mr. Christian as a support unit whenever data acquisition is required, and recommends that he consider astrophysics courses to maximize his ability to leverage sensor data.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:16:27 pm by retromach »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 10, 2017, 11:45:34 pm »

Side Mission 1: Kansas City Hustle

A shuttle thrust away from Virgin Mars, a space station and travel hub in orbit over Terra Cimmeria. It was a small private shuttle owned by the Akras Corporation, with a dozen bedrooms and common room arrayed in a loop around the engineering hub. It's walls glistened white, interspersed with expensive modern artwork, polished cocobolo cabinets, and pleasantly plain control panels. The common room was dominated by a conference table, and a circle of chairs and couches around a 3 meter hydroponically maintained garden.

Onboard, Akras Chief Financial Officer Steward Blofeld was on his way to New York.

A news broadcaster spoke grimly on the displays. "The United States edges towards war as it delivers the Latin American Union an ultimatum: return assets seized from United Monsanto Foods within one week, or the United States will consider it an act of war."

Blofeld insisted on keeping CNN on for the entire trip. He'd arranged an elite security detail for this mission. Sertan Tarf, Stella Evenglide, Jon Christian, Tina Murdoch, and her domestic drone Priscilla, were all onboard with him. A countdown timer on the board room table indicated an hour until tonight's meal, saffron lamb kashmiri with spiced okra, white rice, and naan. It'd been a few days, and the ship seemed to have a different preset meal set for each. It would be another week to Earth.

The news was pervasive in every meal and difficult to ignore. The Latin American Union had nationalized the food production industry as malnutrition spread in the wake of austerity brought on by ever-reducing taxable income. The United States was threatening to intervene. Budget measures to finance a war were underway in Congress, and looked likely to succeed.

Blofeld broke the silence as an advertisement for cybernetic urethras came on, promising seniors the freedom to explore without worrying about difficult catheters. "There's a debate in Congress that the United States should act as the armed security wing of it's corporation, providing soldiers and starships to guard you from rivals in exchange for an elevated tax rate. It hasn't reached the news yet, but our lobbyist brought it to my attention shortly before you were contacted."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 11, 2017, 12:02:31 am »

"Will this affect our mission, sir? I would like your impressions." Christian shrugs expressively "one thing I learned long ago, in the bodyguard business sometimes the principal knows things the briefing lacks, after all you are the expert here."

A bit a flattery and concern from an underling never hurt anyone.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:04:49 am by milo christiansen »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 11, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »

Stella looks supremely unamused. "Does the LAU have any major allies?" she asks. Pausing for a moment, she adds, "and how can their own people not be fed when there is enough food to feed the world a few times over?"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2017, 02:37:02 am »

Mr. Blofeld nodded. "It's why we're here. Akras has no interest in having the United States present military occupation on every new world we find, it reduces the number of buyers we can sell offworld access to, and we have no interest in preventing weapon sales to either side. We're going to take up the Finnish government on an incentive package, with five years of tax exemption, in exchange for moving our main office there. This whole thing should blow over by the time that expires, and we can ask the United States for incentives to return. That means withdrawing from the NASDAQ and registering for the European Stock Exchange, which requires me to sign papers in New York. So, keep an eye on the news. If it breaks that we're doing this, we can expect trouble. Otherwise, it should be a smooth trip."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 12, 2017, 03:07:35 am »

Sertan, who had no interest in politics, will stand guard and go about his other duties.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53