Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72517 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 29: Stuff Happens
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »

Alrighty then.

Guess I'll just brutally slaughter Grimmy with my crab-claws. Not like there's much he can do about it.
Intimidate Frank into not attacking, since intimidation won't receive a penalty due to my winded-ness.

Then hit him with my scythe. Hard.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2017, 09:56:08 pm »

Re-rev, and attempt to slice him down again!

"You, Flabort, may see a clumsy enemy, but I C Sharp execution in your future! Ahahahahahaaah!"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »

"Golem, you can't attack us! If you do you will only harm yourself."
The golem isn't allowed to attack us.

Sprint past the golem with full magic speed. Slash with my katana as I pass, using my momentum to slash harder.

((You could use better turn titles. "Stuff Happens" isn't a good subtitle. They should be a bit more humorous or descriptive.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »

((You could use better turn titles. "Stuff Happens" isn't a good subtitle. They should be a bit more humorous or descriptive.))
((Probably. Just lacking for ideas. The turns are turning slightly boring.))
~~~
Just missing Person now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2017, 07:11:12 pm »

((Name it something like "Magical shining crab man!"))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2017, 07:28:03 pm »

((Name it something like "Magical shining crab man!"))
He has.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 29: Magical Shining Crab Man
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:07 pm »

"You doing something weird with loot? Hope whatever that is works!"

Charge in and keep slashing with the katana! Go all out! Keep the scarf in shield mode if possible to do so simultaneously.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 29: Magical Shining Crab Man
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2017, 08:26:34 pm »

Turn 30: Rain Of Gifts and Bisected Golem

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(6)
NAV/Dave Blade(64-15=49)
Person/Raphael(42)
flabort/Flabort(10)
Feathered Steak Golem(16-30=-14)
ATHATH/Grimmy(54-30=24)
Coolrune206/Frank(36)

While everyone was a bit slow, Dave Blade was the fastest, despite the knife in his foot.

"Golem, you can't attack us! If you do you will only harm yourself."
The golem isn't allowed to attack us.

Sprint past the golem with full magic speed. Slash with my katana as I pass, using my momentum to slash harder.

Magic happened.

Dave Blade charged the Feathered Steak Golem... and his running magic vanished. Nevertheless, he had a katana and the golem was being slow.

Katana!(6, 1 = 6) vs. Dodge!(5-2=3)

The blade struck the Feathered Steak Golem, while it saw the attack coming, it was too slow to dodge.

Katana!(4+1=5) vs. Resist!(6-1-1=4)

Dave Blade lodged his katana in the golem... he lodged the katana in the golem and couldn't get it out. On the plus side, it did look like it did some damage.

Raphael followed up.

"You doing something weird with loot? Hope whatever that is works!"

Charge in and keep slashing with the katana! Go all out! Keep the scarf in shield mode if possible to do so simultaneously.

Affinity!(3)

Raphael focused on his scarf... and it twitched a bit, wrapping around Raphael's arm, but not taking a shield shape.

Katana!(2, 6 = 6) vs. Dodge!(3-2=1)

Katana!(3, 6 = 6+1=7) vs. Resist!(3-1-1=1)

Finishing Blow?!(6)

The katana was legendary for a reason. One moment, there was a moving golem, the next moment, there were two immobile pieces of a golem.

"... what? Already? But it didn't even use its intangibility and regeneration abilities! Good grief. Your rewards, then."

And then Raphael and Dave Blade were standing in the hills, fully healed.

A trumpet dropped into Raphael's hands, and Dave Blade noticed... what on earth was that? It looked like a golem. Except it was made of grapes. And it was dancing. And it was holding a wooden club in each hand.

Only time would tell if the alliance of Dave Blade and Raphael would hold.

Frank was busy murdering Grimmy.

Alrighty then.

Guess I'll just brutally slaughter Grimmy with my crab-claws. Not like there's much he can do about it.

Crab Claw!(5) vs. Dodge!(5)

Grimmy was still having breathing issues, but he managed to get out of the way fine.

Grimmy was getting really irritated.
Intimidate Frank into not attacking, since intimidation won't receive a penalty due to my winded-ness.

Then hit him with my scythe. Hard.

Intimidation was a bit hard to pull off while wheezing, but it wasn't really necessary.

Scythe!(5, 5 = 5) vs. Dodge!(4-1=3)

Miraculously, Grimmy's scythe strike actually hit Frank, though it hit the exoskeleton.

Scythe!(5) vs. Resist!(5+2=7)

Grimmy's strong scythe strike met exoskeleton and bounced off.

(... starts rolling(5, 6, 1, 4, 2) okay that's done, then. Luck is weird sometimes. Seriously, four fives, then a four, then three move fives? Who committed human sacrifice!?)

Flabort had plans. Big plans.
Quote from: Friend Cloak
secret puppetry...

But Blue wasn't letting him get away.

Re-rev, and attempt to slice him down again!

"You, Flabort, may see a clumsy enemy, but I C Sharp execution in your future! Ahahahahahaaah!"

Chase Scene!(6) vs. Get Away!(5)

Blue rushed after Flabort's puppeted body, and barely managed to catch up. Then Blue realized he was tired. Still, though...

Affinity!(2)

Blue's music didn't help much...

Chainsaw!(5-1=4) vs. Dodge!(3)

He still managed to pull off a hit.

Chainsaw!(4+1=5) vs. Resist!(2+1=3)

Flabort and his cloak screamed in pain as Blue's chainsaw bit into him.
~~~
Shadows. "To celebrate [turn 30], I've decided to give you all a taste of power. I've given you all a tier 2 loot. Let the bloodbath begin!"
~~~
flabort's body got a magic looking wand, inscribed with hearts and horseshoes.

Dave Blade got a magic looking ring, the name Hephaestus inscribed into it.

Blue got a pair of boots made to look like fox paws, the sort of thing a furry would wear in a costume, though they are oddly colored for fox paws, being earthy instead of red or snow white or whatnot. Intricate patterns are inscribed into the boots in every location.

Raphael got a crystal ball with the image of a disintegrating tundra in it.

Frank got a crossbow and a quiver of bolts. He had the feeling its existence was still flexible, like he could choose a word and change the crossbow.

Grimmy got a longbow, and had much the same feeling of potential. Also, there was a note on the bow that said it was made in Russia, much like the quiver of arrows on his back.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DERPBOT-3000 Statue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty.

Also what the heck, instant golem kill. It was the only thing that made sense with those rolls...

Originally, the bonus loot was going to be temporary, but then someone got an amazingly lucky loot and I just couldn't let it go to waste after three turns...

Do remember the chalice the DOOMBOT statue is holding is Tier 2.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 30: Gifts and Bisection
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2017, 08:33:11 pm »

Frank ignored the ranged weapon for now, as he was presently locked in melee. He continued his assault with his claws, hoping to mutilate his foe to the point of death.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »

"Holy shit nice slash. Wanna team up?"
Offer to team with Raphael.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2017, 09:21:22 pm »

Hmm...toss boots and chainsaw in for tier 3 loot, or keep using them for now?...I'll go with the latter. Don't know what the music does yet.

Attack with chainsaw one more time, then try on boots.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2017, 09:27:03 pm »

DOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDGGGGEEEEEE (again)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:14 am »

"Definitely! You didn't do too badly yourself! You know, I don't think we've made our introductions. My name is Raphael, yours?"

Accept. Try to figure out what the orb does without using it on my ally or anything too close to me.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:23:59 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2017, 09:56:47 am »

"Dave Blade. Together we'll be unstoppable!

Can I have that knife back so I can trade it for better loot?"

Assuming I get the knife back, toss the radio box filled with knives and the excavation gem into the pit to recieve yet another tier 2 loot.

Order the dancing grape golem to protect either of us if necessary.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:10:31 pm by NAV »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2017, 06:53:08 pm »

Turn 31: Try This On For Size

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(57)
NAV/Dave Blade(48)
Person/Raphael(2)
flabort/Flabort(28)
ATHATH/Grimmy(85-30=55)
Coolrune206/Frank(21)

Everyone was fairly slow to act, as before. Still, Blue was first to act, barely.

Hmm...toss boots and chainsaw in for tier 3 loot, or keep using them for now?...I'll go with the latter. Don't know what the music does yet.

Attack with chainsaw one more time, then try on boots.

Affinity!(5)

Blue revved his chainsaw, unleashing a disorienting blast of sound at Flabort.

Resist!(4)

It didn't really do much, though, though Flabort winced.

Chainsaw!(4) vs. Dodge!(1)

It was a devastating attack.

Chainsaw!(2, 5 = 5+1=6) vs. Resist!(6-1+1=6)

Flabort managed to blunt the force of the blow, though he still cried out in pain from his possessor.

Flabort looked to be fairly distracted from the music and the pain, so Blue took the opportunity to put on his fox paw boots.

... contrary to Blue's expectations, absolutely nothing happened. No transformation, no glowing, no weird feelings, no nothing.

Grimmy was busy dodging and running away.

DOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDGGGGEEEEEE (again)
In addition to this, also RUN AWAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

Seeing as Frank was taking his time, Grimmy broke off on a sprint.

Run!(3) vs. Chase!(1)

Grimmy didn't make it very far, he was still having problems breathing... on the other hand, Frank definitely wasn't catching up. Crab exoskeleton had to be heavy.

Luck!(6)

Grimmy's head hurt. Somewhere along the way of running, he must have had hit something hard. Like a statue constructed by acid holding a chalice, which Grimmy was now holding. On the other hand, his head hurt now.

Dave Blade had allying to do. Thankfully, Raphael accepted.

"Dave Blade. Together we'll be unstoppable!

Can I have that knife back so I can trade it for better loot?"

Assuming I get the knife back, toss the radio box filled with knives and the excavation gem into the pit to recieve yet another tier 2 loot.

Order the dancing grape golem to protect either of us if necessary.

The dancing grape golem took on a faster, harder rhythm, and moved closer to Dave Blade. That was probably a yes.

Upon asking Raphael for Dave's knife back, Raphael shrugged and complied, after all, he had a katana now. ((I'm assuming this is what you would do in character considering you have a katana. If I was wrong about this, please let me know. I wanted to get the turn into gear. I'm also assuming you would follow Dave Blade by default as he walks to the center.))

Dave Blade advanced to the center circle, where chaos was happening. Raphael was being a bit slow to follow, but he was coming, so Dave Blade was fine. The pit beckoned.

The box of knives and the gem of excavation. Both useful and powerful tools. But both were Tier 1, and would be weaker than whatever Dave got out of the pit.

In they went.

A double barrel shotgun and a bag of shells promptly shot out of the pit and into Dave's hands.

Flabort's puppeteer did not like this fight at all. Maybe his new wand could help him.
Quote from: Cloak
Ow. Okay, let's try this wand out.

Affinity!(3)

Flabort's body jabbed the wand at Blue and a little pink energy came out. Blue didn't have trouble getting out of the way.

Joint Luck!(1)

There was a rumbling in the desert sands. The Manticore was rising from them.

Frank failed to catch up to his opponent. Maybe now this ranged weapon would be helpful?
Frank ignored the ranged weapon for now, as he was presently locked in melee. He continued his assault with his claws, hoping to mutilate his foe to the point of death.

Finally, Raphael arrived to Dave Blade's position and experimented with his orb.

He kept a safe distance, then focused on the orb.

Affinity!(3)

There was more to the orb than just wanting it to do stuff. But what...?

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38