Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 173601 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: First Blood [6/6]
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2017, 12:54:51 pm »

I mean that since my magic does more damage(because of charm), Does it heals more on a bad roll vs a dark tome with no damage bonus?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2017, 01:03:04 pm »

Yes. It's overal arcane damage (dark tome + charms + any possible buffs) that counts. Since this zombie was paralysed, most of the energy was used to nullify effects of holiness and rest to heal it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2017, 02:19:19 pm »

he would slam his shield into the undead that bit him, trying to shove them off and give enough room for him to swing his blade and sever it's head.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »

Nix:

"Lord protect us. Your children are hurt and frightened, and require their Father."

Say a Prayer for my companions, boost their morale and raise their Faith.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2017, 04:51:49 am »

Turn 5

[Aaron: 6, Zombie card cheater: 1] Wanderer decided to pick them out one by one, and aimed right a zombie's head. He shot, the bolt flied right where Aaron aimed and striked it's way through, ricocheted off a building behind the undead and flied towards another alley. Zombie fell on the ground motionless, dead. After a while, everyone heard a loud, heavy shriek coming from a nearby alley!

[Dennis: 6, Zombie Tom?: 3] Peasant felt that this was the right time to attack, as if his lucky star aligned with Axewrath to give him strenght required to fight! Dennis charged at zombified Tom in a wild charge and burst his pitchfork right throug undead's chest, then lifted
it up! However, it turned out that Tom was too heavy to lift for long and Dennis couldn't hold him, undead falling right on peasant! At least holy charge paralysed the zombie, otherwise Dennis would join his adversary on the walking corpse side.

[Pguhyuh: 3, Zombie that ne'er shut up: 4] Interesting, undead react in very strange ways to arcane magic. - demonologist said, forwarding another ray of arcane energies at a zombie that attacked Reynald, but they were tumbling too wildly and the ray missed it by a small margin!

[Reynald: 4, Zombie that ne'er shut up: 4] Inquisitor tried shove off the undead that clawed him slamming his shield at it several times, but it held on strongly!

[3 +1]Lord protect us. Your children are hurt and frightened, and require their Father. - Jeremiah whispered, kneeling and starting a prayer. Holy Inquisition Symbol started shining with blue light, giving everyone in the team more strenght to fight!

[Zombie that ne'er shut up: 3, Reynald: 3 +1] Undead tried to bite through Reynald's armor but obviously failed at it. Inquisitor feeling a rush of strenght thrown the undead off himself to the the ground.

[1] Suddenly something burst through nearby building in a dense cloud of black smoke. When the smoke dispersed, the party saw a tall humanoid with ashen, heavily burnt skin. It's head had four eyes and a wide open maw full of razor sharp teeth, no nostrils however, and it had six opening on it's neck - three on each side, from whch smoke went out. Smoke imp gave a long, forlorn howl then plucked the bolt that lodged in it's leg out, more smoke coming out from wound!

Jacob woke up to the noises coming from outside, an empty bottle in his hand. Something just smashed through walls above him and some smoke got to the cellar he was hiding in. Was the building burning? It smelled differently... like tar and burnt bodies. Cobbs looked around the cellar - smashed crates, empty wine stands and kegs. It seemed that he cleared whole basement off alcohol and resources. Suddenly Jacob felt incoming strenght.

Zombie card cheater: -30 HP, dead [0/40]
Zombie Tom?: -20 HP, paralysed [10/40]
Zombie that ne'er shut up:  -5 HP [35/40]
Smoke Imp: -15 HP [45/60]

Team: +10 Faith
Dennis: -5 HP, -1 charge

OOC

Killing an enemy brings more information about it's resistances and weaknesses to Enemy Types section. Smoke Imp received only half of ranged damage from Aaron's crossbow, becuase it was a ricochet and the bolt hit zombie first, thus the momentum was decreased. Prayer works as long as character is praying - doing any other action or being interrupted by enemies stops the prayer and instantly removes buff. Prayer overrides the Faith cap too!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2017, 05:21:55 am »

Nix:

"Give our forlorn souls strength, in our hour of need..."

Continue praying.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2017, 06:39:38 am »

"Mortem et plaga tua serpit!"

impaling the zombie that he threw off, he would invoke the wrath of gods upon it and any other nearby undead.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2017, 07:27:30 am »

impaling the zombie that he threw off, he would invoke the wrath of gods upon it and any other nearby undead.

With prayer and 4xFaith WoG bonus, that'd be about 104 damage against undead. This skill is extreme crowd killer, but the cooldown is long.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2017, 08:30:21 am »

Carp.
Hold up the brimstone chunk. If that doesn't work, though, shoot the demon.
Also, I noticed that my crossbow only did 30 damage. despite having the ability to do more. I do recognize that that is the amount of health it had left, so I'd like to confirm that this is due to overkill damage not being included.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:00:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2017, 10:06:32 am »

Carp.

Charms always work. The roll is for belief in their power. If you don't believe that a small chunk of rock or a talisman can stop a demon, then you'll get killed. At 15 Faith you get +1 to charm rolls, at 20 Faith and beyond it's an auto [5].

Also, I noticed that my crossbow only did 30 damage. despite having the ability to do more. I do recognize that that is the amount of health it had left, so I'd like to confirm that this is due to overkill damage not being included.

Holy damage doesn't hurt undead but only paralyses them/knocks them dormant, so it's not included. That 5 physical is for melee bashing, so shooting a zombie  from a distance gives only base ranged damage - in this case 30.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2017, 10:34:10 am »

Carp.

Charms always work. The roll is for belief in their power. If you don't believe that a small chunk of rock or a talisman can stop a demon, then you'll get killed. At 15 Faith you get +1 to charm rolls, at 20 Faith and beyond it's an auto [5].

Holy damage doesn't hurt undead but only paralyses them/knocks them dormant, so it's not included. That 5 physical is for melee bashing, so shooting a zombie  from a distance gives only base ranged damage - in this case 30.
Ok. So, in other words, it's going to work. Ok.
Also, could you make sure that the melee bashing damage is separated out from the rest of the damage? It wasn't clear to me that it worked like that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:00:25 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2017, 10:41:22 am »

I could specify that this physical damage is for melee in all ranged weapons' description (cause that physical in ranged weapons is for melee, those that don't have it can't be used in melee combat), but I'll most likely remember about it and keep track of it all.

Only situation I'd think about mixing up melee bashing + ranged is when you bash enemy away then shot it in face.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2017, 10:42:04 am »

"I win, Tom."

Finish off Tom with my pitchfork.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2017, 11:08:19 am »

Is that a demon!? I think that is a demon! This is so exciting! Uryy shpxvat lrf!
Before Glass can use his brimstone chunk, Attemp to Make Bond with the demon. Dont let him use the brimstone chunk even if it fails, If we have to kill him I can research his corpse for my investigation.
(I forgot that it will become neutral, I thought it was going to make the demon flee from combat sorry)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:13:17 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:14 am »

That would be the Exorcist's brimstone amulet that you're thinking of. Mine just makes it not attempt to kill us, which is actually conducive to you binding it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:00:06 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 166