Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72480 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 35: Ignoring the Manticore
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2017, 11:50:51 am »

(-2 to willpower, roll at disadvantage for chest damage resist, will get worse over time due to organ damage, hard to remove, -20 to INIT, -1 to chest damage resist, disadvantage at manual medical rolls for chest, requires two successes to remove)
In what world is that considered "healed"?

"Apocalyptic."
Shoot another arrow at Frank.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:33:41 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2017, 02:11:21 pm »

Play the trumpet to try and disable everyone except Dave, the golem, and myself.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:12:25 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2017, 02:22:23 pm »

Play the trumpet to try and disable everyone except me and Dave.
(And my golem I hope.)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:39 pm »

(-2 to willpower, roll at disadvantage for chest damage resist, will get worse over time due to organ damage, hard to remove, -20 to INIT, -1 to chest damage resist, disadvantage at manual medical rolls for chest, requires two successes to remove)
In what world is that considered "healed"?
((You're not about to die in 3 turns anymore, at least. Though perhaps it would make sense to be a little better. I'll edit it into this turn's status.))

Turn 36: The Amazing Performance Of Raphael

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(96, 52 = 52)
NAV/Dave Blade(23)
Person/Raphael(16)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(52)
ATHATH/Grimmy(2-20=-18)
Coolrune206/Frank(98)
Manticore(77)
Dancing Grape Golem(57)

Grimmy seemed to freeze in terror as Frank lined up a shot.

Shoot Grimmy again, then run over to him and begin clubbing the shit out of him with a crossbow. Should help.

Shoot!(1, 5, 4 = 5) vs. Dodge!(6)

Frank had all the time he needed to perfectly line up a shot aimed straight for Grimmy's heart. He fired. Grimmy seemed paralyzed, but at the last moment, grabbed the crossbow bolt in mid-air before it hit him.

Then the bolt exploded with electricity.

Willpower!(3-2=1)

The electricity wasn't normal by any definition, it didn't hurt Grimmy at all, but it certainly did something.

Luck!(6)

Electricity struck neural tissue and Grimmy roared in anger! He had gone berserk!

Frank was undeterred, running straight for Grimmy. If the bolt wouldn't work, maybe clubbing him would.

Grimmy was so slow that Frank had all the time he needed.

Club!(5, 3, 5 = 5) vs. Dodge!(3)

Thud went the crossbow against Grimmy, who managed to weaken the blow by moving out of the way, so it only hit his arm...

Club!(6) vs. Resist!(1)

Or what was left of it.

Critical Hit!(5)

Frank had somehow managed to cut off Grimmy's left arm with a blunt impact. Disabling pain met mad rage and Grimmy howled in anger...

The Manticore was very confused. Was there some weird memetic effect protecting him?
Quote from: Manticore
Er... attack again? Perhaps a little more violently this time?

Vicious Mauling!(3) vs. Dodge!(4, 1 = 1)

For once, the bolo around Blue's legs was effective and the Manticore knocked him over, if a bit slowly.

Maul Him Already!(3) vs. Resist!(5)

The manticore bit down and got a bite of sharp metal for his troubles. Biting a chainsaw hurt. At least Blue was on the ground now...

The Dancing Grape Golem was unfazed and went on the offensive!
Quote from: Dancing Grape Golem
As master commands!
The Dancing Grape Golem waited for William to drop the katana...

Then William A. Drango did so as the same time as Blue got to work on his boloed legs.

Drop my katana and slash Dave Blade with my hatchet.
Sorta assumed the specific-circumstances part already. Untie bolo for real, put full effort of turn into this.

Bolo Untying!(5)

For once, something went perfectly. Blue reached to his legs, eyed the uncooperative fox paw boots he wore, and untied the bolo around his legs... and took it for himself.

William didn't like the feeling he had, so he dropped the katana, where it was picked up by the Dancing Grape Golem...

Golem Slash!(4) vs. Dodge!(3)

William moved to dodge, but was hit.

Slash!(5+1=6) vs. Resist!(3)

Around came the katana, which struck William in the leg.

Willpower!(3)

William cried out in pain, and swung his hatchet at Dave, weakly.

Hatchet!(1, 5 = 1) vs. Dodge!(3)

It didn't even reach.

Dave Blade liked this.

"Die."
Punch of death.

Golem should probably pick up the katana again and attack again.

Punch of Death!(5) vs. Dodge!(3-1-1=1)

William, lying on the ground, had no hope of avoiding Dave Blade's punch of death.

Punch of Death!(6, 3 = 6) vs. Resist!(1-1=0)

Dave Blade yelled and struck William in the back. The metal cloak he wore didn't protect him from a purely blunt attack, and he cried out in pain.

Critical Hit!(4)

William coughed up blood. Not much blood, but still blood. Bad sign. Very bad sign. To make matters worse, he felt something settle over him. Die or suffer the consequences.

Raphael had his own way of aiding his ally.

Play the trumpet to try and disable everyone except Dave, the golem, and myself.

Intuitive Weirdness!(3)

As Raphael played, he pointed his trumpet at the Manticore.

Music-Making!(6)

Raphael played loud and hard, and magic flew over the arena.

Grim Resistance!(error: mind cannot take on state)

Grimmy ignored the loud trumpet music.

Frank Resistance!(5)

Frank waved off the music. What was that anyway?

Blue Resistance!(1-1=0)

Blue began cackling like a madman.

William Resistance!(4, 3 = 3)

The pain William felt didn't help him to resist the trumpet's spell, but he managed to weather much of it anyway.

Raphael Resistance!(5)

Raphael, playing the trumpet, was more focused on playing the music than listening to it.

Dave Blade Resistance!(3)

Dave Blade recognized what was happening, and managed to resist part of the trumpet's spell.

Manticore Resistance!(3)

The Manticore wasn't quite as... human... as the others, but some magic still leaked through.

Manticore Resistance Dos!(1)

Far more worrying was the feeling of peace, contentment, and detachment that flowed through its veins. Like some kind of drug.

Golem Resistance!(error: golem)

The Dancing Grape Golem didn't understand trumpet music at all.

Grimmy had gone bloody berserk.
Shoot another arrow at Frank.

It was a miracle that Grimmy went on to fire an arrow. One that would not happen again.

RAGE ARROW!(3) vs. Dodge!(6)

Frank rolled out of the way, dizzying himself. Firing an arrow with only one arm was difficult, but Grimmy managed, fueled by RAGE. Grimmy missed, and decided that his earlier idea of hitting Frank with the bow was a better one. Or perhaps he could use his scythe...

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER AWESOME (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. Though at least we have one now.

The trumpet is the funniest loot in the game(the funniest loot not in the game is the caltrops of addictive parrotification), methinks.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Bash at his knees with the crossbow. Try to break them. If he seems too dangerous to be near to, back the hell away and simply continue shooting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:28:46 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You only have one crossbow.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You only have one crossbow.))
((Shhhh I didn't say crossbows, I never make mistakes. Shhhh.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Fuuuuuuuuuck

"So, the old slippery, dippery, tripley, maliciously, hit me with a mind altering geas while having your Golem gal bury me, ploy.  Well, TWO can play at that game mister!"

Flip my friend cloak around so that it covers the front of my body, then jump on the manticore's back and force it to "wear" my friend cloak.

Edit for additional ham.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:16:20 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"NOW I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"

Splash acid on Frank, which will hopefully erode his carapace/armor and cause him much pain.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

"I am A HAMM? DELIGHTFUL!!! EPIC, even! NOTHING wrong, I've NO NEED for STEALTH! My actions are BIG and BOLD! I Will be UNFORGETTABLE!! Now..WHY am I in a DESERT? WHY did I even NOT NOTICE?!" *eyes spin, revealing flashback to how the desert happened* "ANNYway! I NHEAD to find out what these boots do! And kill! Preferably BOTH.....AT ONCE!"

Run toward the Drango, who BOUND me in this Bolo, maybe, and Slice him with my chainsaw....IN TWAIN!!

((Is it bad that I made my action ham without even knowing it was a requirement?))
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Aim my shotgun point blank at William.
"Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire two shots or only one?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a tier 2 loot, it shoots out frogs and I have no idea what it would to to you, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"
Pull the trigger.

Grape Golem should assist in execution with katana or collecting all the loot afterwards.

"...Hey, you interrupted my Dirty Harry speech!"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:16:05 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cut the manticore's head off with the katana. It won't resist right? If that fails, look for weak spots on my enemies.

"Don't worry, it'll all be over soon."

Note: I'm probably specifying too many actions in all these turns. Just pointing out here that I know that. Sorry for any annoyance that may have caused.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:40:26 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 37: Within An Inch of Death

INIT:
OceanSoul/THE AMAZING BLUE(96)
NAV/Dave Blade(38)
Person/Raphael(12)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(31-25=6)
ATHATH/Grimmy(38-20=18)
Coolrune206/Frank(43)
Manticore(3)
Dancing Grape Golem(13)

THE AMAZING BLUE had awakened to his inner hamminess!
"I am A HAMM? DELIGHTFUL!!! EPIC, even! NOTHING wrong, I've NO NEED for STEALTH! My actions are BIG and BOLD! I Will be UNFORGETTABLE!! Now..WHY am I in a DESERT? WHY did I even NOT NOTICE?!" *eyes spin, revealing flashback to how the desert happened* "ANNYway! I NHEAD to find out what these boots do! And kill! Preferably BOTH.....AT ONCE!"

Run toward the Drango, who BOUND me in this Bolo, maybe, and Slice him with my chainsaw....IN TWAIN!!

Affinity!(5)

Blue STRUCK William with a blast of disorienting and painful sound!

CHAINSAW!(5, 5, 1 = 5!) vs. Dodge!(4-1-1-1=1)

Blue BOUNCED off the ground, CHARGED William, and STRUCK at him with his CHAINSAW! William was POWERLESS to resist due to his LEG INJURY and the SONIC ATTACK!

CHAINSAW!(6, 2 = 6+1=7!) vs. Resist!(1, 4 = 1-1-1=-1)

Someone was screaming. Actually, three people were screaming. One in rage, off in the distance, one in pain, and one in delight.

ULTRA CRITICAL HIT!(1)

Blue, for some INSANE reason, was whacking WILLIAM with the FLAT of his CHAINSAW! WITH EXTREME FORCE! Even without being CUT, William was DOOMED! In more than ONE way!

Frank, meanwhile, faced a berserk opponent.

Bash at his knees with the crossbows. Try to break them. If he seems too dangerous to be near to, back the hell away and simply continue shooting.

Frank decided that maybe fighting a berserk opponent in melee was a bad idea, and backed away, backing his retreat with another bolt.

Bolt!(6) vs. Dodge!(1) ((these rolls...))

Grimmy was far too far gone to dodge.

Bolt!(4, 1 = 4) vs. Resist!(5, 4 = 4-1=3)

The bolt struck Grimmy in a place that would have been far worse for him if not for the fact that Grimmy didn't bloody care about being shot.

Willpower!(5, 6)

A blast of electricity and Chinese paint exploded over Grimmy. When it cleared, he was none the worse for wear. Frank was feeling pretty dang intimidated...

Dave Blade knew he was under a spell, but just couldn't help himself.

Aim my shotgun point blank at William.
"Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire two shots or only one?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a tier 2 loot, it shoots out frogs and I have no idea what it would to to you, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"
Pull the trigger.

Grape Golem should assist in execution with katana or collecting all the loot afterwards.

Aim!(no, you win after what Blue pulled) vs. Dodge!(no way are you moving)

Dave Blade unleashed a torrent of frogs onto William.

Resist!(5, 6, 1 = 1)

William held strong, fighting against the weird nausea he felt for far longer than one might have expected, but in the end Blue's beatdown did him in.

William began to vomit, and just didn't stop. He could hardly breathe.

Life-Or-Death Saving Throw!(3)

William didn't have much left in him. His body was undergoing total failure after extreme blunt force damage, and now he was literally vomiting his guts out.

Grimmy was bloody enraged.

"NOW I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"

Splash acid on Frank, which will hopefully erode his carapace/armor and cause him much pain.

AFFINITY!(4)

Grimmy fueled his magic with rage, summoning forth a small wave of acid from his chalice which was promptly shot at Frank.

Dodge!(5)

Frank did not like the look of the green acid, and threw himself out of the way.

The Dancing Grape Golem threw itself at William.

Katana!(1) vs. No!(no way are you dodging)

It was the perfect target. The Dancing Grape Golem swung and missed. Dave Blade threw up his arms in irritation.

Raphael had a different target in mind.
Cut the manticore's head off with the katana. It won't resist right? If that fails, look for weak spots on my enemies.

"Don't worry, it'll all be over soon."

Note: I'm probably specifying too many actions in all these turns. Just pointing out here that I know that. Sorry for any annoyance that may have caused.*
*((You're fine, looks like.))

Willpower!(5)

The Manticore shook itself, fighting off the drugs.

Katana!(4) vs. Dodge!(4)

The Manticore then threw itself out of the way of a katana strike. Oh, now they noticed him...

William A. Drango was having a very bad time. Between the gash in his leg, the critical damage he received from a brass knuckled punch, the chainsaw flat beatdown, he was almost dead.

Willpower!(1, 4, 3 = 1)

He just couldn't take it. He laid down and waited to die.

Friendship!(6)

Something was weird, though. His body was moving. He wasn't trying to move, his body was moving for him. And there was this odd feeling of tendrils worming through his flesh... his cloak that was his friend had decided to take over William's body. Excellent idea, William thought.

While the Friend was damaged, it was far less damaged than William's body. William was in agony as his body moved, but regardless of the pain, he moved.

Friendship!(3) vs. Dodge!(1)

William ran towards the Manticore, screaming in pain as he did so. The Manticore, blindsided by this, didn't dodge. William took off his Friend Cloak at its behest and threw it over the Manticore.

Friendship is Mandatory!(4) vs. Willpower!(6)

The Manticore felt tendrils intruding into its body, trying to take it over. It fought back, resisting the control... and then realized fighting the cloak was taking away its focus from fighting the drugs...

William collapsed to the ground, exhausted beyond belief. His friend had left him...

Willpower...!(1, 6, 4 = 1)

So it went. He lay upon the ground and waited to die. He hadn't died yet, though. The Geas broke against him.

Dave Blade felt power fill him. There was no way William was going to survive, but maybe he would last one more turn. He wasn't dying yet. There was next to no chance of William actually doing anything in that time, though. It was time to open up the way for a new combatant.

Fist of Death!(6, 3 = 6) vs. No!(0)

Fist of Death!(4, 5 = 5+1=6) vs. Resist!(6, 2, 2 = 2-1=1)

The fist struck down, inflicting great pain upon William. This was it. It was time to die.

Critical Hit!(2)

William felt awareness leave him... slowly. He still wasn't dead. How on earth wasn't he dead?

The Manticore would not be controlled!
Quote from: Manticore
Unacceptable! Get this cloak off me!

Manuvering!(3) vs. Friendship is Mandatory!(1)

The tendrils were not firmly ground into the Manticore's flesh. The Manticore shook, and the cloak lost part of its hold.
~~~

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER AWESOME (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. Though at least we have one now. Though I'm fairly sure he'll be getting in next turn...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 37: Within An Inch of Death
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »

((Why. Won't. He. Die. Damnit.))

Frank maintains distance and keeps firing bolts at his enemy. This time he aims for a vital spot; the head.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 37: Within An Inch of Death
« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »

Pry the wand and the hatchet from William's dying hands. Anyone who tries to interfere gets Fired (by my fire breath).

Then run away as fast as I possibly can (which is very fast) towards the pit.

The Golem should also try to get William's loot (in case it acts first) and hit anyone who interferes with the katana.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:49:57 pm by NAV »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38