Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72445 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 33: Ignorance and Science
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »

Turn 34: Fight Interference(and More Sniping)

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(37, 16 = 16)
NAV/Dave Blade(17)
Person/Raphael(64)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(32)
ATHATH/Grimmy(49-20=29)
Coolrune206/Frank(92)
Manticore(41)

Frank wanted to finish off his foe.

Guess I'll just keep shooting at him. The bolts seem pretty effective when they hit. Aim for the center of his mass.

Bolt!(6, 3 = 6) vs. Dodge!(4)

Grimmy moved to dodge, but Frank's bolt struck him anyway.

Bolt!(3) vs. Resist!(3, 4 = 3-1-1=1)

It wasn't the best shot, but Grimmy's chest didn't put up much of a fight.

Willpower!(3-1=2, 6-1=5)

Again with the electricity and paint. Again, Grimmy ignored the electricity, but the artistic look of his body spread and he now looked like something out of an ancient Chinese ink drawing, for the most part.

Raphael sought out a new target, cackling madly.

"LET US GO TO BATTLE DAVE! THE FOOLS SHALL FALL BEFORE US! MWAHAHA! FOOLISH FOOLS!"

Head off and find someone to kill who isn't named Dave Blade. Use the orb on them first if I find someone.

TARGET!(Desert War)

There were some people off in the desert, looked like. Raphael advanced on them, followed by Dave Blade...

TARGET!(William A. Drango)

Some bloke wearing a metal cloak caught Raphael's eye. Murdertime!

ORB BLAST!(5) vs. Dodge!(1)

A blast of dark energy shot from Raphael's hands and nailed William A. Drango in the head... and promptly did absolutely nothing. Any other attack would have been devastating...

The Manticore didn't like the intrusion. More people to fight...
Quote from: Manticore
Well, they do seem to be ignoring me...

Spine Throw!(1) vs. Dodge!(4, 5 = 4)

Never mind the fact that Blue had a bolo around his legs, he managed an acrobatic roll out of the way of the Manticore's inaccurately aimed spine throw.

William A. Drango was unfazed, and continued his murder.

Turn my cloak into a gauntlet and sock Blue in the face.

A flick of a switch converted his cloak into a gauntlet, which was promptly thrown(not literally) at Blue.

Fist!(4) vs. Dodge!(4, 1, 1 = 1)

With the bolo wrapped around his legs, Blue didn't even see Drango coming.

Fist!(5, 4 = 5) vs. Resist!(4-1=3)

A metal fist impacted Blue's ribs, who winced.

Grimmy was in a perpetual state of owww...

Acid arrow, gooooooooooooo!

Also, use my willpower to force the cartoonification to spread to the crossbow bolt wound so that it can heal itself offscreen.

Dip!(1)

Grimmy took an arrow and dipped it into the acid left in the chalice... where did the tip go?

Arrow!(2) vs. Dodge!(4, 1 = 4)

Frank had plenty of time to prepare to dodge, and managed to evade the blunt arrow.

((Little reminder:))
Frank got a crossbow and a quiver of bolts. He had the feeling its existence was still flexible, like he could choose a word and change the crossbow.

Grimmy got a longbow, and had much the same feeling of potential. Also, there was a note on the bow that said it was made in Russia, much like the quiver of arrows on his back.

Ongoing Damage!(1, 5, 4(extra roll caused by being hit this turn)=1)

Grimmy was definitely coughing up blood... er, ink, now.

Dave Blade and Blue both had the same target on their mind.

"Yes, let's go kill these fools."

Stay with Raphael. Shoot the same fool he attacks. Give my golem the katana and order it to attack them too.
Be ready to chainsaw Yotta when he gets close; and hope the boots can do something about the bolo. I will not die until I know what they do!

Unfortunately, Blue didn't see Drango coming, and hence failed to counter.

Intuition!(2)

At this point, Blue had absolutely no idea what his fox boots did. Dave Blade was taking far more proactive action.

Shotgun!(4) vs. Dodge!(6)

A blast of tiny frogs was dodged by Drango, though this left him vulnerable to another attack...

Katana!(6) vs. Dodge!(5)

Drango continued his evasion, but this time the attack hit him. The grape golem rejoiced, for it served its master well.

Katana!(3+1=4) vs. Resist!(5)

Somehow, though, Drango managed to catch the katana with his metal gauntlet!

Disarm!(4)

A firm yank led to the katana being acquired by Drango, though it wasn't stable in his hands...

~~~

Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty, though at least all six players are in motion now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:25:19 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

More bolts to this guy.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Revert my gauntlet back into a cloak and stab the grape golem with my new katana.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

I never wanted to counter. I wanted to attack Yotta, just without moving toward him myself. Attacking when I get a chance to isn't countering. That doesn't matter now, though; the bolo's a more pressing matter. Untie the bolo. Then start actually figuring out what the boots do.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

I think what happened was that, because you couldn't see my, you weren't able to tell if I got any closer to you. That is, until I punched you in the stomach.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Healing."

Shoot myself with my bow.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is, until I punched you in the stomach.
Which reminds me, I forgot to add extra damage to Blue.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not sure what came over me there. Bah, useless orb."

Katana Drango, then follow up with a scarf whip to disarm/block any weapons/projectiles.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile

Please add me to wait list F.
Name: Capko Eagleson
Description: A man dressed up like a medieval jester. He somehow ended up here while at a Renaissance fair.
Insert witty signature here

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

"Drop that katana!"
Punch him with my knuckles to make him drop the katana.
Golem should switch back to his clubs and keep attacking.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 35: Ignoring the Manticore

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(15, 50 = 15)
NAV/Dave Blade(48)
Person/Raphael(74)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(38)
ATHATH/Grimmy(41-20=21)
Coolrune206/Frank(63)
Manticore(45)
Dancing Grape Golem(25)

Raphael came down from his madness but continued doing what he was doing.

"Not sure what came over me there. Bah, useless orb."

Katana Drango, then follow up with a scarf whip to disarm/block any weapons/projectiles.

Katana!(2) vs. Dodge!(1)

Raphael swung the katana lazily, not expecting Drango not even bother to dodge. Or perhaps he just didn't react in time.

Katana!(1+1=2) vs. Resist!(4)

Then Drango blocked the attack with his gauntlet.

Frank continued his assault.

More bolts to this guy.

Bolt!(4, 6 = 6) vs. Dodge!(6)

The bolt flew through the air, aimed straight for Grimmy's heart. Thud. The bolt hit the ground, Grimmy somehow managed to deflect it with his own bow, though there was now a scrape on his own bow.

Dave Blade knew the dangers of a katana.

"Drop that katana!"
Punch him with my knuckles to make him drop the katana.
Golem should switch back to his clubs and keep attacking.

Fist!(3) vs. Dodge!(1)

Again, William didn't even bother to dodge.

Fist!(5) vs. Resist!(3)

Drango tried to block again, but instead received a strong brass knuckled strike to the chest. Dave Blade had words to convey, and he heard them. A command. William could either heed the command or face the penalty.

The Manticore continued its effort to kill one of the people ignoring it.
Quote from: Manticore
Wow, are they all blind?

Spine Throw!(2) vs. Dodge!(6, 5 = 5)

The spine flew through the air... and somehow, Blue pulled off a perfect dodge, never mind the bolo wrapped around his legs.

William A. Drango didn't like these odds.

Revert my gauntlet back into a cloak and stab the grape golem with my new katana.

A flick of a switch and he was wearing a slightly damaged metal cloak again. He had a better weapon now.

... Stab?!(4) vs. Dodge!(2)

The stab hit!

Stab!(4) vs. Resist!(6)

The stab pierced right through the grape golem! A moment later, William withdrew the blade... and nothing happened. Why on earth was he stabbing a golem with a katana?

At least the golem seemed mildly surprised by this.

This didn't mean the Dancing Grape Golem wasn't going to counterattack, though.
Quote from: Dancing Grape Golem
Counterattack!

Dance Strike!(4-1=3) vs. Dodge!(4)

A swung wooden club missed William, who bothered to dodge for once.

Grimmy wasn't going to give up! And he realized something...

"Healing."

Shoot myself with my bow.

Power entered his bow as he wished it to heal!

Shoot Myself!(5)

It was a little awkward shooting himself with a longbow, but Grimmy managed it.

Affinity!(5)

Power flowed through the arrow, correcting, stabilizing, fixing... and it helped. It wasn't enough to completely fix all Grimmy's health problems, but it really helped. On the other hand, now there was an arrow and two crossbow bolts stuck in his partially healed chest.

Blue was falling to the mini dinosaur curse, but would not give up!

Untie the bolo. Then start actually figuring out what the boots do.

Untie!(2)

Blue looked at the bolo... tied around his legs... how was he supposed to fix that?

Intuition!(4)

Blue stared at his paw boots. There had to be something he was missing. Maybe they had an effect that only worked under specific circumstances?
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. Though at least we have one now.

Also, why is everybody in the four-person(plus golem) pile up ignoring the manticore boss slinging spines at Blue?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 35: Ignoring the Manticore
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

Shoot Grimmy again, then run over to him and begin clubbing the shit out of him with a crossbow. Should help.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2017, 05:48:58 pm »

Drop my katana and slash Dave Blade with my hatchet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2017, 10:33:46 am »

"Die."
Punch of death.

Golem should probably pick up the katana again and attack again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2017, 11:42:29 am »

Sorta assumed the specific-circumstances part already. Untie bolo for real, put full effort of turn into this.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38