Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36618 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron
« Reply #855 on: April 17, 2018, 02:28:13 pm »

We have a health potion. We can use that you know..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 17, 2018, 03:11:41 pm »

I thought we drank the health potion before the fight with the swamp daughter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 17, 2018, 03:41:23 pm »

I thought we drank the health potion before the fight with the swamp daughter.
Yeah, you're right. Goddamit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 17, 2018, 07:18:51 pm »

You curl up in your hoard and feel yourself drift away into the mists of memory...

You lift your head from the mountain of gold, lazily opening one eye.  A resplendent hall stretches out before you, the work of decades of dwarven craft.  A number of dwarves are gathered in a semi-circle before your hoard.

"Speak," you command them.

"M-mistress, most high and mighty," says one of the dwarves, clad in a purple robe with gilded edging, "we humbly beg your aid.  The goblins have breached the outer citadel.  Already they have begun to take slaves."

You snort, smoke and heat blasting from your nostrils.  So many tasks, so many responsibilities.  Such is the ruler's lot...

5, 6

You awaken one month later, stirring from your hoard.  As you lazily yawn, kobolds quickly scurry from the adjoining chambers, bringing you wicker baskets and platters of rice, meat and vegetables.  As you leisurely consume your breakfast, you can see through the adjoining archway that the chamber beyond has had numerous simple stone walls erected, separate cooking, sleeping and training areas developed (complete with stone pillars to serve as training dummies) and likely soft pallets from swamp plants for resting kobolds.  Jibjibjub seems to have done his work well, and fast.

You take a moment to reflect upon your thoughts.  It seems your ancestral memories have granted you two boons of skill for your acts of glory and defiance.  (You may pick one twice if you so wish.)

A) Personal combat.  You have become an expert at exploiting the weaknesses of powerful champions and in guarding your own as well.  You are faster than almost all mortals can manage without magic.
B) Mass combat.  You are a master at the art of spreading mayhem amongst masses of foes, a mistress of mobility able to evade or deflect countless lesser attacks.
C) Stealth.  You are skilled at hiding with only minimal cover and leave almost no tracks when moving.
D) Hunting.  You are better able to track down foes, lay traps and gather animal-based resources.
E) Apothecary.  You are able to identify alchemically useful ingredients and combine them to produce simple potions and items.
F) Metalwork.  You are able to work metal in simple fashions, as well as prospect and smelt common ores.
G) Presence.  You inspire terror with your presence and are able to dominate the weak-minded with your words.
H) Construction.  You know how to improve your surroundings.  You can improve your lair more effectively, build with wood and construct pit traps and simple snares and other simple traps.
I) Elementalism.  You know the very fundamentals of channelling power from the cosmos, allowing simple elemental spells and modification of your dragon breath.
J) Necromancy.  Your recent experiences have awoken memories of the fundamentals of the magic of life and death.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 17, 2018, 07:24:39 pm »

A and G

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

I
J
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 17, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »

I, J

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »

I
J

I think we need to take a physical upgrade to our magic capacity before those are of use to us. Lets do EE and get our magic from plants.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:00:15 pm by Weirdsound »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »

C,E

If we want to keep using stealth at all as we get bigger, we need to put a few points into it.

We have no need for necromancy now that we have a source of mortal minions.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:19 pm »

C,E

If we want to keep using stealth at all as we get bigger, we need to put a few points into it.

We have no need for necromancy now that we have a source of mortal minions.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 17, 2018, 08:05:17 pm »

I'll change to CE

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 17, 2018, 08:17:44 pm »

E I

Elemental dragon breath and making our own potions?  Yes.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 17, 2018, 08:26:43 pm »

Switching to
CE

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:37 pm »

FG.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile