Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12965 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2017, 06:55:22 am »

Waukahan paid the other 3IP required by the Lizard Wizard, so his IP totals should be 34 AFAIK.

Stolen's IP should be 18

Maumanai's IP should be 30, since he and Guldenix donated 5 IP to world creation, I'm assuming the 10 IP the two of them donated was used to make the hub bigger? Because otherwise that's a lot of races crammed into a tiny bit of land.

Spoiler: IP tracking (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:57:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »

I think I should have gotten an additional 1IP from hydraslime influence, so my current IP should be 31?

How much to make the collector spiders into a race? Or are they one already?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how suited to hermit isolation would the rose houses be? Because thorns

Do any of my races particularly need more food crops?

What are spirits like?

In order:

1) Correct.

2) The decorator spiders are intelligent beasts. They're capable of speech and complex thoughts on a human level, but they have no interest in civilized society.

3) They do have thorns. And they are quite pretty. I'd say they're pretty decent for hermits. So magic number: 7 + or - 2.

4) Spirits are a lot like mortal creatures, except they're ethereal. Basically its a category for anything that isn't biological. So elemental, ghosts, spirits from folklore, basically anything thats not strictly a living creature. So a water elemental and a wood nymph and a ghost and a Yōkai walk into a bar are all spirits.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »

How large are the large island chains?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2017, 04:06:13 pm »

10 IP gets you around 20 hexes. When I did the math, each hex came to be about 40 hex square miles. So an island chain for 10 IP would be around 800 square miles. But now that I'm looking at a map, that seems kind of small. Especially since the Hawaii Islands have a total area of 6,423 square miles. So I'm going to have to think about this a bit and find a reasonable real size for everything. Its likely I'll settle for 5,000-8,000 square miles for 10 IP.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2017, 04:08:01 pm »

So to basically get enough landmass for the world to be just 70% water I'm going to be spending upwards of 200 IP?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »

So to basically get enough landmass for the world to be just 70% water I'm going to be spending upwards of 200 IP?

Hmmm No, that doesn't seem right.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2017, 04:29:28 pm »

Do the Xyaria or the Hydraslimes or the Tortons need food or anything? Wondering if I should buy the food-plants or leave them for other gods.

Would the Xyaria or the Tortons like rose-houses do you think?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:31:59 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »

Do the Xyaria or the Hydraslimes or the Tortons need food or anything? Wondering if I should buy the food-plants or leave them for other gods.

Oh I totally missed the food question. Yes. Right now pretty much all the races spend their time collecting and cooking fairly unnutritious moss. Or hunting things that eat moss. There's no agriculture or vegetables to speak of. So everything is hunter gatherer, except everyone is basically eating grass (and grass isn't really that edible).

The tortons probably would like them. They're like rose bush trees, except instead of being orb shaped at the top, they're dome shaped. The  Xyaria probably wouldn't, nature and all that really isn't their style.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2017, 05:29:26 pm »

Oh I totally missed the food question. Yes. Right now pretty much all the races spend their time collecting and cooking fairly unnutritious moss. Or hunting things that eat moss. There's no agriculture or vegetables to speak of. So everything is hunter gatherer, except everyone is basically eating grass (and grass isn't really that edible).
Stolen did make the Green Bushes that have edible berries iirc.

And I thought people would eat the moss-eating slimes. Aren't slimes edible?

Stolen stretches out a series of tentacles and shapes essence across the Hub, causing gnarled little shrubs to spring up around the mouths of the many entrances to the Hub's caverns around the Celestial Meridian's walls.  Stubby and dull green in the sun's pale light, the shrubs' leaves provide nutrition for the crab-cats and their little blue berries are sweet and nutritious to Cthons to eat.

She produces Green Shrubs (IP 5) to proliferate around the Hub and other areas, particularly focusing around cave mouths.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:36:30 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2017, 05:39:38 pm »

Hmmm No, that doesn't seem right.

Hmmmm, ok so here's the issue. The game is set up for everyone to be on one planet. So 200 IP is just two turns of income for the players. SO if people made land, they could have earth by the end of turn 2. Which from a game pacing perspective, that makes total sense. Although its more likely they'd get halfway there and call it good because it doesn't make a huge difference on the actual gameplay.

But you're making your own planet all by yourself. Which means your making something that I priced out to be the largest collaborative thing in the game. And so instead of spending 200 IP over two turns, you have to spend 10 IP over 20 turns to get the same result.

Stolen did make the Green Bushes that have edible berries iirc.

And I thought people would eat the moss-eating slimes. Aren't slimes edible?

Yeah but the bushes only grow around the edges of the caves in the hub. So they aren't widespread. Also living off just berries is hard, that's a lot of berries.

Slimes are edible(ish). They don't really have meat, and sort of melt when they die. I guess if one could trap one in a pot and then kill it, you could catch the corpse goop. But like, they'ye not a good food source either way. They're edible, just like, not a great food source.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2017, 05:43:34 pm »

Slimes are edible(ish). They don't really have meat, and sort of melt when they die. I guess if one could trap one in a pot and then kill it, you could catch the corpse goop. But like, they'ye not a good food source either way. They're edible, just like, not a great food source.
I could see slimes being a sort of delicacy, or at least the base of one, if combined with other ingredients. Maybe slime-berry pudding?

Also, slime-pot traps set up all over is something that sounds cool. Not like it's hard to outsmart a moss-slime.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:45:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »

Wait, so I haven't placed my Orathals yet...?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2017, 06:36:44 pm »

Wait, so I haven't placed my Orathals yet...?

I don't remember you doing so yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2017, 07:13:30 pm »

Hmmmm, ok so here's the issue. The game is set up for everyone to be on one planet. So 200 IP is just two turns of income for the players. SO if people made land, they could have earth by the end of turn 2. Which from a game pacing perspective, that makes total sense. Although its more likely they'd get halfway there and call it good because it doesn't make a huge difference on the actual gameplay.

But you're making your own planet all by yourself. Which means your making something that I priced out to be the largest collaborative thing in the game. And so instead of spending 200 IP over two turns, you have to spend 10 IP over 20 turns to get the same result.
The problem is that it is expensive to the point that no-one really shells out for it at the beginning of the game. More to the point there's no 10 IP option listed for part of a continent, and given that people don't really give land much of a look so there's not much, if any, price-checking on it.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2017, 08:56:10 pm »

Yeah, no one wants to really do the world building aspect. I think I'm going to go price it out by number of mortals each hex can support as opposed to actual size. Because actual size is giving me a headache.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13