Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29343 times)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #645 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:44 am »

"Well we keep shooting them of course." Sertan does just that and fires lasers.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 19, 2017, 06:16:29 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I-if we get rid of... the Rushers. I could get a drone around, or maybe... we can deploy astronauts. It's a risk, b-but... maybe it can't detect... small objects. Which is why it didn't hurt anyone while the station was intact."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 19, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »

Tina and Sertan cut down the Rushers in the field, lasers streaking behind asteroids and catching movement. Between them they only managed to kill 20 of the Rushers.
 1640 remain. [Sertan 54, Tina 35]

Christian scanned out targets, the sensors bleeping as it saw a concentration of Rushers on the back of the approaching asteroid. Stella made a hard burn, hurling the Zarastro out of the way as dozens of rushers leaped from the rock, trailing behind the ship like guided missiles, curving towards it. [Piloting 98. Sensors 107. Also gain +10 on targeting next turn]

The Castle Effect Field flew through another asteroid, and a moment later flitted on as the asteroid was suddenly hurtling into the path of the ship. [Unknown 72]

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 19, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"D-deploying..."
Tina deploys the two last drones, and uses them to shoot at the rushers coming toward the ship.
She names them, Defense 1 and Defense 2.
"Last two drones, deployed."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 19, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »

"That anomaly is starting to piss me off."

Scan for targeting.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 19, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »

It must be doing something with those asteroids. You haven't managed to collect any scans of it so far.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:42 am »

Stella will continue trying to evade.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 20, 2017, 08:09:46 am »

Sertan continues to lay down covering fire on the rushers. "How much longer are we gonna be in here?"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 22, 2017, 01:13:17 am »

Tina launched and activated automatic target acquisition for Defense 1 and Defense 2. Taking up defensive points close by the hull on either side of the ship, the drones hampered maneuvering, but quickly dispatched the rushers that were falling towards the ship. [Drones 54, Defense1 78, Defense2 7. 40 rushers killed, 1600 remain. Ship takes -10 dicetype on next maneuver.]

With Forward 1 and Forward 2 in position and flushing out enemy targets, and Flank 1 and Flank 2 covering major routes of escape, the Rushers were herded heavily into laser fire. Sertan reviewed his program, targeting blasts on five screens at once, tapping and sweeping and cycling power with practiced excellence. [Lasers 156. 200 rushers killed. 1400 remain]

The ship rolled and swung, bringing the engines towards anti-normal, and Stella fired them, dodging another rock. It hurled off into space with another 40 rushers on the back. [Command 92. 1360 remain in the area]

Another asteroid moves out towards you, more slowly. The Castle Effect Field still inside of it for several seconds. [Unknown 47]

Targeting information collection remains steady, consuming little time. Looking over some of the anomalous data, you're seeing an interesting pattern. The castle effect field seems to be somewhat smaller now, and reviewing the sensor logs it always seemed to contract while accelerating an asteroid, and it seems to correlate with a spike in the asteroid's mass. [Sensors 101. +10 sensors on targeting, a useful clue]

Unfortunately, Christian has no idea what that means. It might be worth taking some time to run it through the databases. [Astrophysics 38, failure. Can retry.]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:38:47 am by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 22, 2017, 01:35:55 am »

"Hey, this anomaly is acting very... Weird. I'm not sure what to make of it. Unless someone else wants to do it, I'm going to run it past the computers a few times, see if I can get anything useful out of this data."

Examine the anomaly data in more detail, unless someone with apropriate skills wants to (probably not, I think everyone is kinda busy) If someone else does take over examinating of the data, then keep scaning for targeting.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 22, 2017, 03:20:58 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Docking drones."
Tina docks Defense 1 and Defense 2.
"Odd, it's slow... it could be weakened, by the decrease in Rushers."
Tina continues to have the drones try to flush out Rushers.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 22, 2017, 03:41:44 pm »

Stella'll keep trying to avoid the rocks.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 22, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »

Sertan will continue to fire the lasers at any incoming threats.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 23, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »

Stella turns to evade the asteroid. There's another anomalous mass reading, and the asteroid suddenly shifts course, the Castle Effect field attempting to follow, chasing the Zarastro between asteroids as it's orbit height dips into the field, unable to catch it. [Unknown 51, Command 89]

Sertan cuts down another 20 of the rushers as the ship's position bucks and changes, now being chased, providing fewer lines of fire as in the distance behind you, Rushers leap and overrun asteroids, making chase. [Lasers 59. 1380 Rushers remain]

Tina programs in some strafing runs from a safe distance, setting the drones to automatic target acquisition from a safe distance. They begin to fire on their own. [Drones 106. The drones use a base 100 dicetype for this program, +5 dicetype for each assistant]

The drones aren't able to find clear shots as they fan out, relieving some pressure on pursuers. [Drones roll 11 this round.]

Christian makes the connection. The unusual readings without a source, the anomalous mass readings. Flatlanders. The ship, the crew, you're all flatlanders, fighting something capable of moving, possibly existing in four dimensions. The Castle Effect must be some sort of shadow or signal being projected from a space above or below this one in the fourth dimension. A computers check may be able to estimate what is either ana or kata from the field, and which - though humans had no technology or capacity to interact with objects in the fourth dimension. [Astrophysics 78]

It may also be possible to harm it. If these anomalous mass readings indicate a part of the entity or ship passing through our plane of the fourth dimension, it may be possible to damage it while there is an anomalous mass reading.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 23, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »

"I'm tired of these things. Switching to plasma weapons." Sertan switches to the plasma cannon and fires on the rushes and if possible the Castle Effect.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53