Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32833 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4X - Fiefdoms at War (10/10)
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 07:01:18 am »

Ooh!  You kept Pork!  Let bitter battles for the bloody battlefields of West Pork commence!

Seriously, though, I'm really flattered you brought this back and just sad I missed sign-up.  Shall be watching with interest.  :D

[Also dear gods, seven years?  It's been seven years!  Must have been about 8 since the original Countries@War this was based off.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 07:06:37 am »

[Also dear gods, seven years?  It's been seven years!  Must have been about 8 since the original Countries@War this was based off.]

Don't make me feel older than I am. :p

Can we find a tiny slot for Iituem, as founder privilege? If not, I'm willing to conced you my spot if you're really interested. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 07:10:46 am »

Seeing as I've got ten or eleven players,  I think I can squeeze a twelfth if Iituem would like to join.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 07:11:06 am »

Make him the Empire with the condition that he can only hire mercs :p
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2017, 07:17:41 am »

Awesome!  Thanks, Kashyyk!

Empire Name:  The Principality of Pork
Leader Name:  Princess Gruntsnuffle
Starting Territory:  Central Pork!
Colour:  Pink, or failing that yellow.
Race: Swinefolk

Although the idea of playing the Empire with no ability to research tech or build units is hilarious; it'd be like playing a Fallen Empire from Stellaris.  Kash probably has their own plans for that, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2017, 07:55:08 am »

Depending on the strength of NPC it might not be that much of an issue. Plus, if you decide to wage a war of aggression on a third party, I'm sure that third party would be willing to serve as a beachhead.
There's no unified 3rd party save for the empire. The rest would just like to mind their own business (AKA we can't use diplomacy on them.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2017, 07:56:54 am »

Sorry, I mean a player as third party.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 08:36:38 am »

Honestly I don't see what you've got such a big issue against Taricus aggressiveness here with, he's super overcrowded suddenly, like someone said, 12 provinces between him and the other guy, that's ridiculously small. Think about it for a bit, this crammed in, where can he go to expand other then an early war? And no one wants that. Settling right next to someone is a pretty dick move. To be honest in my eyes PaPaj is sorta asking for it... Not to mention that he said he'd leave the island... And then didn't? That's also a pretty dick move.

You've compared it to yourself and Gazz, but not only are you guys further away, you both have this natural expansion area, Gazz stays in the south, you stay in your corner of the continent, and then you'll both have plenty of room, average to above average in comparison to everyone else. Unless you're offering your east coast to Storm settlers Tarcius is going to be squeezed tight and your complaints about his complaints seem to be "fuck you got mine"

Of course, that's under the assumption that this game works in the same way as the last one, where getting more territories was typically more cost effective then building up your territories with investments. Since a lot of the mechanical information is missing, maybe that's no longer true. And two people CAN share such a tiny area together and not cripple themselves. We'll have to see, but even so without that information so tightly constricting someone is a pretty evil move.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 08:39:35 am »

Mostly I just want Taric' to try to solve that peacefully rather than Huff and puff and threaten people. He's free to move at any time if he wants.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 08:46:00 am »

Jesus christ i have made a flamewar by just changing my starting location o-o
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 08:55:41 am »

i think i might just change my location to avoid this shitstorm...
(and no i am not getting out of it becuse i am scared i just dont want to be the reason for people to have arguments like its a really big deal)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 08:59:30 am »

Heh heh heh. No, I seem to recall that this is about par for the course for these games. Don't let it worry you too much and don't take it personally.  :P

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 09:00:48 am »

Don't worry, this is just taricus behaviour :p.

Regardless, I would spend a lot of time on 'early defences' if I were you.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 09:01:04 am »

Well there is now four of us up that corner. It will almost certainly get messy quick.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 09:52:44 am »

i think i might just change my location to avoid this shitstorm...
(and no i am not getting out of it becuse i am scared i just dont want to be the reason for people to have arguments like its a really big deal)
Yeah, even without me stirring shit up, that part of the map is pretty crowded. Moving would definitely be a wise option; more land to expand into indiscriminately so that both of us thrive rather than being choked off. I'd also suggest one of you guys in the north do the same; it's going to get cramped real quick up there, and navies aren't cheap.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31