Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193192 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1215 on: July 02, 2017, 02:28:33 pm »

How are you reconciling that with me being the only death of N2?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 02, 2017, 03:10:55 pm »

Because I can't juggle all the facts in my head. :(

Are we getting that extension or not? I think we only have 3 votes for it. I just got back from the middle of nowhere and parse the what-happened posts.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 02, 2017, 05:14:54 pm »

Yeah, you've got the extension.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 02, 2017, 06:15:16 pm »

Am sick and was gonna come extend.

1) So, flabort's claimed kill on doll N1 pierced hector's claimed protection on doll? flabort, is it your understanding that your kill pierced protection? (Could be results of TolyK's/TBF/4mask's roles I guess, although Persus13claimed an N1 block on TBF?)
2) Tiruin, am not sure what you're remembering and am wondering if you read too far into something non-claim related I was talking about. I have claimed everything about my role and what's happened to me.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 02, 2017, 07:03:36 pm »

Protect, night action. Used on doll N1
Now this is interesting.  Flabort does not indicate that his kill pierces protection, so unless I'm missing something, this means that if Hector's truthful, doll died otherwise.  That is, by acting.  By killing.

I feel confident in saying that we only have one per-cycle nightkiller.  One kill each N2 and N3.  One kill today.  Of the three kills N1, 1 is the abductkill, 1 is doll's death (action was suicidal, and flabort shot), and 1 is not quite explained.  Nobody has claimed the shot on Persus, but we've only seen one such extra kill.

I believe our per-cycle nightkiller is the mafia, simply because it would be very strange for it not to be: a mafiateam not killing?  Also, there is no sign that failed Monster Withins were used (our scum wasn't getting new third party reads overnight, the cyclic nightkilling was consistent...) and Monster Within is a risky kill.

doll continued to visit the forum after the disinterest post.  I recall online periods in the immediate days, and the last time doll was online was the 27th.  Based on this and hector's claim, doll took the two shots he intended.  They were redirected to Persus13, most likely, as the abductkill seems to be a specific action.  Persus13's death was most likely the result of doll's shot.

TolyK is almost certainly not mafia.  That said, I'm not sure if he is town or a survivor (specifically a survivor).
Why possibly survivor?  His disinterest (particularly in thread) in scumhunting and focus on Everyone Wins is part of it.  More important, though, is his willingness to be the last unconverted player in his plan.
Why not mafia?  Beyond Fallacy's assault, there's a major reason.
TolyK seems utterly sincere about wanting everyone to win.  Few people would carefully plan it out if they didn't want to try it.  His plan, though, required a mafioso's cooperation.  Before he introduced his plan in the quicktopic, TolyK tried to recruit me:
This is not something I expect the scum to say, to say the least.

Tiruin is tres townie.  Building on my prior read (sans the part where I read too much into her cheering statement), that role swap was an impulsive, unplanned major action of the sort I doubt I would see from damaged scum.  TolyK and Lengrag backed up claims about her former role.

flabort played a key role in the death of 4maskwolf and has been a target of the scum since day 1.  Somehow, I doubt he's part of the scumteam.

Persus13:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Persus (click to show/hide)
A strange D1 (a Fallacy vote detached from the rest of his daygame, with more focus on flabort) mitigated somewhat by good votes D2 and D3.  Not the best activity record.  However, Persus appears to have been where doll's kill was redirected.

hector13:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Hector (click to show/hide)
hector13's scumhunt frustrations feel real, his behaviour towards the scumteam has been quite antagonistic (it would be an awful lot of distancing), and that last D3 post makes him look very unaware of 4mask's abilities.  Also, there's the death/revive.  His lack of votes days 2 and 3 is alarming, though.
Overall, hector13 is the towniest-feeling of the

Tea:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Tea (click to show/hide)
There are parts of Tea's post history that look good.  Consistency in fighting the scumteam, in particular.  However, there are problems.  The D1 flabort vote, and in particular its end-of-day handling (lost much of its base, but it was kept for testing flabort's revive claim), comes off as less than legitimate: why hold that vote?  The D3 vote sat on non-playing scum careening towards a modkill, although the vote was held in part to avoid a hammer.  I also can't shake the feeling that I was buddied a bit (see questions below).

For Tea to be part of the scumteam, there would have to be a good bit of bussing.  That is true of most everyone now, though.  However, with the possible exception of the early D1 Fallacy push, Tea's bussing would be very safe, for lack of a better term.  Votes were on/intended to be on those already on the path to death, whether by strong consensus, unlucky night results, or modkill levels of inactivity.  Relatively low-risk to the team.

This was a bit of a tough and long decision, but based on behaviour and on the kill record, I vote Tea.

I agree with most of [Jack's] analysis in the post this quote is from BTW.
Tea: Why did you feel the need to tell me this?  The "BTW" underlines how small a connection this had to the rest of the post.  What was this sentence meant to add?
I very much agree with the second half of Jack's recent post but have been having trouble articulating it.
Also, why did you feel the need to say this?  It doesn't seem to add much to your statement (although more than the last quote), particularly since you gave your thoughts on handling millers a couple sentences later.

Anyway, the body snatching kill thing happened N1, not on N2, and then on N3. Could be a Balance influenced thing, maybe just coincidence.
Hector13: Being aware of why there was no successful kill N2, why did you say this?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 02, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »

Probably as some kind of soft justification of my read on Tiruin. I'm by no means certain on who I think is scummy, it basically comes down to process of elimination for you and Tea, Tiruin's stealing of Lengrag's role, and I guess Tolyk's lack of engagement with the game. If I had a vote, I'd be voting for you or Tea.

You appear to have cut off a sentence at the end of my section in your reads post, was it important?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 02, 2017, 07:25:20 pm »

You appear to have cut off a sentence at the end of my section in your reads post, was it important?
I couldn't come up with a good term to refer to those I didn't place above suspicion, so I left it...and forgot to finish the sentence.

I write good.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:20 pm »

1) So, flabort's claimed kill on doll N1 pierced hector's claimed protection on doll? flabort, is it your understanding that your kill pierced protection? (Could be results of TolyK's/TBF/4mask's roles I guess, although Persus13claimed an N1 block on TBF?)
Let me reread it.
Kill a player that aided in your death... provided randomly, or choose, if I fail to choose one it defaults to provided randomly... bypass...
oh! yes. bypasses immunity, protections, blocks, redirections, or hides.

Sad to say but yes, it pierced protection. So Hector's in the clear for that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #1223 on: July 02, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

#workposting so I'll respond to the rest later but I have a thought:

Here is my fullclaim:
Spoiler: kore wa fullclaim des (click to show/hide)
[...]

I intend to use (E) to use (D) twice and (A) and (B) some arbitrary number of times on every player in night 1.

I believe doll meant use B/C an arbitrary number of times. If so, I can actually see why the mafia team would knowingly redirect doll to Persus as their partner - doll's single target then revives (with a different role?) and it potentially makes that target unblockable/able to use extra actions the rest of the game, if I'm understanding correctly.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 02, 2017, 08:36:22 pm »

Sad to say but yes, it pierced protection. So Hector's in the clear for that.
flabort: So, we don't know whether doll acted.  Damn.
Here is my fullclaim:
Spoiler: kore wa fullclaim des (click to show/hide)
[...]

I intend to use (E) to use (D) twice and (A) and (B) some arbitrary number of times on every player in night 1.
I believe doll meant use B/C an arbitrary number of times. If so, I can actually see why the mafia team would knowingly redirect doll to Persus as their partner - doll's single target then revives (with a different role?) and it potentially makes that target unblockable/able to use extra actions the rest of the game, if I'm understanding correctly.
Tea: Huh.  Good point, I overlooked that.  Hm.

Persus13: Please give more detail on your claim.  What were the names of your lost powers?  Does anything distinguish the Third Defenestration from the Second role-wise?  Also, do you remember why you blocked TBF N1?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 02, 2017, 10:48:44 pm »

2) Tiruin, am not sure what you're remembering and am wondering if you read too far into something non-claim related I was talking about. I have claimed everything about my role and what's happened to me.
It's like, us (Jaques, TolieK, and Tearooine) are working by process of elimination (because it'd be hilarious if any of us are scum given that we literally fullclaimed to each other and planned stuff together >.<), and I'm curious on multiple parts--one is I've snipped out Persus because he died the same day the abductkill was done [and I'm presuming at least 2 anti-town because PROBABLY that abductkill is separate from the mafiakill given the...err, death this day; Night 2, if Hector13 is to be believed, means only HE died but we don't know how he died]
That said a TWICE OVER revive and a kill only on death is a very...strange claim. Like, out of all the folks who did revive--and I assume 2/3rds of them are town lest my sanity go on the verge of paranoia--literally ALL OF YOU have at least 1 claimed revive, with Hecty and Perzeus being proven to have it. You claimed...two.

So (since nobody is even talking about it on quicktopic HMPF YOU GUYS), I'm leaning on Tea after a lot of thought and reading through the three of you through the thread [thanks post tracker]. >.> No offense Tea.

doll continued to visit the forum after the disinterest post.  I recall online periods in the immediate days, and the last time doll was online was the 27th.  Based on this and hector's claim, doll took the two shots he intended.  They were redirected to Persus13, most likely, as the abductkill seems to be a specific action.  Persus13's death was most likely the result of doll's shot.
It's fully doubtful that the abductkill can be disguised as doll's actions :P and he DID say (or at least that's in my notes about doll in D1) that he can be redirected but unblockable...or uh that's in my notes that was updated to mention his claim in D1. >_>

Probably as some kind of soft justification of my read on Tiruin. I'm by no means certain on who I think is scummy, it basically comes down to process of elimination for you and Tea, Tiruin's stealing of Lengrag's role, and I guess Tolyk's lack of engagement with the game. If I had a vote, I'd be voting for you or Tea.

Que? :v
Balance lets- waaaaait you think I'M THE PERSON who was doing all that?!
Ok first of all, I swapped my role--the thing you start the game with--with Lenglon/Shakerag. I can't be Mafia because they would've known and seen anything related to those things you can suspect me on, in the early days. (Although they didn't claim my role or their miller ability as a list in our quicktopic so I feel somewhat lonely ;~;)

Next is note everything in Doll's claim, everyone.
...I had a note on the REDACTED bit by saying it may be connected to someone else but that was a 'guess' note >_>
But points:
> If he used his unblockable or action boost ability; nobody knows if it was used on them (unless...they can? Webadict: If someone was acted upon with an ability that permanently boosts them, do they get any message?)
> He wanted to kill people so he would die. So he went to kill two people, despite the two abilities he had being super more useful. o_O Probably because he was bitter (Hah, coffee)
> He could've still used those two other actions because by using Transcendence, he does pretty much die (which lets him 2-shot and otherwise so that's moot), but that means he could've done all 4 actions and die [as well as wiping out both 2 other people]

Webadict: If a person gets killed, but has a revive, what would've happened if there were TWO simultaneous kills used on them? (Because if the redirection theory is correct, that counts as two kills. Two unblockable and anything piercing kills, as redirects go before kills in the action order)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 03, 2017, 05:22:10 am »

It's like, us (Jaques, TolieK, and Tearooine) are working by process of elimination (because it'd be hilarious if any of us are scum given that we literally fullclaimed to each other and planned stuff together >.<), and I'm curious on multiple parts--one is I've snipped out Persus because he died the same day the abductkill was done [and I'm presuming at least 2 anti-town because PROBABLY that abductkill is separate from the mafiakill given the...err, death this day; Night 2, if Hector13 is to be believed, means only HE died but we don't know how he died]
That said a TWICE OVER revive and a kill only on death is a very...strange claim. Like, out of all the folks who did revive--and I assume 2/3rds of them are town lest my sanity go on the verge of paranoia--literally ALL OF YOU have at least 1 claimed revive, with Hecty and Perzeus being proven to have it. You claimed...two.

So (since nobody is even talking about it on quicktopic HMPF YOU GUYS), I'm leaning on Tea after a lot of thought and reading through the three of you through the thread [thanks post tracker]. >.> No offense Tea.

Are you mixing up my claim with Persus's?

I have /one/ 1-shot revive auto that reloads every cycle. Persus is the one that claimed that he gets 2 total revives, one of which was used up. I gain access to my currently unusable abilities the first time I die (and am revived), which didn't occur to me was possible until you mentioned it, but I did confirm it with Webadict.

I was theorizing that the abductkill was an x-shot special mafiakill until you pointed out the cycle stipulation with the mafiakill. I believe that means that there was no mafiakill N3 given the rules change+D4 kill combo.

Has Hector used any Friendly Neighbor shots since he claimed to reset his role? Would mostly prove he isn't the person who daykilled if nothing else.

I seem not to be able to nest spoilers, sooo quotewall here we go.

Persus13:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Persus (click to show/hide)
A strange D1 (a Fallacy vote detached from the rest of his daygame, with more focus on flabort) mitigated somewhat by good votes D2 and D3.  Not the best activity record.  However, Persus appears to have been where doll's kill was redirected.

hector13:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Hector (click to show/hide)
hector13's scumhunt frustrations feel real, his behaviour towards the scumteam has been quite antagonistic (it would be an awful lot of distancing), and that last D3 post makes him look very unaware of 4mask's abilities.  Also, there's the death/revive.  His lack of votes days 2 and 3 is alarming, though.
Overall, hector13 is the towniest-feeling of the

Tea:
Spoiler: Loose Notes: Tea (click to show/hide)
There are parts of Tea's post history that look good.  Consistency in fighting the scumteam, in particular.  However, there are problems.  The D1 flabort vote, and in particular its end-of-day handling (lost much of its base, but it was kept for testing flabort's revive claim), comes off as less than legitimate: why hold that vote?  The D3 vote sat on non-playing scum careening towards a modkill, although the vote was held in part to avoid a hammer.  I also can't shake the feeling that I was buddied a bit (see questions below).

For Tea to be part of the scumteam, there would have to be a good bit of bussing.  That is true of most everyone now, though.  However, with the possible exception of the early D1 Fallacy push, Tea's bussing would be very safe, for lack of a better term.  Votes were on/intended to be on those already on the path to death, whether by strong consensus, unlucky night results, or modkill levels of inactivity.  Relatively low-risk to the team.

This was a bit of a tough and long decision, but based on behaviour and on the kill record, I vote Tea.

I agree with most of [Jack's] analysis in the post this quote is from BTW.
Tea: Why did you feel the need to tell me this?  The "BTW" underlines how small a connection this had to the rest of the post.  What was this sentence meant to add?
I very much agree with the second half of Jack's recent post but have been having trouble articulating it.
Also, why did you feel the need to say this?  It doesn't seem to add much to your statement (although more than the last quote), particularly since you gave your thoughts on handling millers a couple sentences later.

Anyway, the body snatching kill thing happened N1, not on N2, and then on N3. Could be a Balance influenced thing, maybe just coincidence.
Hector13: Being aware of why there was no successful kill N2, why did you say this?

So.

Agreed that Hector is incredibly unlikely to be mafia. Personally, beyond his friendly neighbor night action and his claim that he isn't sure whether he protected Tiruin/TDS, I feel like I have no real behavioral reason not to 3P read him. What sort of valuation do you put on those/similar things?

Regarding Persus: Stated TBF/FoU preferred lynches mid-to-late day are risky for mafia (more active shade of Pozzai/flabort/etc. there would seem to be more pro-mafia wincon), other than that I'm...actually not sure his interactions there are very clearing. As far as D2, I actually didn't like the shade here from D2 directed at flabort/hector, seems a bit on-the-nose/overly uppity. I find the FoU vote in the same pretty null, esp considering 4mask's awkward last minute bus progression there.

What I remember about my mindset for voting flabort D1 in the first place:
- doll's string of posts here greatly influenced and preceded my vote, so your note that my vote preceded <w/e doll thing> seems, uh, a tad context deaf?
- The vote was partly a PoE vote - I felt flabort was likely to flip some shade of scum by virtue of not doing things that seemed town, and due to doll's strong conviction that he would interfere with doll's abilities, was fine with me.
- When I initially voted I wasn't completely clear on whether we had enough votes to extend or whether a majority of votes being on one person were needed to not have the end in no lynch

What I remember about my mindset for leaving the vote:
- When flabort first came back, I was really stunned as to how I was being categorized as either a spammer or someone ruining the game via personal attacks. It became clear later that he somehow went from having a read/gut feeling on me that was clearly distinct from his reads on doll and Pozzai in his wall of reads, to less than 48 hours later mixing me up with both of them and demonizing all 3 of us for, uh, daring to get on his lawn? He was obviously incredibly upset/frustrated by being suspected for inactivity-related health reasons - but being self-righteous about that can come, validly, from any alignment. One can have a more difficult time projecting town due to non-game-related reasons and still be mafia. He claimed that lynching him would flip him and revive him, and if that were really true I thought that it would be really good for game health to have someone who was so frustrated by being suspected potentially be able to be confirmed and still live/be able to relax+cooperate more, because I just...didn't know how to begin to understand or question someone who had suddenly shifted to demonizing me so incomprehensibly. (It took me until, liiike, end of D3(?) for all the emotions on my end to completely die down and for me to really get to a read on him).
- I had some doubts about flabort actually being able to flip, though, considering that I had a revive ability and couldn't. I started trying to kind of work through what that could mean toward day end - was wondering if he was Judas or otherwise lying/wrong, and wanted it sorted.
- I truly was fine with lynching FoU as well.

As far as the buddying accusations:
1) I was really glad you noticed the quote timing, which had me thinking of you positively. I felt a vague sense of solidarity with your conclusion that there frustrating wasn't much to get from FoU's own posts having reread besides TolyK stuff, though his posts did affect my reads to a greater extent. Kinda same deal with 4mask/Tiruin, was glad to see someone interested in pressuring in those directions (esp 4mask) since those were the 2 that had the worst FoU interactions that I personally felt like I'd get the least from trying to question myself. I considered expanding that I didn't find hector's lack of follow-up on FoU suspicious + that I wasn't sure I agreed that DarkStar's scumread of FoU was significant since he seemed to scumread basically everyone/he had a relatively soft way of phrasing his FoU suspicions in general. Idr if it was tactical or due to laziness that I didn't expand more; maybe both.
2) I spend more time than it prob seems like refreshing the thread and trying to put things into words; that was a part of the game where that was especially a thing - top townread (hector) starting a really obstinate argument with 2nd from top townread (Lengrag); wanted things directed elsewhere but was a bit braindead. Your post was like a jumper cable for getting my thoughts out, which I was appreciative of. First half I disagreed with b/c I didn't see hector as having scummy intent at the time, which I went on to explain in the next paragraph.

I've outlined my suspicion of your D1 play in greater detail in this post, and I'm curious why that didn't make it into your summary, and just that in a previous post ~I have no scumreads~.

You voted flabort here about 12 hours before the original deadline without voting for an extension (at least not that was counted by the mod). To what extent were you fine with being lynched then?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 03, 2017, 07:03:52 pm »

Webadict: If a person gets killed, but has a revive, what would've happened if there were TWO simultaneous kills used on them?
Tiruin: Asked and answered:
Webadict: Alright, thank you.  Also, as it was missed: If in one night two kill actions hit a player with a one-shot autorevive, what happens?
Revives will happen at the end, so both kills succeed, kill the player, and then the player revives. Assuming no other actions.

Tea:
On Hector: Friendly Neighbour, like other powers that declare their owner/user to be town, tells me little about his alignment.  Webadict has given scum similar powers before (BYOR 4), and I don't expect much limitation.  It does give a somewhat public action record, though.  The claim uncertainty feels real, but I get my town-specific read (not just non-mafia) more from the feeling that he was legitimately frustrated in his efforts to scumhunt (the TBF and Lenglon interactions in particular), indicating legitimate scumhunting.  At some level, frustration with TBF is expected, but that one post is noteworthy for how it oozes rage, rage at dealing with a brick wall.  A scumhunter's frustration more than a teammate's frustration.

On Persus: I wouldn't say anything he's done is clearing, especially with doll's actions once again unconfirmed and the possible redirect less meaningful than I thought.  The FoU vote D2 comes off much better than 4mask's (less awkward, and at a time when there were sort of competitive lynch options), but as I said, it only somewhat mitigates the strange D1 voting/hunting behaviour, in which his words and his vote are on different wagons.

Quote from: Tea
- doll's string of posts here greatly influenced and preceded my vote, so your note that my vote preceded <w/e doll thing> seems, uh, a tad context deaf?
The note about doll's thing is because I see that particular thing as key context for most of the day's activities.  Before doll set his plan in stone (when there was still a bit of an open question as to who he would kill), I see votes as more meaningfully tied to top suspicion.  It's somewhat disruptive to standard voting practice.

I've outlined my suspicion of your D1 play in greater detail in this post, and I'm curious why that didn't make it into your summary, and just that in a previous post ~I have no scumreads~.
Because you have no scumreads.

The post you link to is an extension of thoughts, positions, and logic from your read list, where I was not most scummy, but least townish.  You never say you think I'm mafia; you say that you could see me as mafia.  You speak of non-implausibility of me being scum, rather than likelihood.  You hold your vote at arm's length, with limited commitment.  This is a classic method of distancing oneself from one's vote and from the results of a lynch, though it can also be uncertainty.  It's something that makes me raise an eyebrow, particularly when it continues in your more detailed comments.

That said, you seem to imply here that you do have a scumread of me.  Do you have a scumread of me?

You voted flabort here about 12 hours before the original deadline without voting for an extension (at least not that was counted by the mod). To what extent were you fine with being lynched then?
Looking back, your timing is wrong.
At the time of that post, it was about 9:00 PM my time (Pacific Daylight), 10:00 PM CST (11:00 PM forum time, CDT), hence my note about no more posting that night.  The day was scheduled to end in about 22 hours.  I think you misread a PM as an AM.

You make a lot of that 12-hour idea.  How does the actual timing change your position?

As for my vote, I was comfortable with my vote where it was, and comfortable with the lynch, particularly since I had time (to sleep, especially).  I would not have voted for it if I was not.

As far as the buddying accusations:
[...]
Hm.  You mention having substantial disagreements with me that were not emphasized, or were largely left out.  Emphasis of agreement and de-emphasis of disagreement.
If I might ask one thing, because I think I might be on to something: to what extent was this a product of you just not wanting to go through another dispute like the D1 clusterfuck between us?

Quote from: Tea
I was theorizing that the abductkill was an x-shot special mafiakill until [Tiruin] pointed out the cycle stipulation with the mafiakill. I believe that means that there was no mafiakill N3 given the rules change+D4 kill combo.
I am quite doubtful.  Having to skip killing for a cycle to take advantage of the daykill power would be strange, and in the past, when such a restriction was in place, it was an explicit part of the relevant power (see Ottofar).  Let's quickly check, though:

Webadict: Say the mafia mafiakilled N3.  With Spectator mode added, would they be able to mafiakill D4?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:44 am »

Well, shoot, I seem to have lost track of time.

Day is extended to Thursday, due to the awesome holiday tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1229 on: July 04, 2017, 09:57:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Persus13 - 
Tea - Jack A T,
Tiruin - Tiruin,
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Persus13, Tea, TolyK,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, July 6th around 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95