Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29340 times)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #675 on: September 24, 2017, 12:41:15 am »

Sertan fires up the lasers again."Alright I'll start laying down covering fire on the Anomaly."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 24, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »

Sertan focused hard on the lasers, trying to shoot the Rushers off the hull, but the close targets made it difficult as the rushers came at the turrets themselves, grabbing and clawing at them. Half of them were cut down as Stella kept the ship steady. [Lasers 52, Rushers 34, Command 13]

Murdoch and Christian sat at their consoles, trying to clear up the image and the sensor readings, unable to clarify the matter. The best Christian could give was a hastily shouted 'Heads up!' as consoles and lights flickered.[Computers 14, Sensors 35]

Inky black protrusions came from behind nothing, circling around Sertan and yanking him from his console. An armored figure seemed to appear floating in the cockpit, with tendrils from his arms, legs, back, and sides disappearing behind nothing, and sliced at Sertan. He raised an arm to block most of the blow, but the blade cut in deep, shearing through his armor and cutting to the bone of Sertan's upper arm. [Martial arts 117, Commando 59]

The figure seemed to disappear again as the blade penetrated deep, and Sertan felt an inexplicable inwards ripping motion. He landed well enough, curled as the inky protrusions threw him to the roof and vanished.The lighting returned to normal. The team realized that the attacker had lept through their plane in the 4th dimension swinging, grabbed Sertan, and cut him before landing somewhere kata from the ship. [Astrophysics 66]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:51:26 pm by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:55 pm »

"Shit! Sertan, are you all right? Damn it, we need to take that anomaly down NOW!"

Scan for anomaly targeting again.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 24, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Wh-what? How? How is that possible?"
Tina is about to order her drones to fire, but assumes the castle presence could ride the signal.
Tina continues trying to clear up the reading.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:42 pm »

Stella'll try to do spin the ship laterally to shake off the rushers.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »

“God damn it why am I always the one that gets stabbed. Yeah I’m ok I guess. Nothing broken. Just gotta patch up my arm.” Sertan will do a quick patch and return to the lasers. “As soon as you get a lock in it I’ll fire.”

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »

Sertan stumbled towards the medical unit in the corner of the room. Placing his arm into it he orders arterial sutures, surface sealant, and local anaesthetic. The arm would be useless for hours, but Sertan no doubt felt relieved not to lose it more permanently. [Biology 71]

Stella put the ship into a hard roll as the crew braced. Rushers were hurled off the outside, but a few new mass spikes registered on sensors as the creature shifted it's grip, but appeared to be unable to attack. [Command 73, Rushers 61, Unknown Entity commando 77, Martial Arts 29]

Gripping her console as the ship rolled hard, Tina cleared the image a little more, revealing a figure in black armor, with barely visible inky black flesh, as if now composed of whatever material the 4 dimensional parts were made of, as well as clearing up the prediction algorithms. What she could see was unmistakable - this was the armor of the Horror Knight, but on something alive and inhuman, not just a larger Rusher. [Computers 56]

Christian did much the same, using the newly acquired data. The creature was moving towards Stella, preparing to strike. [Sensors 91. Can attempt to attack with personal weapons next round, with no penalty to dicetype for 4d evasion.]

In the distance the drone lasers lit up the asteroid belt with glowing rocks and blasted rushers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:33:03 pm by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »

"It's headed for Stella!" Christian hammers the quick release on his chair straps and boosts himself up enough to have a good firing solution. Good thing he brought his ground loadout.

Shoot the damn thing!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:54:41 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 25, 2017, 03:35:10 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Seeing as it's not just another rusher...
Tina attempts to speak in the alien language to where the figure may appear.
In alien language: "Stop or be harmed!"
If this isn't a rusher, then perhaps it could be reasoned with. This is her first chance to speak with an alien.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 25, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »

Sertan whips out his pistol and waits for the HK to appear.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »

Stella takes out her Gauss. If the creature appears to strike (but not to converse, if Tina somehow manages to communicate), she'll shoot it.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 25, 2017, 11:51:53 pm »

Tina shouted some words from the screen and hoped that the creature got the message. [Linguistics 51]

Whether it did or not, it attacked. The lights flickered again as it approached, coming from behind the console, stepping across the hull with a swing of it's blade. Stella rolled and her shoulderpad was caught, shearing off, exposing the thin endosuit over her shoulder. [Horror Knight 99, Stella 81]

The three of them blasted fire at it. It raised the flat of it's sword to Christian as if expecting an ambush, his shots sparking as they bounced from it. Sertan and Stella fired at it, shots raining over it's armor leaving little more than scratches. [Christian 27, Sertan 80, Stella 83, Horror Knight Commando 63, demonstrating at least 20 hardness]

The knight was gone again, passing behind nothing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2017, 12:45:17 am »

"Damn it. That bastard is tough. Are you OK Stella? I'll try to provide warning if it ambushes us again, but it is a slippery son of a bitch. Try to get us some breathing room from the rushers." Christian pulls himself back into his chair, and but he only partly straps in this time. No time for a proper job of it.

Keep my scanners fixed on the anomally.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:51:30 am by milo christiansen »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2017, 02:55:43 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"D-damn, it wont listen."
Tina gets out of the chair, pulls out both pistols, and readies to fire at wherever it may appear. The pistols are fast to aim, so maybe she can get in a hit before it does.
Maybe if they hurt it, it will start to listen.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2017, 06:16:17 am »

Sertan sits back at his console."Seems the damn thing has pretty good armor. We're gonna need to find a weak point. In the meantime I'll start firing lasers at the rushers." Sertan begins firing the lasers again with his one good arm.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 53