Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72518 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 31: Try This On For Size
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2017, 12:01:48 pm »

((Can he toss in two loots then come back later and toss in the third to recieve a loot?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:42 pm »

((I would have updated by now, methinks, but Raphael/Person is still trying to sacrifice his loot for no gain.))
Just put them in a quantum state. He's not using them next turn, so we can get clarification on what he's trying to do and if he can do that then.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2017, 02:39:18 pm »

Fixed action. Sorry thought they were same rarity.

Spoiler: Sorry (click to show/hide)
Was I wrong? YES.

Edit: Oh derp, need 3 tier 2 loots to combine. My bad. Huh, why did I think it took two combines for each level? Weird.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:45:19 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2017, 03:45:29 pm »

Turn 32: Sniper Duel

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(92)
NAV/Dave Blade(28)
Person/Raphael(39)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(N/A)
ATHATH/Grimmy(92)
Coolrune206/Frank(70)

Blue noticed that his opponent Flabort was being replaced with someone else and was hence protected by the normal golden shield granted to people being replaced, so he opted to experiment with his loot.

If you don't, then, to be fair, FOU, just replace my action with me just attempting to understand the boots a bit better, and using the chainsaw to separate the chalice from the DERPBOT statue.

Blue focused on his boots. There had to be more to them than what they were showing...

Intuition!(3)

Obviously, there was something he was missing.

Blue eyed the DOOMBOT statue, considering doing something more productive... then he realized Grimmy had already taken the chalice.

Said chalice thief, Grimmy, was in the middle of a fight.

Tap a small sip from the acid chalice. If it just burns me and/or doesn't empower me in any way, dip an arrow into it and fire it (the arrow) at Frank. If it gave me a beneficial effect, just fire a normal arrow at Frank.

Affinity!(3)

A little bit of acid bubbled up in the chalice. Grimmy raised it to his lips and owwwww. Never mind that.

Dip!(6)

Grimmy dipped one of his arrows into the acid... though he did get a drop or two on his hands, ow, he did manage to coat the arrow tip in acid.

Arrow!(1-1=0) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

Frank didn't dodge, Grimmy was too busy getting the acid off his hands to shoot.

Frank decided a counterattack was in order.

Frank grabs up his crossbow and speaks the word "... lightning?" before nocking a bolt and firing it at the retreating Grimmy.

But first, he spoke and lightning entered his crossbow. Or... something like lightning. There was something more to it.

Bolt!(5-1(you're trying to shoot a crossbow using claws)=4) vs. Dodge!(1)

The bolt, crackling with electricity, struck Grimmy right in the chest.

Bolt!(6, 3 = 6) vs. Resist!(2-1=1) ((... welp))

Willpower!(4-1=3, 6-1=5)

The bolt exploded with electricity and paint, and Grimmy felt his skin change tones, looking more like something painted than something real. At least the weird electricity he felt didn't seem to influence him...

On the other hand, crossbow bolt to damaged ribs. Owww.

Raphael and Dave Blade walked off into the southern plains to test their loot...

"Bah. All this magical loot. As much as I like a good puzzle, I'd like something more practical killing wise."

Follow NAV.
"Let's go. Better to test our loot and discuss strategy where we won't be seen or interrupted."
Dave Blade crosses his katana and shotgun in an X over his chest and walks south into the magical realm of PMs.

Raphael and Dave Blade trudged south into the magical realm of PMs... though the land there was fairly flat, so it wouldn't be too hard to spy on them if someone put their mind to it...
~~~
William A. Drango appeared!

... why was he wearing some sort of damaged cloak which was his friend, he realized? Why was he feeling pain when he was uninjured? Why did he have a hatchet engraved with music notes and a wand with hearts and horseshoes on it? Who was that guy with earthy fox paws for feet who had a chainsaw? Why was everything so sandy?

And what on earth was a Manticore doing erupting out of the sand!?

And why did a bolo just appear in his hands?
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty, though at least all six players are in motion now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 32: Sniper Duel
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2017, 03:58:28 pm »

Grimmy looks down at his chest, realizes something, and smiles madly. He then shoots his acid arrow at Frank.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2017, 04:14:06 pm »

Before Grimmy can nock another arrow and fire, Frank whispers into the crossbow "Disarming", and lets loose another bolt at Grimmy.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2017, 07:43:35 pm »

Try again to figure out what the boots do, then attack Drango with the chainsaw!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2017, 08:23:55 pm »

Toss my bolo at Blue at blue feet. 
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2017, 05:56:36 pm »

NAV and Person have sent in secret actions, so I can run the turn.

In future though, if you send in a secret action, also post something like "sending in secret action" in the thread so I can keep track better.

Also, I tweaked the loot generator this turn.

Turn 33: Ignorance and Science
~~~
INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(31)
NAV/Dave Blade(52)
Person/Raphael(53)
Yottawhat/William A. Drango(98)
ATHATH/Grimmy(83)
Coolrune206/Frank(27)
Manticore(45)

William A. Drango went straight to murder. Perhaps his friend cloak was egging him on.
Toss my bolo at Blue's feet. 

Bolo!(6, 4 = 6) vs. Dodge!(4)

William lobbed his bolo at Blue's feet, and connected.

Tangle!(6) ((I don't think this is the sort of thing that can be damage resisted.))

It promptly wrapped around Blue's lower legs, tying them together.

Grimmy had much the same intentions.

Grimmy looks down at his chest, realizes something, and smiles madly. He then shoots his acid arrow at Frank.

Archery!(6, 6 = 6) vs. Dodge!(6)

The arrow flew, and Grimmy's hands ached from mild acid burns. Frank rolled out of the way, and dizzied himself.

Dave Blade and Raphael were doing secret loot testing.

The Manticore was confused. Was it being ignored?
Quote from: Manticore
Well okay then. That cloak looks tough to pierce, so I'll start with the chainsaw guy.

Spines!(3) vs. Dodge!(5, 4 = 4)

While Blue was a bit tangled up with the bolo around his legs, he managed to avoid the Manticore's inaccurate initial spine throw.

Blue didn't like this one bit.
Try again to figure out what the boots do, then attack Drango with the chainsaw!

Though he did have priorities.

Intuition!(3)

Clearly there was something he wasn't understanding...

Chainsaw!(6, 5, 1 = 1) vs. Dodge!(5, 3 = 5)

Blue charged(never mind the bolo) but missed his opponent. Mainly due to the fact that Blue couldn't see his opponent at all! He was there one moment, but gone the next. Something must have happened...

Critical Fail!(6)

Never mind the bolo, Blue managed to keep upright easily.

Frank had murder on his mind.

Before Grimmy can nock another arrow and fire, Frank whispers into the crossbow "Disarming", and lets loose another bolt at Grimmy.

Frank whispered "disarming" to his crossbow, to no effect. One-time deal, looked like.

Bolt!(6) vs. Dodge!(6, 6 = 6)

The accurately aimed bolt missed the quickly dodging Grimmy.

Null glared at Lady Luck, who was laughing.

Worsening?!(3, 2 = 2-1=1)

Grimmy, though he managed to dodge, was coughing up blood. He really wasn't having a good day.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: William A Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty, though at least all six players are in motion now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 33: Ignorance and Science
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2017, 06:02:34 pm »

Guess I'll just keep shooting at him. The bolts seem pretty effective when they hit. Aim for the center of his mass.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »

Turn my cloak into a gauntlet and sock Blue in the face.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2017, 08:33:42 pm »

Acid arrow, gooooooooooooo!

Also, use my willpower to force the cartoonification to spread to the crossbow bolt wound so that it can heal itself offscreen.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2017, 10:25:14 pm »

Be ready to chainsaw Yotta when he gets close; and hope the boots can do something about the bolo. I will not die until I know what they do!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2017, 10:30:27 am »

"LET US GO TO BATTLE DAVE! THE FOOLS SHALL FALL BEFORE US! MWAHAHA! FOOLISH FOOLS!"

Head off and find someone to kill who isn't named Dave Blade. Use the orb on them first if I find someone.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 27, 2017, 10:46:47 am »

"Yes, let's go kill these fools."

Stay with Raphael. Shoot the same fool he attacks. Give my golem the katana and order it to attack them too.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38