Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193290 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1170 on: June 29, 2017, 07:56:53 pm »

Well, thank you Webadict. :)

:( Very upset to learn about the mafiakill being both a day and night action right now. Really hope the remaining anti town are an SK like Tiruin theorized.

With errors corrected, I have gained my ability from whomever stole my vote (probably Tiruin).

My new ability: Election, 1-shot, night. At the start of the day an election is held to decide a president. That player decides who is lynched that day. If the president is me, I gain a permanent vote.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #1171 on: June 29, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »

Webadict:
Quote from: OP Rules
- I cannot answer questions about player's roles unless that player's role is available to be seen (i.e. Roleflips.) I cannot answer questions about your role in thread. I can, however, answer generic questions. I will simply ask you to rephrase the question, if I deem the question is bad.
When people submit roles for this BYOR; is it possible for them to not be given any abilities at all?
Surprisingly, the answer is "No." You will always be given abilities.

I wonder why you would even ask. >:D

Vote Count
------------------------
flabort -
hector13 - TolyK,
Jack A T - Tea,
Persus13 - TheDarkStar,
Tea -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jack A T, Tiruin, Persus13,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, July 3rd around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:26 pm »

I have some thoughts, but it's late, so summary:

My last post was made in a hurry prior to leaving for tourism, so that may have contributed to the "jumpiness" component Tiruin felt from it. It appeared she felt it was the way to go from my read through of it (remember I was in a hurry) and I really thought the idea was bad - basically "we should lynch someone with a kill so they can kill scum" as opposed to us lynching scum - hence strong reaction.

Looked over Jack's stuff, though not so much into the other reasons in their case against TDS (at least not the links to various posts) but anyway, it looks like TDS isn't being scumread any more, so he doesn't need to reconcile scum!4mask redirecting his TDS!buddy. I did also see why he was befuddled by TDS confusion over his particular ability, it... was kinda egregious, but also kinda not.

However, I need to reconcile my read on Tiruin, seeing as scum!4mask redirected to her...

As for Tolyk's vote, dude needs to consider things from my perspective. He has rarely used his vote - his voice as Town - and has a QT to which he has invited half the town, within which information is being kept from the town at large, which doesn't exactly foster trust among the non-QT members of the town in the QT members. Thus, I was merely voicing that in the post he was upset about. He's only really getting any trust from at least me 'cause FoU was on his ass all game long.

By the same token, I'm only really trusted 'cause of my friendly neighboir ability so... yeah. I haven't used my vote much either, evidently I am unconsciously not a fan of hammers.

Also I haven't claimed, 'cause I don't like claiming. All the most interesting parts have been revealed anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:52 pm »

Final also, I got sunburnt on a cloudy day. Being Scottish is awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 30, 2017, 12:04:28 am »

Ok, I have some info.

First, I used my one-shot inspect yesterday before Tiruin did her role switch with Lenglon-Shakerag and Lenglon-Shakerag were third party (I targeted them because that way I could essentially confirm two players as town at once). Hence why I thought they seemed cultish. I followed them last night and they visited TolyK and Tea (not that it helps much, since they're dead) but we do have one third party down.

A proper readthrough of stuff will come when I have time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:14 am »

Ok, I have some info.

First, I used my one-shot inspect yesterday before Tiruin did her role switch with Lenglon-Shakerag and Lenglon-Shakerag were third party (I targeted them because that way I could essentially confirm two players as town at once). Hence why I thought they seemed cultish. I followed them last night and they visited TolyK and Tea (not that it helps much, since they're dead) but we do have one third party down.

A proper readthrough of stuff will come when I have time.
You did not remember their Miller claim? Of course you saw them as third party, they've always been claiming that anyone looking at them would see third party or serial killer. This is NOT news. You wasted your oneshot inspect.

The only useful information there is that they visited TolyK.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 30, 2017, 12:34:24 am »

My one-shot sees alignments regardless of autos. In addition, I highly doubt that the miller ability exists because Tiruin claims to have not received it. We'll see what Lenglon-Shakerag flip tomorrow (assuming that the "missing" thing is just a one-day delay in the flip, just like it was before) but I'm pretty sure they're third party.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 30, 2017, 03:14:16 am »

Jack A T - TBH this is more of a lack of a townread than a scumread but I can see how pushing me D1 --> flabort ---> hopping on FoU after doll-Leng-etc. camp started pushing FoU is advantageous for scum. Him using a helpful night action on 4mask, who he had as null in a readlist mid-day1, is mildly indicative of them as partners. If there's super special TolyK reasons that I'm wrong on this I'd like to hear it.
Tea: When you have nothing but townreads, the permanently unreadable becomes an appealing target.
There are no super special TolyK reasons for any pre-N3 actions, and even last night, they were more "super special Tiruin and Lengrag" reasons.  That said, there are a few things I think need to be mentioned regarding this narrative.

First, while my D1 vote on FoU was late in the day, it had a clear antecedent.  I was hardly a latecomer.  You're putting people before me who weren't before me.  Lenglon, who you mention, wasn't even part of the push until late D2.

As for giving a thing to 4mask and my read on him, I recommend rereading my readlist read, looking at why it was null, and considering what happened afterwards regarding 4mask.  For convenience:
4maskwolf: Start of game, he came off well, clashing against social norms to get his opinions out.  Then his contributions started thinning out.  Content-light posts for a while, and nothing for over 24 hours.  I get the impression that he's busy in the background, and look forward to his return.  Null.
It should not be hard to figure out how my read changed.

Firstly, I meant to say flabort instead of the last FoU. But let me walk you and others through my interpretation of D1 stuff.

Spoiler: Vote Count Analysis (click to show/hide)

Secondly, you quoting a post I'm already familiar with doesn't change my read that it's a slight partner-tell that you would target him N1 as opposed to anyone else you'd stated townreads on /shrug. Feel free to further explain the progression of your read on him from EOD1 to D2 if you remember it though.

~

Tiruin: Since I last posted I confirmed with Webadict that I do get to access my {unusable} abilities the first time I die (even if I'm revived). That interpretation hadn't occurred to me until you explained it more. Which is good. Means my role waaaay less trolly than I'd thought.

What I meant about being salty is that I'm personally frustrated by the fact that we don't know if doll used no actions or if they were interfered with because of the nature of doll's last post. I was saying that, if I am permanently dead and do not use my abilities, know for a fact that it is not because I'm mad about being lynched and forsaking the town.

~

I've gone on an emotional rollercoaster from refreshing the thread while at work, because I briefly forgot about the miller claim so I went from "WHAAAAAAAT?? They seemed so townie to me so if that's really the case then I'm glad they're probably dead by weird abduction" to ".............DarkStar what the f---, man, you had one job" to "....................I don't know what to believe anymore ;_;" Gonna have to sleep on it.

~

I think Persus is prob my closest thing to a 3P read?? Cuz his reads have been pretty townsided but he's flying super under the radar. If he could expand upon why he targeted TDS that'd be cooool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #1178 on: June 30, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »

Webadict:
Quote from: OP Rules
- I cannot answer questions about player's roles unless that player's role is available to be seen (i.e. Roleflips.) I cannot answer questions about your role in thread. I can, however, answer generic questions. I will simply ask you to rephrase the question, if I deem the question is bad.
When people submit roles for this BYOR; is it possible for them to not be given any abilities at all?
Surprisingly, the answer is "No." You will always be given abilities.

I wonder why you would even ask. >:D
._.
At this point I'm open to even thinking webadict is a player and that's because someone made him a secret player.

Silly paranoia aside, that means there is a 3rd or "4th" Mafia given that fakeflip or whatever.
If that person was Town in whomever slashed TBF's role or alignment--they'd be claiming now for their credibility, but they ain't.

Please update the OP, Webadict :P

And the two people who haven't still claimed despite my multiple posts poking them are Hector13 and Persus13.
Both of whom have 13 in their names, too.

My one-shot sees alignments regardless of autos. In addition, I highly doubt that the miller ability exists because Tiruin claims to have not received it. We'll see what Lenglon-Shakerag flip tomorrow (assuming that the "missing" thing is just a one-day delay in the flip, just like it was before) but I'm pretty sure they're third party.
Um .-. didn't you get redirected to me though- wait that was a day action and 4mask doesn't have a day action.
>.>
Are you...checking back on the thread in the past? Because Flabort's note is a very important one to note.
And you didn't use that alignment checker earlier, why?

Next: Yes I have no 'miller' ability :P Lenglon cleared it up. Otherwise, this means EITHER OF Y'ALL ABDUCTED LENGLAG.
Persus, I'ma vote your boat unless you even claim anything further than what you've done thus far. I do like your day streak, but I don't like that both you and Hector have been pretty silent about yourselves; especially since you, Tea, and Hector are all having revives to party with.

Seriously all them revives @_@ And the fact that NOBODY has outright claimed a nuke-like action?

Really feeling like there's an SK out there or something really high-powered anti-town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 30, 2017, 12:17:22 pm »

EBWOP: I totally missed that FoU ACTUALLY CHANGED THE RULES HIMSELF because of some weird stuff not even somehow mentioned when he got lynched. Bluh.

Still that leaves TBF as a wildcard who I bet is being framed or whatever. Guess that influenced my thinking and I can't believe I missed that bit about FoU.

[/shame]

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 30, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »

I just reread all the flips and noticed this:
Pozzai was Hops (town).[/b]
Hops
(Night) Bitter Preservative [target]: Guard the target from kills. If the target would die, you die instead.
Does anyone know who Pozzai visited N1?

I meant to post last night, but I wasn't able to use the internet, so posting now instead.

Let's start with my claim. My role was the Defenestrations of Prague, because I didn't want to try and mess with webadict this time.

I started as the First Defenestration of Prague, which had two abilities, a role block and a protect, and an two-shot auto called Self-Defenestrate where I'd jump out of a window and revive as the next Defenestration of Prague to escape the kill. I used the block on TBF N1, and then someone tried to kill me, so I became the Second Defenestration. I lost my protect and my roleblock, and now I have no night actions, and a one-shot randomize day action. If I die again I'll revive as the Third Defenestration.

So three of the Mafia team are dead, but the game isn't over. But the after death shenanigans seem to imply theres a Mafia player that's still alive. So there's two main possibilities here, that one Mafia player is remaining, or there are no Mafia players left and all that's left is a third party. The lack of a second kill again could support this. Or the second N1 was a one shot. At any rate, if someone is daykilled, it may clear things up.
[...]
Tea - I can't remember anything except they were also being frustrated by this game. I'll need to fix that
[...]
Tea You said you control the dead; the 'dead FoU' is still bloody acting.
BUT, Persus; I don't see how it implies a Mafia still alive. The rule is in action and seems isolated from whether Mafia live or not?
I didn't say with 100% certainty there was a Mafia player still alive. I stated its possible there isn't one left. However, if all the Mafia are dead, why would Fallacy care to change the rules? He'd have already lost.

Also dudes, turn your pages to Night 1. There was a kill--Persus absorbed it in his face, and then there's the abduct-kill(Presumed kill because Pozzai died the next night; N2).
SOMEHOW this is working again rather than disappearing N1.
SOMEHOW some stuff happened between then and now that didn't let it occur on N2/N3 if I presume it hit only on N1.
This was my line of thought yesterday. It could be that Hector absorbed both kills N2.

Hector/Persus/Tea; what did you do last night and why haven't you claimed it in the day?
I said this already, but I hit TDS with my Used Beer Can.

Persus13:

TheDarkStar- His interactions with 4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish seemed off, I'll need to reread to put my finger on why. So as he probably figured out by now, I hit him with Jack's oneshot last night

How is it town-oriented play to remove my information-gathering auto?
You're not confirmed town.

TheDarkStar- His interactions with 4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish seemed off, I'll need to reread to put my finger on why. So as he probably figured out by now, I hit him with Jack's oneshot last night
Persus13: You chucked a beer can at TDS, disabling his autos for a cycle.  Based on what you've seen (his claimed auto being the most solid and most supported part of his claim), what did you hope to accomplish with this?
My brain didn't register that his self-watch was an Auto ability. I saw TBF and 4maskwolf flip Mafia and decided to use the only night action I had on my next suspect, which was TDS. Now I'm regretting not hitting Tea with it.

From the votecounts I'm suspicious of Jack A T and Tea. Still need to look at TDS and 4maskwolf's posts in the thread, but I have to got to get off the computer right now.
Jack A T- Looked at his voting record, and its Tea, flabort, Fallacy and TDS.
Tea - Voting TBF at the end Day 3 despite him barely being present in the game. Voting another Mafia player that's not the one being lynched is not a bad strategy. Also, their roleclaim feels fishy.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 30, 2017, 04:30:35 pm »

I will be in a low-connectivity area during the weekend, so preemptive Extend.

So, of the players left:
flabort - seems town to me, given all that's happened. Worst that could be is that he was targeted N3 with the 1-shot "mafiakill" to convert.
hector13 - Scummy. See below.
Jack A T - In chat. Had slight suspicion he was scum, but he's been completely truthful in his claims thus far, so I'm convinced he's town.
Persus13 - Not too much going either way, really. Seems town-y. Hit TDS with auto-disabler. PPE: Has 2 revives. Of course.
Tea - seems town-ish, due to being truthful. Voting pattern seems typical. Except, basically unkillable right now. How do people get such roles, I don't know...
TheDarkStar - seems to be third party, but not mafia, to several people. Basically not much activity all game + conflicting role claim, but vote behavior doesn't indicate scum and it doesn't seem to make much sense. Also "inspected LengRag" when they said they had a 3p-Miller ability, and trying to show they're third party ("ignores autos"). Seems like a 3p trying really hard to not look 3p, so TDS=SK theory seems to have ground.
Tiruin - In chat. Town, given truthfulness + my own inspection + lengrag switchfail.
TolyK - "Cult leader" and "town poisoner", Tiruin. :P
No Lynch - I thought he was scummy earlier on, but he seems cool now.

So, I'm least sure on hector, persus, TDS, and (to an extent) Tea.
Pretty certain flabort, Tiruin, Jack and TolyK are town.
Seems like 1 Mafia left (w/ a revive and daykill...) and 1 SK? That gives us a pretty good chance to lynch a baddie.

Still voting for hector13 as he was the second to vote Jack whilst kinda buddying Tea, plus other things I can't remember ATM. Jumped on an "easy" Tiruin vote. Seems most scummy to me, currently. What doesn't fit this is that he was killed + revived N2.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 01, 2017, 12:33:57 am »

So three of the Mafia team are dead, but the game isn't over. But the after death shenanigans seem to imply theres a Mafia player that's still alive. So there's two main possibilities here, that one Mafia player is remaining, or there are no Mafia players left and all that's left is a third party. The lack of a second kill again could support this. Or the second N1 was a one shot. At any rate, if someone is daykilled, it may clear things up.
[...]
Tea - I can't remember anything except they were also being frustrated by this game. I'll need to fix that
[...]
Tea You said you control the dead; the 'dead FoU' is still bloody acting.
BUT, Persus; I don't see how it implies a Mafia still alive. The rule is in action and seems isolated from whether Mafia live or not?
I didn't say with 100% certainty there was a Mafia player still alive. I stated its possible there isn't one left. However, if all the Mafia are dead, why would Fallacy care to change the rules? He'd have already lost.
Somehow between the time of his death (and that meant he had that one-shot, anytime at this time), he didn't use it in between then (like the whole cycle after) and today.

And having a Mafiakill as a day action is FAR MORE over all those other bloody rules that's in his system.
Additional Information
Rules:
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.
Creative - The next Mafia Player to die revives. This ability only triggers once per game.
Hardcore - Whenever a Mafia Player uses a Mafiakill, they may also choose to Block their target.
Spectator - The Mafiakill is a Day action.
Adventure - The Mafiakill cannot be redirected or blocked.

Tiruin - In chat. Town, given truthfulness + my own inspection + lengrag switchfail.
TolyK - "Cult leader" and "town poisoner", Tiruin. :P
No Lynch - I thought he was scummy earlier on, but he seems cool now.
Uhh...what was all that about me? [Please clarify] o_O

Flabort: As TDS got his update, surely you got yours. Fullclaim please.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 01, 2017, 01:19:00 am »

Hohoho.

Someone has made a brazen move.

You watch as a shadow appears behind TheDarkStar and slashes her in half. You're not sure which part is more concerning though: The two halves of TheDarkStar or the fact that they're all spiders. Like, there are spiders EVERYWHERE. And they're spouting all the worst things imaginable.

Who would ever listen to such horrible propaganda?

TheDarkStar has been killed!

TheDarkStar was Spiders, Spiders Everywhere (cult).

Votes Reset.

Vote Count
------------------------
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Persus13 - 
Tea -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jack A T, Tiruin, Persus13, Tea, TolyK,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, July 3rd around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Creative - The next Mafia Player to die revives. This ability only triggers once per game.
Spectator - The Mafiakill is a Day action.

Spiders, Spiders Everywhere

(Auto) Tangled Webs: When a player targets you, they gain a Web Strand on them. You learn of all players that target you each Phase. When you die, all Web Strands disappear.
(Night) Multiply [target]: The target gains double the number of Web Strands.
(Night) Spiders Everywhere: All players with Web Strands gain one additional Web Strand.
(Night) Web Shot [target]: The target gains 2 Web Strands. You learn who they targeted at Night., and those targets also gain a Web Strand.
(Any) Cocoon [target]: You kill the target. This ability fails if the target has less than 15 Web Strands. If this is used during the Day, this action is public.
(1-Shot) Marionette: You convert the Town player with the most Web Strands to your alignment. You will gain access to a private chat with them. This ability cannot be destroyed or reloaded.

Role Information
Web Strand:
As players gain Web Strands, effects happen to players.
5+ Web Strands - Any player with 5+ Web Strands that targets a player gives their target a Web Strand.
10+ Web Strands - The player becomes Webbed. Any player that targets a player with 10+ Web Strands also gains a Web Strand.
15+ Web Strands - You are notified of any player with 15+ Web Strands.

Webbed: You are Webbed. You are finding your movements difficult. Everything you touch and everything that touches you is getting covered in Webs!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1184 on: July 01, 2017, 01:31:36 am »

O_o
...And the game isn't ended yet. Wow does everyone have flavor as girls or what :P

Webadict: Do we know how many webstrands people have before TDS' death?

ALSO WHY IS THE SPIDER PERSON A CULTIST THRICE DARNIT. Also(2), I'ma roll over to read back what had happened in D2 or otherwise. That said, Lenglon-Shakerag have been his targets as far as mentioned before so...
Double cult death? Whoever that Mafia/SK is, that's on a roll for town :3

Although I do wonder why I wasn't the target :v
And why the vote was reset.
And why TDS would 'confirm' me as Town just like 4mask did :V (and 4mask talk about TDS in the same manner or whatever too--referencing that thing I said about D2 stuff)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 95