Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12970 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2017, 12:23:02 am »

It seems as though Ardent Debater has gotten the votes required to join the game. Bluexdog only needs one more to be accepted. So Ardebater is free to take action this turn.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2017, 12:24:18 am »

Yeah, no one wants to really do the world building aspect. I think I'm going to go price it out by number of mortals each hex can support as opposed to actual size. Because actual size is giving me a headache.
The problem is that how any people a hex can support is pretty subjective to the terrain on it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:17 am »

Can I get a General ETA on next tern assuming we generally stop posting right now?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2017, 01:07:12 am »

Can I get a General ETA on next tern assuming we generally stop posting right now?

Tomorrow sometime (Well today technically, but its past midnight local time). Some people still haven't done much this turn.

Yeah, no one wants to really do the world building aspect. I think I'm going to go price it out by number of mortals each hex can support as opposed to actual size. Because actual size is giving me a headache.
The problem is that how any people a hex can support is pretty subjective to the terrain on it.

Indeed. Its starting to seem that land is one of those things that the less one thinks about, the better.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2017, 01:12:29 am »

And generally just needs a pricedrop :P

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2017, 01:56:53 am »

And generally just needs a pricedrop :P

Yeah maybe. I thought about giving increased  returns (10 for 20 hexes, 30 IP 75. Something like that). But then people would just stockpile their points until they had a ton for it. The one thing I like about the current system is that it encourages you to buy land as you need it. If there are any changes, I'll refund people or find some sort of fair reprisal. But I don't foresee a pricing change this turn.

Speaking of need it, I have to update the map and create an additional one for your planet. I'll probably also do some work on food and population mechanics. Because right now food, land, and population are all "Don't think about it too hard, its a game" things. I plan on changing them to "General indicators of whats up" things.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2017, 07:57:41 pm »

I've had a busy day. I'll try to get an update tonight.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2017, 11:26:19 pm »

I've had a busy day. I'll try to get an update tonight.

Take your time, it's worth the wait.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2017, 11:50:06 pm »

Well, this has got me interested. Can I jump in the waitlist, or what-have-you? I'll just pull up a sheet right here...
Spoiler: Daerillal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Changelings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:06:12 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2017, 10:39:59 am »

Actually put up my race sheet now. Didn't realize I needed that until now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »

@Roboson: Can we get a list of who has voted for Bluexdog? Just to keep track of things is all.

And pricecheck:
Hallowed ground: Prevents plant and animal life of another god from taking root in an area.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2017, 03:28:31 pm »

@Roboson: Can we get a list of who has voted for Bluexdog? Just to keep track of things is all.

And pricecheck:
Hallowed ground: Prevents plant and animal life of another god from taking root in an area.

Anti-god stuff is highly dangerous and expensive. Not only because its powerful magic, but it also goes against the "game" parts of the game. My immediate reaction to a "My god and my stuff only" sort of enchantment is to double the price. Mostly because it takes the !!fun!! out of having multiple gods, ya know? That sort of thing should be small scale, not like entire continents.

Actually I think that's what I'll do. Cost doubles and can't be applied to land purchases (so artifacts, magical landmarks, and heros are fair game, but not entire continents at a time). This ruling is highly subject to revision as I decided in the few moments it took me to write this.

I'll go back through and check the votes.
I found your vote (Taricus) and NRDL's vote. I think crazyabe was the other supporter. Demonicspoon voted no which is the same as withholding a vote. So 3 in favor of, one against, and 6 who haven't voted I believe.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:31:56 pm by Roboson »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »

Ah, okay. Nevermind that then. Pricecheck for throwing off unwanted 'guests' off of my world? :P

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »

Ah, okay. Nevermind that then. Pricecheck for throwing off unwanted 'guests' off of my world? :P

Straight up killing anything that you don't want is fairly easy. Personally I'd pursue biological methods over acts of god. Say and evil narrator someone drops, a species of giant beetles on your world. A plague could decimate them. Or you could create a type of animal that eats them. This, over the long term, would probably be better than the "Kill it with fire" or "Smite it with lightning" sort of methods.

So the answer is, it can cost as little as you can creatively make work. If you mean magically lift them up all up at once with some giant spell that effects your entire world (but only the unwanted creatures) and throw them into space, that's gonna be hella expensive due to size and specificity.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »

Well, with that being said is there any living thing on my planet at all? Just want to make sure before I commit to anything.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13