Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193179 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Day Disappearance
« Reply #1260 on: July 06, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »

Can you completely claim your full role name and ability names? Without directly quoting, of course.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1261 on: July 06, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »

Tea You said you control the dead; the 'dead FoU' is still bloody acting.

BUT, Persus; I don't see how it implies a Mafia still alive. The rule is in action and seems isolated from whether Mafia live or not?

Also dudes, turn your pages to Night 1. There was a kill--Persus absorbed it in his face, and then there's the abduct-kill(Presumed kill because Pozzai died the next night; N2).
SOMEHOW this is working again rather than disappearing N1.
SOMEHOW some stuff happened between then and now that didn't let it occur on N2/N3 if I presume it hit only on N1.

Also seriously people haven't fullclaimed yet. Hector, Persus, Tea, TolyK (Or at least, Tea and TolyK didn't do it in a nice list format :P)
NEXT

~Fullclaim~

Role Name: Calendar Man
-> (Batman character who I am not actually very familiar with but my brother mentioned him recently sooo)
Theme: Permanently dead players can still influence the game

Rewind, 1-shot auto - I revive on death. This reloads 1 cycle after being used
Holiday, Night - Due to <Calendar Man flavor> I go do my thing of celebrating a holiday and robbing ppl, the effect being that I become untargetable
Doomsday Device [target], 1-shot unusable - After I die I can kill [target]
Absentee Vote, 1-shot unusable - After I die I can PM Webadict a vote

N1 took no action and had my vote stolen
N2 took no action and had my vote returned
N3 used Holiday

I have since confirmed that my abilities that are currently unusable become usable after I die for the first time, even if Rewind takes effect.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 06, 2017, 04:23:33 pm »

Being the lynch target always makes me less willing to engage in the game. I'm trying to figure out the piece to the puzzle that's missing here, but there's so many roles obscured I can't find it.

Also, if TDS fired of his convert before he died, we may have to lynch Tiruin or Flabort. Any action on that front should wait until the Shakelon flip is revealed however.

Jack, if Doll got redirected to me, who did the redirect? If it was 4mask, whose the only player I'm aware of who has a redirect, why would he hit me with it?

Losing almost every action after the first death makes play unusually dull afterwards.
And that accurately describes my play, yeah.

Persus13: Please give more detail on your claim.  What were the names of your lost powers?  Does anything distinguish the Third Defenestration from the Second role-wise?  Also, do you remember why you blocked TBF N1?
My power names are all variations of Defenestration. The protect was Defensive Defenestrate, roleblock was Defenestrate, randomize is Disorientation Defenestration. The Third Defenestration has a separate set of abilities, which I'll reveal if (when at this point) I get them.

I blocked TBF because I was suspicious of him and couldn't get a good read on him. I figured that if there were no kills that night I'd have found scum. Since there were two, I put my suspicions of TBF on the back burner in favor of better targets. Although now that I'm thinking about it, TBF could have been a PWV.

Flabort:
I am so regretful that I aided the cultist by using Spiders Everywhere - but it did gain me some abilities that turned out to be useful when I used it, so I don't regret that.
Elaborate on this.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 06, 2017, 06:59:01 pm »

What is a PWV?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 06, 2017, 07:10:51 pm »

PFP (fone)

Tea/Persus if either of you are demoralized, what's your case on anyone else? We've got 6 people--and early on, Hector managed to even turn the reasoning tide to a better outcome.

Even if YOU are on the lynching block, doesn't stop youfrom making a case in the first place.

That, and to note that there's two anti-town left (them daykillers), makes this a really closed setup; despite lynching Mafia twice.

Also I can't easily quote but if ever TDS converted (only suspect is Flabort other than L-S; its less of a threat than anything as only the alignment changed, and prior to that we've got roleclaims out)
And that's if he did convert in thw first place (very possible considering the non-phase specific ability, but I'm betting he could be using it for LYLO situations, as possible too. Because it's set at one-shot is also an influence)

Being the lynch target always makes me less willing to engage in the game. I'm trying to figure out the piece to the puzzle that's missing here, but there's so many roles obscured I can't find it.
Id love to hear more here (phone posting has a lot of backspace :p so I can get TBFs lacking qyoting...although the brevity, not so much .-.)
Because you have a...puzzle in mind?

What's sticking out?
Also will check later but why didnt you push a TBF case or any vote/mention of his block later on?

What is a PWV?
Paranoid War Veteran--the role that makes a kill action on anyone directly or redirectly targeting.them.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:36 pm »

PFP (fone)

Tea/Persus if either of you are demoralized, what's your case on anyone else? We've got 6 people--and early on, Hector managed to even turn the reasoning tide to a better outcome.

Even if YOU are on the lynching block, doesn't stop youfrom making a case in the first place.

That, and to note that there's two anti-town left (them daykillers), makes this a really closed setup; despite lynching Mafia twice.

I did start making a case on Jack. The response from both you and TolyK (who have a majority of the votes in play Today) was essentially that your read on him is based on a body of work that the rest of the game lacks access to. I do not feel that you have satisfactorily explained what led you to that read well enough that I feel comfortable sheeping it, and as such we're basically at an impasse. The only other person I actually suspect (of being mafia) is Persus, and I've talked about why that is too.

I would like to reiterate that I am unsure that the first kill came from living anti-town and thus think we should focus on finding the last mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

Flabort:
I am so regretful that I aided the cultist by using Spiders Everywhere - but it did gain me some abilities that turned out to be useful when I used it, so I don't regret that.
Elaborate on this.
When I got spiders everywhere I didn't know what it did or who it belonged to. I used it, still not knowing, and gained 3 abilities as a result as three people besides me had web strands.
Later I learned that this ability aided the cultist; but I learned this when they flipped.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 06, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »

Flabort:
Elaborate on this.
When I got spiders everywhere I didn't know what it did or who it belonged to. I used it, still not knowing, and gained 3 abilities as a result as three people besides me had web strands.
Later I learned that this ability aided the cultist; but I learned this when they flipped.
Three?
You were only mentioned alongside TWO others. Who is that third besides you?

I did start making a case on Jack. The response from both you and TolyK (who have a majority of the votes in play Today) was essentially that your read on him is based on a body of work that the rest of the game lacks access to. I do not feel that you have satisfactorily explained what led you to that read well enough that I feel comfortable sheeping it, and as such we're basically at an impasse. The only other person I actually suspect (of being mafia) is Persus, and I've talked about why that is too.

I would like to reiterate that I am unsure that the first kill came from living anti-town and thus think we should focus on finding the last mafia.
What about before I was invited to TolyK chat with Jack? What about Jack's background with TolyK since D1?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 06, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »

Flabort:
Elaborate on this.
Three?
You were only mentioned alongside TWO others. Who is that third besides you?
Once more I delve into my post history to explain something which I've explained 7 or 8 times now:
1-shot, Night, target (gained N2): Bigly: steal a vote from target. can destroy ability to make vote steal permanent, votes return if I die.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
auto (gained N2): Balance: Cannot use the same ability twice in a row.
[/quote]
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 07, 2017, 07:01:26 am »

Yay for fixing my shame on quicktopic .-.
Alongside that, Webadict Votecount please?

Them day actions are processed at the count, and I don't want the 'end of the day' being the only time when we get those last, and ultra-late, batch of day actions done.

Like Persus 'day acting' on Flabort.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 07, 2017, 08:33:15 am »

Persus has 2 votes, Tiruin has 1.

That's my super fast vote count.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 07, 2017, 02:00:06 pm »

What about before I was invited to TolyK chat with Jack? What about Jack's background with TolyK since D1?

What about those things?

Look, Lurker Tracker doesn't really work for me so I went and ctrl+f'd "Life is too short for worries" on Every. Page. and skimmed for what you've said about Jack. I didn't find much.

Spoiler: D1 (click to show/hide)
Which, uh. You did townread him, for reasons I don't quite follow.

Spoiler: D2 (click to show/hide)
Not really an individual read going on here.

Spoiler: D4 (click to show/hide)
So on D4, you have references to a plan Jack made that failed (?), a paranoid thought that TBF's flip has something to do with Jack (??), as well as various jokes indicating that the idea of him being mafia seems impossible to you + him being 3P is implausible and would make you think literally everyone in the game besides you is non-town. On several occasions you state that you consider him a mason with you/TolyK based on a body of work of QT posts/reactions/night action plans.

I want to know what specifically in the QT is a post that makes you go, there's no way Jack would come up with that as mafia/3P! What specifically did he say that makes you trust him more than just wanting to trust him? If it's literally just night action planning, again, what about that is clearing when the mafia has been able (due to FoU's modes) to mafiakill+take another action every single night? Does Jack have a good reason/mindset expressed for having targeted 4mask as opposed to his other townreads N1?

I want to understand what substance your read of him has beyond it being fun for you to think of the whole groupchat as town. I don't understand why it's like pulling teeth to get any kind of specific answer.

-

TolyK summarized early in the Day phase that he finds Jack's day play neutralish but that stuff in the QT (that he also has not ever really elaborated on) makes him think Jack is likely town. Same questions go to him.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 07, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »

The main reason I trust him is because his started actions and actual actions coincided, from all the checking everyone has done, and he's been giving out roles to townies and fully cooperating. He also turned down a potentially lucrative arrangement (if he were scum) of scum winning (potentially, with a few converted townies). The only way he might be scum is if he was converted on a really late day.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 07, 2017, 09:13:32 pm »

Jack's been checked out as not performing the mafiakill in addition to his giving out of abilities on either N1 or N3?

Where is flabort D:

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 07, 2017, 09:45:32 pm »

Persus has 2 votes, Tiruin has 1.

That's my super fast vote count.
Webadict So... were there no day actions to be processed with the votecount?
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 95