Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776395 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10830 on: May 06, 2018, 04:20:35 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: May 06, 2018, 06:47:17 am »

You decide to meet with the emissary in public.

"King Estjald denounces this outrageous attempt at chaos, Emperor!" The diplomat proclaims loudly shortly after walking into the audience room.

"With much grief, King Estjald will have to reconsider the alliance treaty we have with Methiant, because lately you and your courtiers seem to be actively undermining the friendship between our nations, unless you make amends and apologize to him and Cydwyllian court."

"And what of Llewyn? My son must be made heir!" Alissa shouts from her chair, and the diplomat scoffs. He then opens up a scrolls and begins to read.

"'This is the will of sovereign King Estjald of Cydwy. Hereby I proclaim that my brother Cyl, is to be made heir and successor to the throne of Cydwyl in case of my death or incapacitation. So signeth I, King Estjald, on tenth day of Midsummer of year one thousand hundred seventy one.' And this is the copy of his will, may I present it to you." The diplomat approaches your throne and hands you the paper. Signature and royal seal of Cydwyl are genuine, you can tell.

"And here is the second paper - an edict of exile for you, Lady Alissa, as well as Princess Llewyn, Tolin and Aron." He hands you the second document, and again, you can't see any mark of forgery with your skilled eye. You quickly pass the documents to the Advisor for a quick check-up.

"This is an outrage!" Yells Alissa.

"I am the true heir of Cydwyl!" Llewyn echoes after her.

"An outrage is the despicable manner in which you left the palace of your King, Lady Alissa, taking your children, only to scheme and plot behind King Estjald's back with people whom he considered his most trusted allies!" The envoy replies, only angering Alissa more.

"If he made his will clear instead of collaborating with shadowy people, if he had not ignored my polite inquiries, there would be no such situation!"

"King Estjald wished to see if your son, besides his good health, had any traits indicative of a good ruler, compared to the well-renowned and charismatic man that is Cyl. My liege told me that 'Patience is a virtue, and Lady Alissa has none'. These are words of King Estjald." Alissa's pure red face indicates that she is near boiling point, while Llewyn is gripping on his sword so hard that his knuckles are turning white. The Advisor approaches you and leans to whisper.

"The seals are genuine. Those are truly documents signed by King Estjald." Courtiers are murmuring at your court, and there are many whispering conversations. Clearly, the noblemen are split on this whole issue. This situation will require delicate manuevering, lest your courtiers get unhappy or your authority plummets.

Of course, the decisions are in your hands.

As for relationship with King Estjald of Cydwyl...

A) Write a formal letter of apology.
B) Do nothing.
C) Dissolve the alliance and declare war against the scoundrel!
D) Send him valuable gifts.
E) Renounce the alliance treaty once and for all!

As for Lady Alissa and her kids...

A) Offer to make your palace her new home.
B) Kick them out for dragging you in this terrible mess.
C) Promise to make whatever you can to ensure that she and her kids return to Cydwyl.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:53:08 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: May 06, 2018, 07:02:53 am »

AA

We did fuck up quite a bit, and it's only sensible to apologize to the fellow.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: May 06, 2018, 07:23:41 am »

AA That why you don't send your spy's the moment you think someone is doing something.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: May 06, 2018, 07:33:02 am »

can we recall the army in the orcworld right now?

AC, war will come soon
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:50 am »

CC - We have an excuse to gobble up some more land.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: May 06, 2018, 08:41:59 am »

B
C
C

I suggest we don't give in to Estjald's demands. If he knows whats good for him he'll reconsider his brash actions. I kinda wish there was a F: Demand an apology for this slander against our honor.

You know what fine. If he wants to put us on the spot then we'll meet him head on. I think this is a better use of our army score than Orcworld right now anyway.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:43:50 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:01 am »

You thank the diplomat for his arrival and proclaim that you will write King Estjald a letter of apology.

Alissa and her children are made guests of the palace and are free to stay as long as they want. Lady Alissa leaves the audience room without a word.

Few hours later you let the envoy go back home with your letter of apology in his hands.

1171 AD, Autumn

Reports from Orcworld indicate that your troops have destroyed over fifty smaller and larger encampments of the orcs, killing at least three thousand of them.

2to5, 4to6

Springwine brought some profits; the goldwork fared much better this year, however!

A reply arrives from King Estjald. He has accepted your apology and decided to uphold the treaty of alliance between your nations. He wishes that Alissa and her children both remain under your care and do not come back to Cydwyl, as it is no longer their home.

Report comes from the gold mines in the northwest. The local prospectors have found even more gold veins around the place, which could allow the mining enterprise to be expanded, thus bringing much more bullion per year to the Imperial coffers.

A) Nah, steady is the name of the game.
B) Awww yeeeeah, gimme dat shiny gold!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:41 am »

B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:58 am »

B
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:26:22 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10840 on: May 06, 2018, 08:46:57 am »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: May 06, 2018, 08:51:49 am »

B - Ridiculous rates of income is our modus operandi.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: May 06, 2018, 08:52:45 am »

A we still don't know if we had dealed  totally with inflation

when we put patronage of arts and the demands for our artworks of gold and silver increases we can increase the mines production

although we can go with B now and try our luck
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: May 06, 2018, 08:59:31 am »

a
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: May 06, 2018, 09:02:02 am »

A, inflation is a pretty important problem, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1087