Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 186845 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins
« Reply #1365 on: July 12, 2017, 05:37:33 am »

BYOR 0. Probably in my experience, the first game where everyone tried not to die, and the SK was a powerhouse. The Mafia was constructed TO die, and kill everyone better at their last bit of health. The SK was defused by a townie, who then converted to cult in the day, and there were a ton of death shenanigans that drove people into anxiety-ridden overdrive, and the game ended with everyone dead.

And the SK won.

I'd say 'technicalities' but we all put effort into killing each other. \o/
Also that RNG.

But where are those deadchat and otherwise links?!

Cult quicktopic
TolyK's quicktopic

(1-Shot) Third Leg’s Control Rod [target]: Redirect all actions that target you to the target instead.
This was used, by the way. It's what killed Hector13...when I should've redirected it to someone else <_> but the fatigue of day actions and other factors made it not really happen that way.

Also Tea, you did pretty well :)
Sorry for the anxiety though :S

ALL my posts in both quicktopics were right before the day finals--before the 'double hammer' was even being said, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:39:29 am by Tiruin »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 12, 2017, 05:42:00 am »

Tea, you actually did pretty well. Your role was pretty much created for this exact reason. It's actually unfortunate that it came to this endgame scenario.

And I have 16 pages of actions and roles. I have no idea if I can fit it in one post. I also stopped taking notes at the beginning of Day 4, since there wasn't much left.

I hope you guys had fun. I can post the five Quicktopic chats that were created later. I should be asleep, but updating this game was fun.

There were some issues with this game, and I'm sorry I anti-climacticated the ending, but I hope you all had fun. Some of y'alls roles were hard to make, and I never accounted for a few things. Like this ending. Feel free to criticize or praise what you'd like. I think this might be my final game, though. I just don't have the time anymore, and this was a solid couple months of updating. I've been neglecting a few things.

So, feel free to share!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 12, 2017, 05:45:00 am »

I mean, the SK was not initially a powerhouse.

Here's the initial role:

The BYOR 0 Role That Makes Mafia Great Again

(Auto) So Great, The Greatest: If you end the Day with at least 1 vote on you (including your own), you become immune to kill and inspect actions.
(Auto) Rigged: If there’s a tie, your vote breaks it. You may choose to use this even if you’re not voting for any tied player.
(Night) Bigly [target]: Steal the target’s vote(s) for the next Day Phase. You may choose to destroy this ability to make your steal permanent. These votes return if you die.
(1-Shot, Night) Election: The following Day begins with an election. The President decides who’s lynched for that Day. If you’re elected President, you gain an additional vote permanently.

Utsuho Reiuji

(Auto) Bullet Hell: You can use any number of actions each night. Your chance to hit is equal to 1/(# of actions). If you use more than 1 action, you must choose an equal or greater number of player targets or all of them. The chance for an action to hit you is equal to 1/(1 + # of actions targeting you).
(1-Shot) Leg of Decomposition [target]: Kill the target.
(1-Shot) Leg of Fusion [target]: You house the spirit of the target, merging yourself with the target. You become their alignment, adding your actions to their role and yourself to them. You become the same player, gamewise, though you both act independently.
(1-Shot) Third Leg’s Control Rod [target]: Redirect all actions that target you to the target instead.

I want it to be clear that the SK did not, in fact, have any kills at all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 12, 2017, 05:48:29 am »

Deadchat

The other two chats can be posted if their writers wish.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

These actions are a hodge-podge. And I stopped needing this list on Day 4, because it wasn't long. I can finish the list off when I get to it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 12, 2017, 05:55:44 am »

That certainly was an interesting game, though the conflict between emotional and formal interaction was a bit much at times.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 12, 2017, 06:01:37 am »

That certainly was an interesting game, though the conflict between emotional and formal interaction was a bit much at times.
Yeah, you are right. I tried to slow it down, but I couldn't stem the flow, it seems.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 12, 2017, 06:04:39 am »

Yeah .-. totally my fault. Sorry dudes. I'm not a very good player x.x

It's all me. u_u

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 12, 2017, 06:12:56 am »

Yeah .-. totally my fault. Sorry dudes. I'm not a very good player x.x

It's all me. u_u
No no no. Don't say that. That's doing exactly what they said. :p

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 12, 2017, 06:23:19 am »

While from the completely formal perspective, Tiriun was slightly in the wrong, but she was (and still is) one of the most open, kind and tolerant players, really holding the game together at times. Which is more important than completely unemotional play. And there aren't any hard and fast rules on this forum about how formal/casual mafia should be, anyway.

Well, glad that we didn't get a non-silly result from a BYOR. Still kinda unsure about what TBF really was, are the roles about to be posted or have I missed something. Hope Pozzai and Tea stick around too; we need new hands on deck.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 12, 2017, 06:34:12 am »

JK, posting roles

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:38:29 am by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 12, 2017, 06:41:21 am »

Hope Pozzai and Tea stick around too; we need new hands on deck.
W-where were you though .-.;
Also yeah, I've been until D5 wondering what Tea's alignment was x.x EVEN only after I had killed Flabort that I was still wondering what she was .-. (The anxiousness maybe gave off that she was Town though)
But otherwise I kept wondering if she was the abduct killer because it's pretty nice to get...err, 'rid' of people who know you best.
Like Pozzai :P
Seriously x.x that kept nudging me. Especially since overall, anyone's inspection didn't work as best as it did, until Persus got hit.

...Also I'm twitching from reading TDS' flavor. Nice work with everyone's flavor, web!

Edit: Thanks NJW :-\ :-[

...Also yeah I realize that the PPE really made it worse now x.x It was different in my mind!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 12, 2017, 09:13:53 am »

Well, since literally everyone died, and therefor I have abilities from every living player, does that mean I won too?  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 12, 2017, 09:30:26 am »

Also, Tiruin. 

[in game context only]
I hate you so much.  Even though I somehow won, I hate you so very, very much.  Even though role-swapping was absolutely the correct thing to do (especially since I thought you were town), I still really hate you.  This was my time to shine and manipulate the entire game as a kill-less SK, you asshole.
[/in game context only]

Ahh well.  Well played.  Obviously, because I knew I was an SK and I believed you were town, role-swapping with us was pretty much the best thing you could have done to protect the town.  We were flipping our everloving shit when that happened because we knew we were so screwed.  But, I figured that given my role this was going to have to be a game in which I took some pretty big chances and hoped they paid off.  Because if they did pay off it was going to be awesome.  And, I suppose, despite the anticlimactic ending this one is still one for the record books.  I just wish I could have been there to the end, laughing maniacally as we controlled the vote and shrugged off kill attempts  T_T

Of course, knowing now that you were cult, it still technically would have been the best move for your alignment anyway. 
Also, I still don't understand how you pretty much knew we were an SK and didn't jump on that...
And, just in case it wasn't clear, we weren't mad at you personally.  You just screwed us over so hard ... -_-

Of course, also looking back and knowing that TDS absolutely knew we were 3P might have hurt our chances...

Now I wonder if I was getting scummy vibes from Tea because of her role.  Huh.

Also props to Lenglon for keeping our shit together as long as possible.  She put in most of the work, yo.

Oh, wait, so basically Tea decided if cult or SK won, huh.  I guess mafia and town were both pretty screwed this game.

Well, since literally everyone died, and therefor I have abilities from every living player, does that mean I won too?  :P
There's some kind of divide by zero error/joke here; I know it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 12, 2017, 09:52:33 am »

Unfortunately, as an ability, you need to be alive to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 95