Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776090 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #9150 on: March 28, 2018, 03:43:39 pm »

You decide to find him a distraction from his grief.

Later you learn that he became quite a worker amongst noblemen, trying to ease tensions and resolve disputes amongst disgruntled ones.

1158 AD, Mid-Autumn

Diplomatic corps bring news; King of Rucus, or rather his court nobles, are quite interested in the furs and skins of rare and prized animals from the north, and are willing to negotiate prices with your merchants.

A) Ha! And they think I will allow dealings with our enemies? Fat chance!
B) Sure, mayhaps we get a nice deal out of these talks!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: March 28, 2018, 03:45:25 pm »

B!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: March 28, 2018, 03:46:01 pm »

B, they aren't enemies if we disavow our son's activities

Hotfire90

« Reply #9153 on: March 28, 2018, 03:47:09 pm »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: March 28, 2018, 03:47:14 pm »

B

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: March 28, 2018, 03:51:41 pm »

B

It would be nice to get tied up in trade with them. I'm not sure if it would make us much money with the passage tax, but I'd worry less about them coming for revenge. I'd rather not have worry about them runing across our Southern border while our armies are busy invading somebody else.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: March 28, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »

B Yeah. It seems like at least some of the Damdamians is willing to work together against foreign threats. Parsia or Eldrican don't have any allies to my knowledge so if we wish to expand then they would be good targets. At least with things as they currently are that is. Never know how the future will change things up.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: March 28, 2018, 04:03:20 pm »

Also Bonus: If we trade with Rucus, we could arrange to conduct the actual transaction in Eval. Eval is an independent vassal that sits between us and them, so I doubt our passage tax would apply on their lands.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:11 pm »

Also Bonus: If we trade with Rucus, we could arrange to conduct the actual transaction in Eval. Eval is an independent vassal that sits between us and them, so I doubt our passage tax would apply on their lands.
I don't see why it wouldn't; as a vassal state, they're part of the Empire. Of course, it's possible that it might not, but I wouldn't assume that. That said, of course... shouldn't we, as Emperor, be able to exempt any particular merchants from the passage tax at will? :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: March 28, 2018, 04:13:42 pm »

If I recall correctly, by making them vassals, we granted them autonomy in their own internal laws and affairs. They likely have to answer our call to arms, and I bet we could demand tribute from them if we wanted them to. Aside from that, I think they are basically their own nation.

Remember, before it collapsed, the Damdamian empire seemed to have several whole kingdoms as vassals. Speaking of, is Eval still a Duchy, or did it get upgraded to a Kingdom because its overlord is an emperor?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: March 28, 2018, 04:17:55 pm »

Ask Methiantese lawmakers not me ;v

Would be worthy of it if it got its own vassals, tho.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: March 28, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »

Eh. I'd think they'd be a duchy considering that they're not that big of a region, were a duchy when we conquered them, and the only time they tried to proclaim a king of Eval ended in defeat on their part.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: March 28, 2018, 04:47:56 pm »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: March 28, 2018, 04:56:51 pm »

B
Finally the diplomatic corps is paying off. All they brought us until now were, I think, 4 marriage proposals, half of which got turned down by our sons.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: March 28, 2018, 05:00:29 pm »

Would be worthy of it if it got its own vassals, tho.

Eh. I'd think they'd be a duchy considering that they're not that big of a region, were a duchy when we conquered them, and the only time they tried to proclaim a king of Eval ended in defeat on their part.

Hmm... Sounds like if/when we take over Eldrican, we should feed Eval a decent chunk of the place.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1087