Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 186644 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins
« Reply #1395 on: July 12, 2017, 05:17:48 pm »

Also, I still don't understand how you pretty much knew we were an SK and didn't jump on that...
And, just in case it wasn't clear, we weren't mad at you personally.  You just screwed us over so hard ... -_-
Of course, also looking back and knowing that TDS absolutely knew we were 3P might have hurt our chances...
To pull something from cultchat: It was all TDS...4mask... the RNG's fault. :P
Like, it should've been YOU, then it should've been flabort, but then I got cult'd. And through all that is how you became secret confirmed non-town.

By day 5, the cult was more Mafia than the actual Mafia, in terms of in-game knowledge [at least, not in knowing who was what alignment, but who could've been what actual threat they were]

Also, in the end... Doll didn't even act.
I'll still miss him so much, regardless of the fully out of context and character bitterness he showed. x.x
But...yeah, I was expecting to guess who he used those 2 nifty abilities on. Or...y'know, those kills too.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 12, 2017, 07:58:08 pm »

10/10 would accidentally convert Tiruin again. GG, even though cult lost.

webadict, I'm curious as to what you envisioned going on with my role. Was the idea that I would be able to start killing near the end of the game or that I'd be able to break LYLO more effectively? It was nice being able to cover my web actions with town-oriented ones, but the webbing thing felt like it would take past the end of the game to let me kill people.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 12, 2017, 08:20:31 pm »

webadict, I'm curious as to what you envisioned going on with my role. Was the idea that I would be able to start killing near the end of the game or that I'd be able to break LYLO more effectively? It was nice being able to cover my web actions with town-oriented ones, but the webbing thing felt like it would take past the end of the game to let me kill people.
Yeah, I was thinking it'd be more of an endgame killing LyLo breaker. Since you didn't have the bonus of being able to constantly convert players, I figured you deserved an additional method to secure endgame, but one that really required you to be on the lay-low.

I didn't think it'd take as long as it would to build up. Also, I hated counting the threads. Would not do again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:23:51 pm by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 12, 2017, 09:16:00 pm »

Tea was so good, the only thing that made me doubt she wasn't third party was her nervousness x3

That said, if there was any other way--and not because of my preference--Town played exquisitely inasmuch as scum, and if I had the choice (that didn't go against my wincon), I'd have really gone for a Town win :P

Sorry for the stress Tea x.x but seriously, you kept me doubting till I made that climactic mistake of hammering Flabort.

Also I believe all the indirect grump to the Mafia was also on conditioning--the somewhat lessened day intensity play was a factor as B12 really loves dayplay. It was all, also, part of Mafia's plan though, but it could've been done better :P

I'm amused that the double kill bounced to my buddies--amused in the mechanical sense. Jack and TolyK did very well though.

Lenglon
06-03-2017
12:13 AM ET (US)
   Hiya! note that one-shots that miss from bullet hell arent used up, clarified that with web earlier. enjoy having two vots and tons of powers while Im unable to post due to my phone connection sucking!
IF I KNEW THIS THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT :'(
And while my expectations of winning the cult was pretty slim (and I slipped hard later on), I liked how the game went.

And hugs to Shakerag Lenglon.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:29:51 am by Tiruin »

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 12, 2017, 10:22:07 pm »

Tea was so good, the only thing that made me doubt she wasn't third party was her nervousness x3[/quote]

That's probably more of a towntell for her, my main gripe with her was I'm used to see stuff like how she played after shooting Persus from her. She had a few instances where she did that in later days, but I didn't feel like I got enough from her.

She seemed detached from the game the majority of the game which just rubbed me the wrong way. Though you can actually see my opinion on her change in my interactions with her day1 where I asked her something rather directly and coldly, then more or less instantly go "well, you know what, ignore that" and changed tone completely :P

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 14, 2017, 02:06:57 pm »

Can we have the mafia chat :P?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:33 pm »

Mafia chat's pretty boring, its mainly me asking questions about stuff to webadict.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:34 pm »

Quote from: Pozzai in Deadchat
This is why Doll calling me and other people "bad" is hillarious, when 90% of his play day1 was so anti-town and near gamethrowing.

Claiming his role and intentions = redirecter in the game and you've fucked up town.
Claiming exact shots = transporter or scummedic in the game, and you've fucked up town.

This was exactly my plan to handle N1 Doll targeting to scum. 4maskwolf was too worried to actually pull it off and doll decided to rage quit for some weird reason.

Also almost everyone in the game made the cardinal sin of trying to outguess webadict, which is a terrible idea in every Webadict BYOR ever.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 14, 2017, 02:57:27 pm »

Well, we were pretty close. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 14, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »

Quote from: Pozzai in Deadchat
This is why Doll calling me and other people "bad" is hillarious, when 90% of his play day1 was so anti-town and near gamethrowing.

Claiming his role and intentions = redirecter in the game and you've fucked up town.
Claiming exact shots = transporter or scummedic in the game, and you've fucked up town.

This was exactly my plan to handle N1 Doll targeting to scum. 4maskwolf was too worried to actually pull it off and doll decided to rage quit for some weird reason.

Also almost everyone in the game made the cardinal sin of trying to outguess webadict, which is a terrible idea in every Webadict BYOR ever.

Doll's thing was such a level 1 mistake that it's basically level 0, that's why I thought he was scum, he removes any interaction analysis + gives scum a guidebook to essentially get another kill maybe two.

I didn't believe anyone that acts like they're experienced would be that daft frankly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 14, 2017, 04:22:03 pm »

I love using that to my advantage, though. I mean, I do warn everyone you have counters to your role no matter how powerful you think it is...

Well, we were pretty close. :P
I dunno. The closer you get to it, the more it tends to backfire.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 14, 2017, 10:16:11 pm »

If I actioned everyone, it would have changed the game balance quite a lot, so any comments about the setup have to keep that in mind.

For reference, I left because Flabort gave out meta-information that they were town.
B12 acts too much like a support group and too little like serious business, so there's a particular kind of AtE which is taboo for scum to fake. I either had to leave or start abusing that and as you can see from my giving out no information rather than false information, I don't feel like playing with that sort of advantage.
Also, I'm busy and have better things to do than play mafia games with 3+ TBF's (Flabort, TBF, Tiruin).

Re: 'hurr doll is bad'
1) If I had stayed, I would have lynched FoU because Flabort towntold
2) I caught the redirector in the daythread (Flabort, though he was just badtown) by claiming. In the event that I didn't catch (4maskwolf) in the daygame, I would have revealed who they were by having town watch me. The setup information available (to me) made it pretty clear that there was a scum redirector and a town (cult actually, but that's just town anyway) watcher
3) I can't misfire and hit town (without being able to revive them), so there is no real risk to having mafia redirect me, whereas claiming gave me a strong platform to hunt from
4) This shouldn't need to be said, but scum couldn't block my kills (just redirect them)
5-10) Claiming gave me a much better platform to hunt from (notice that my nominated kills at the time that I left were BOTH scum, though to be fair they were also terrible players)

I never did get a link to deadchat in my death PM. I'm not if that was intentional due to my corpse-role, or what.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 14, 2017, 10:18:14 pm »

EBWOP:
Letting players like TBF or (doll) back into games after disrupting them is how you kill communities. It's not a good idea in my opinion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 14, 2017, 11:06:54 pm »

EBWOP:
Letting players like TBF or (doll) back into games after disrupting them is how you kill communities. It's not a good idea in my opinion.
True, but you're kind of a dick about it. Nobody really understands your points because you make a point and then disprove it through your own actions.

If I actioned everyone, it would have changed the game balance quite a lot, so any comments about the setup have to keep that in mind.

For reference, I left because Flabort gave out meta-information that they were town.
B12 acts too much like a support group and too little like serious business, so there's a particular kind of AtE which is taboo for scum to fake. I either had to leave or start abusing that and as you can see from my giving out no information rather than false information, I don't feel like playing with that sort of advantage.
Also, I'm busy and have better things to do than play mafia games with 3+ TBF's (Flabort, TBF, Tiruin).
Yeah, but you didn't action everybody. I mean, you're saying one thing, but you're trying to prove the opposite by how you played.

I didn't give you a deadchat link on purpose. You didn't do anything towards the end, so you didn't get a deadchat link. I mean, what would even be the point? You weren't a player at that point. Simple as that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 15, 2017, 12:59:23 am »

Hee~ :P I'm stereotyped. That's pretty deep.
It's that there's a sense of bias and disconnection that we're all more connected than other mafia forums that give off that notice--it's actually town-friendly, but regardless of the sense of connection between players, it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Moreso that the D1 play you did was...not helpful in comparison to this basis.

That's pretty serious business to be able to play as you are in a game, and yet post-game be friends with each other. So you abusing this is moreso out of your own perspective [and utter uncouthness towards 'TBFs']

EBWOP:
No, it's not letting players in. It's letting attitude color your behavior. Your bitterness was just immaturely inappropriate, and TBF has his own personal concerns that are outside of your knowledge :P
It's rather how your personality is in how you behaved, that affects other people.

So, to summarize it: Pushing fault onto others instead of helping them is how you kill communities. What you do affects others by intent just as much as your own wording and action--TBF tries his best (he can only post by phone, he's pretty much young, and he's on the autism spectrum yet is pretty awesome like everyone else); so using whatever you've seen in him (but not mentioned about it at all to him or in public), shouldn't be used as a basis.
Because that's how bias grows. And how it affects interactions. It becomes part of your perception to others, and this is what's used in interactions.

Just because Flabort mentioned his own personal experiences doesn't make this a 'therapy session' because it's merely an impression. Perhaps an impression that blew up in between the time when one read it and when they had posted about it, but still an impression.

If you are going to treat this like a support group and frame it that way--it's better framed in the idea of compassion in the military. You can't work well at all if you treat 'serious business' as some kind of grump-a-thon; camaraderie works, and it instills a sense of community and togetherness/belongingness [which is pretty much a basic social need]. So yeah. We can be pretty serious; and that's how we can pretty much end up in a game where everyone dies because nobody intended for everyone to die. :P It's not the ideal outcome, but it is an outcome that had happened by virtue of everyone playing together.

You're a lot better than how bitter you were, here. And you're always welcome into this community (sockpuppet or not...but preferably as 'not a sockpuppet' :v because why anyway); it's moreso the bitter attitude that's not that welcome x.x
Like: How did the thinking even get to 'coddle group' than anything actually therapeutic? That's how I sensed out your idea of support group or otherwise--not really like a support group.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:28:31 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95