Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193197 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1155 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:50 am »

Tea You said you control the dead; the 'dead FoU' is still bloody acting.

BUT, Persus; I don't see how it implies a Mafia still alive. The rule is in action and seems isolated from whether Mafia live or not?

Also dudes, turn your pages to Night 1. There was a kill--Persus absorbed it in his face, and then there's the abduct-kill(Presumed kill because Pozzai died the next night; N2).
SOMEHOW this is working again rather than disappearing N1.
SOMEHOW some stuff happened between then and now that didn't let it occur on N2/N3 if I presume it hit only on N1.

Also seriously people haven't fullclaimed yet. Hector, Persus, Tea, TolyK (Or at least, Tea and TolyK didn't do it in a nice list format :P)
NEXT

~Fullclaim~

Role Name: Calendar Man
-> (Batman character who I am not actually very familiar with but my brother mentioned him recently sooo)
Theme: Permanently dead players can still influence the game

Rewind, 1-shot auto - I revive on death. This reloads 1 cycle after being used
Holiday, Night - Due to <Calendar Man flavor> I go do my thing of celebrating a holiday and robbing ppl, the effect being that I become untargetable
Doomsday Device [target], 1-shot unusable - After I die I can kill [target]
Absentee Vote, 1-shot unusable - After I die I can PM Webadict a vote

N1 took no action and had my vote stolen
N2 took no action and had my vote returned
N3 used Holiday

--

I don't control the dead or have any contact with them and don't know where you're getting otherwise; it's just my fault so many people can do things after death from a design perspective. PPE: You figured this out.

FoU messing around with the game rules after all the mafia are dead is I guess possible? Seems less likely to me than there just being a 4th mafia considering how checked out of the game the dead mafia seemed to be - guess I don't envision them sitting around in graveyard chat or in PM with Webadict being like lol let's spite the town.

Your SK theory with the abduction kills...kinda makes sense actually :\ since I last checked the thread I was just thinking about how Jack's claim reconciles with the weird abduction kills and it...doesn't. So I don't think Jack is the 4th mafia who is also the source of the missingpeople. At least it's a bit til deadline since I...don't feel like dealing with 3p hunting at this particular moment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 29, 2017, 01:50:12 am »

All deez revives make me wonder if someone has a nuclear bomb option or whatever @_@ Seriously. That's...what, 3+ revives already known?!

:v
Tea? Can we lynch you and you kill someone? What're your thoughts on that? [It's effectively going to be a day kill...as I presume stuff that happens on a lynch = still day]

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 29, 2017, 02:00:36 am »

Spending two days lynching town is a massive waste of time, so I can't say I'm a fan.

I'm not gonna go all salty and ragequit if that's what's voted for, though, so if there's no sign of my abilities being used then know that I'm being interfered with.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 29, 2017, 02:16:28 am »

Spending two days lynching town is a massive waste of time, so I can't say I'm a fan.

I'm not gonna go all salty and ragequit if that's what's voted for, though, so if there's no sign of my abilities being used then know that I'm being interfered with.
Err...Tea? You revive.
And if you get lynched, you 'die', so you can then enable your kill when you get lynched as that induces death.
That's how I read it anyway. x.x

...I don't get how that first sentence makes sense however?
Or on the salty and ragequit?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 29, 2017, 10:16:28 am »

Tiruin

A'ight, why are you deciding to lynch someone - which, as far as we know, is the town's only way of killing scum - 'cause of the mechanics of their role, as opposed to their alignment?

All the revives we've seen so far have happened more or less immediately, including flabort's D1 lynch. What makes you think that webadict will accept that the time between Tea being lynched and their revive is time they can use their kill, and why would we not just lynch someone and not waste the time?

What makes you think everyone in your non-mason chat is trustworthy? Has it escaped your notice that Tolyk has only invited the most experienced players they have played with before? What do you think about Tolyk not voting substantially for the entire game?

Also, another thing, the abduction didn't happen the night I was killed/revived, so I could have something to do with it :o

... but I don't, so whatevs.

Not read Jack yet; tourism abounds.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 29, 2017, 10:55:52 am »

Tiruin

A'ight, why are you deciding to lynch someone - which, as far as we know, is the town's only way of killing scum - 'cause of the mechanics of their role, as opposed to their alignment?
You...somehow reacted to the idea and took it as a chance to make what seems to be an emotionally pulling case when I merely suggested [and, in seeing it as decided? Pretty strange] it based on the exact wording presented. "Die" means 'dead' and not 'revived'.

Doomsday Device [target], 1-shot unusable - After I die I can kill [target]
Rewind, 1-shot auto - I revive on death. This reloads 1 cycle after being used
See this. If she dies--which does not account for revives and does not mean to be 'should be DED', then she can kill this person. Since we just lost our BLOODY TWOFOLD INSPECTOR who was Lenglon-Shakerag (which will flip my past role too), I just y'know, brought the idea up in a way to poke awareness instead of 'hey let's do this!' :v

What makes you think everyone in your non-mason chat is trustworthy? Has it escaped your notice that Tolyk has only invited the most experienced players they have played with before? What do you think about Tolyk not voting substantially for the entire game?
While one of my past powers is hilariously named 'metaknowledge', that's something I never rely on in gleaning my idea of people :P I trust TolyK because that mason chat has basically our fullclaims at our disposal--it's just that something somehow happened and Jack's action hasn't happened to me, so I'm waiting on BOTH OF THEM TO RESPOND, especially as EITHER have not logged in- wait no TOlyK is logged in right now :v

But yeah, I do treat them with a degree of suspicion, but given the behavior within the masonchat and that there's literally 70-ish messages before I joined between them in a 'really casually trusting and informal' manner...it doesn't really seem like they're anti-town :v

Why are you being jumpy o_O

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 29, 2017, 11:03:55 am »

I've just logged in. :)

Alright, so: I can corroborate Tea's claim regarding N3. Am definitely not sure about lynching her to get the kill off.

To me, at least, Tiruin and Jack are completely cleared, and I've demonstrated to them my abilities.

Gut feeling + a bit of memory of my old notes gives me reason to vote for Hector13, especially given his latest post. I mean, it's not scummy, but seems very opportunistic and is trying to dislodge trust.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 29, 2017, 11:07:56 am »

I've just logged in. :)

Alright, so: I can corroborate Tea's claim regarding N3. Am definitely not sure about lynching her to get the kill off.
Just to clarify: NO I'm not going to lynch Tea (I mean seriously, the moment I suggested it was moreso 'the moment I'm bored in waiting for people to respond and hey let's do this to see how people respond in the now :v)
And the responses were...quite reasonably casual and not that uppity. I guess.

Because looking back at context between then-Tea and now-Tea, I'm still seeing her in the same <_< She can't be our hidden anti-town dude.

Although I am curious about what happened in the night. Whatever occurred--Jack's plan failed, and TDS seriously has to post because he said he's a watcher-whatever. And Hector never fullclaimed :I

Also, another thing, the abduction didn't happen the night I was killed/revived, so I could have something to do with it :o

... but I don't, so whatevs.

Not read Jack yet; tourism abounds.
HAPPY TOURISM FOR YOU :D
But my grumpy intensifies on that awesome :o sentence of yours. I sincerely mean it's awesome by the way. It's what offsets my 'okay he reacted weirdly but...huh' feelings.
And yes it didn't happen then. v:
Is there any correlation between that and you not claiming?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 29, 2017, 11:21:50 am »

Jack A T - TBH this is more of a lack of a townread than a scumread but I can see how pushing me D1 --> flabort ---> hopping on FoU after doll-Leng-etc. camp started pushing FoU is advantageous for scum. Him using a helpful night action on 4mask, who he had as null in a readlist mid-day1, is mildly indicative of them as partners. If there's super special TolyK reasons that I'm wrong on this I'd like to hear it.

vote Jack A T

PPE: Yo flabort, as previously claimed I am planning on hiding for the rest of the game unless someone convinces me not to. I did last night. It will also take at least 2 day phases worth of stuff to kill me FYI because I revive on death (also as previously claimed).

Also please do read my posts. Kinda feels like no one remembers them X_X.
Re: PPE: Derp. It seems like you are not lying, though.

About Jack: I've always had a slight suspicion, but it was never really justified.
Reasons against him: You mostly mentioned them. He's also not pushed folks very much, though that's fairly normal for him. His action last night toward me did not work as was planned.
Reasons for him: He turned down a really good offer, though I need to rethink what to make of this. He also seemed town-y and didn't visibly lie yet.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:26 am »

Tiruin:

Err...Tea? You revive.
And if you get lynched, you 'die', so you can then enable your kill when you get lynched as that induces death.

What's the point of lynching Tea if it's really just getting someone else killed? It seems like you're just trying to weaken someone to nightkill them.

Persus13:

TheDarkStar- His interactions with 4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish seemed off, I'll need to reread to put my finger on why. So as he probably figured out by now, I hit him with Jack's oneshot last night

How is it town-oriented play to remove my information-gathering auto?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 29, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »

Tiruin:

Err...Tea? You revive.

What's the point of lynching Tea if it's really just getting someone else killed? It seems like you're just trying to weaken someone to nightkill them.
...So your first post today is to jump on this other than provide useful information?

Like what you did last night?
What did you do last night, MR. TRACKER?

And did anyone seriously notice my degree of investment in that kind of query to Tea :v
Because it's taking everything I'm saying literally without prodding the context (and placing context instead) that leads to that kind of FoSing. That means what I did is working.
Anyway, back to those two questions. What did you do and what's going on--or what's going on with you, because that's a ton of brevity there.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 29, 2017, 02:15:51 pm »

I'll have to wait on my night action, apparently there's some mod error (webadict forgot about my action) so I'll get back to you on that.

And I have no information about who targeted me because someone took away that auto.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 29, 2017, 02:39:54 pm »

Going to need to reread before I make a case today.  I doubt Fallacy came back just to mess with our thinking, so we've likely got 4 mafiosos (which is appropriate for this size of game).

TheDarkStar I doubt is one of those four.  Top suspect for third party?  Definitely.  His flabort case D2 is alarmingly shallow and baseless in any context, and that's not even touching the rest of my case.  Most of his activity is similarly shallow, largely leaning on his claim as authority.  However, for him to be part of the scumteam, we have to see 4mask's moves yesterday as intense distancing, which is reckless even for him.  Scum was down one already, and a second was on his way to modkill.  4mask may be gambit-oriented, but I doubt even he would try the redirect claim thing against a teammate in such a circumstance.

We still don't know what's causing the weird abduction-kills, though we can rule TBF out.  TBF's flip is another mystery: it's obviously not his real role.  More claims.

I'm going to have to do a solid reread.  The slog will take a while.

Also Jack A T: What happened to you and your night action.
Tiruin: See quicktopic.
Tea? Can we lynch you and you kill someone? What're your thoughts on that? [It's effectively going to be a day kill...as I presume stuff that happens on a lynch = still day]
I think there's a less roundabout way to kill whoever we end up wanting to kill.

(Hector, Jack, you are good at digging up past Wuba games. Any where the mafia could hide?)
flabort: Yes, though not often.  Mafiosoes in BYORs 14 (unlimited uses) and 10 (one-shot).   BYOR 13, one scum could give other players (including scum) a hide action one night.

TheDarkStar- His interactions with 4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish seemed off, I'll need to reread to put my finger on why. So as he probably figured out by now, I hit him with Jack's oneshot last night
Persus13: You chucked a beer can at TDS, disabling his autos for a cycle.  Based on what you've seen (his claimed auto being the most solid and most supported part of his claim), what did you hope to accomplish with this?

Jack A T - TBH this is more of a lack of a townread than a scumread but I can see how pushing me D1 --> flabort ---> hopping on FoU after doll-Leng-etc. camp started pushing FoU is advantageous for scum. Him using a helpful night action on 4mask, who he had as null in a readlist mid-day1, is mildly indicative of them as partners. If there's super special TolyK reasons that I'm wrong on this I'd like to hear it.
Tea: When you have nothing but townreads, the permanently unreadable becomes an appealing target.
There are no super special TolyK reasons for any pre-N3 actions, and even last night, they were more "super special Tiruin and Lengrag" reasons.  That said, there are a few things I think need to be mentioned regarding this narrative.

First, while my D1 vote on FoU was late in the day, it had a clear antecedent.  I was hardly a latecomer.  You're putting people before me who weren't before me.  Lenglon, who you mention, wasn't even part of the push until late D2.

As for giving a thing to 4mask and my read on him, I recommend rereading my readlist read, looking at why it was null, and considering what happened afterwards regarding 4mask.  For convenience:
4maskwolf: Start of game, he came off well, clashing against social norms to get his opinions out.  Then his contributions started thinning out.  Content-light posts for a while, and nothing for over 24 hours.  I get the impression that he's busy in the background, and look forward to his return.  Null.
It should not be hard to figure out how my read changed.

Jack a little less so 'cause of their vote on TDS toward D2 end of which I was not a fan; watcher and fracker are, imo, very easy to mix up.
hector: Is there anything else about that vote that you would like to comment on?

Wubawub: Your votecount for the end of D3 should include me voting for TDS, yes?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 29, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »

Geez guys. You make one minor error and then multiply a few times and then boom, everyone goes crazy. Give me a second to fix some things.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 29, 2017, 07:43:38 pm »

webadict: re: the mafiakill being a day action, does that mean the mafiakill is only a day action, or can it be used during the night too?
The Mafiakill may be used as either a Day action or a Night action under the current rules.

Everyone, especially Webadict Waiting on Webadict to tell me about any abilities I may have gained. Until I get a response, I'm not assuming anything, but I am theorizing that it's possible that I was blocked? No, blocks would not say "your action has failed", iirc.
Yeah, yeah. I got everything back in order. I blame illness.

Wubawub: Your votecount for the end of D3 should include me voting for TDS, yes?
Hmm, I probably missed it. My bad!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 95