Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 31958 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 7
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2017, 08:39:44 am »

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 8
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2017, 01:07:03 pm »

Turn 8 – Wealth of Nations
Summer, 1004AD

Across the world trade opens up. An adventurous individual could travel halfway across the world and pass through six different nations without once stepping off of an established trade route.

Smoke and Mirrors (Cauldron): Almost as if it were recoiling from its loss in Owldale, fewer reports of lost travellers have been heard than usual.

The Deeps (Shadevale/Greyland): The beast continues to strike at lone merchant ships. The citizens of Yorturim and Corax plead for help.

Reign of Terror (Hodgwin): The siege of Hodgwin will go down in history as the most brutal battle since the recession of the Empire. Despite holding off the assault, The Dark Lord of Hodgwin is severely weakened.

Fireshows (Biting): Flashes of light once again disturb the night sky.

Here be Monsters (Terret): The cave has been found by the Storm Empire, and its forces prepare to strike.

Spoiler: Storm Empire (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Novatechs (Papaj) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pollock (Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technology
Necromancy (Foundation) - Unlocks Necromancers. Unlocks Necromancer Hero Promotion.
Quote from: New Units
Necromancer: £1200. Attack 8, Defence 10. Necromantic Caster. Support. Tech: Necromancy (Foundation) Upkeep £100/turn.
Practitioners of Death and Unlife, these individuals are thought to be almost as lifeless as their subjects. If invited to parties, they tend to stand in a dark corner and brood.
Quote from: New Hero Promotion
Necromancer: £1200. Upkeep £100. Allows the hero to act as a necromancer for the purposes of spellcasting and summoning. The necromancer's attack and defence do nor increase. He gains all effects applicable to a warlock. This does not affect the heroes behaviour in combat. Tech: Necromancy (Foundation)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:54:15 am by Kashyyk »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »

Spoiler: Pollock Turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:09:23 pm by Nirur Torir »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2017, 01:56:21 pm »

Spoiler: Novatech turn (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2017, 02:37:31 pm »

Ah the tangled web of trade.
Edited after a short thought.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:00:42 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »

Edited for trade route reasons.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:33:56 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2017, 06:29:11 pm »

Spoiler: League Orders (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:01 am »

The Founding of Syndicalism

Deep in the forested hills of Brent, a new building is hastily being erected. It is the first Temple to Syn-Dic, the Great Boss in the Sky.

The new faith was created by collating and rationalizing tales and myth told in dwarven, gnome and kobold settlments told through the eastern half of the continent, many of them collected by the merchant caravans that now criss-cross the land. In its telling, Syn-Dic (known to many other names, but the priests settled on the name used troughout Brent as the "official" one) is the creator god which created Arcanus to provide the sentient races with raw material to turn into a masterpiece of craft.

Syndicalism emphasize craftmanship of course, but even more than individual talent, it extoll accepting the place one is best suited for within society and working hard at making the best of that job. As such, its pantheon include not only St. Adams, the great horloger known for his intricate models of dwarves, but also St. Akhanov, a humble coal miner who was known for his exemplary productivity.

Another interesting aspect of Syndicalist theology is that one's station in the afterlife depends not one one's actions, but on how much sacrifices (known as "dividends") one's clan, guild or town make in the futures. This tends to encourage long-term planning and investment as people wants their descendant to be able to pay as much dividends as possible.

From an organizational point of view, the Syndicalist religion is largely decentralized, with local lodges of the religion generally answering to whoever set it up, and repaying most of the tithe to the lodge instead of the central office.

Priests of Syndicalism are now spreading from Brent Central to spread the faith around the world. Any nation that desire to help set up a lodge in its land is free to hire a missionary from Brent. Alternatively, missionary from the Brentian Lodge are likely to go around spreading the word.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 24, 2017, 06:39:24 am »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2017, 05:14:38 am »

I am still waiting on a turn from:

micelus
Taricus
Ghazkull
snow dwarf

No real rush yet, as I typically only start writing the turn at the weekend, but consider this a gentle poke.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2017, 05:57:51 am »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2017, 01:56:00 pm »

I honestly have no idea how I keep missing these updates.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2017, 02:12:18 pm »

I honestly have no idea how I keep missing these updates.
If you want i can inform you when the updates happen
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2017, 02:55:09 am »

The cult of the sea serpent is officially founded in the Yorturim kingdom and is becoming a formal religious movement.
Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31